Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting lineups for the varsity and jv from the 58th district
just wanted to see what you all think
Im kind of wonderin myself who will ac start this year after losing pretty 4 or 5 seniors last year?
LIPS Wrote:Im kind of wonderin myself who will ac start this year after losing pretty 4 or 5 seniors last year?

I've been told AC has tried a few different lineups in their scrimmages.

AC vs. Shelby Valley
Alex Hammonds
Aaron Crum
Hunter Crowder
Clinton Turner
Josh Prater didn't start- but I can't recall who started in his usual place.

AC vs. Berea (first of 2 20 minute halves)
ALex Hammonds
Hunter Crowder
Logan Crowder
Chris Stumbo
Josh Prater

AC vs. Berea (second of 2 20 minute halves/prior score erased)
Alex Hammonds
Hunter Crowder
Logan Crowder
Josh Prater
Aaron Crum

AC will open their season on December 1 at Somerset. They will play Southwestern at 1:00. It's hard to say what lineup Johnny Martin will go with. I guess everyone will have to wait and see.
Prestonsburg Blackcats

Varsity

G- Jody Tackett
G- Jordan Hall
G- Taylor Clark
F- Austin Gearheart
F- Nathaniel Stephens

Junior Varsity

G- Tyler Hall
G- Alex Stumbo
F- Cameron Tincher
F- Cody McCoy
F- Steven Patrick
[INDENT]
blackcat_student Wrote:Prestonsburg Blackcats

Varsity

G- Jody Tackett
G- Jordan Hall
G- Taylor Clark
F- Austin Gearheart
F- Nathaniel Stephens

Junior Varsity

G- Tyler Hall
G- Alex Stumbo
F- Cameron Tincher
F- Cody McCoy
F- Steven Patrick
Without there best player hughes...the blackcats are down this year but probley have the best team in the 58th.....never heard of half these players before...but i think in the end of the year they will be in the hunt for the 58th....
[/INDENT]

Varsity

G- Jody Tackett
G- Jordan Hall
G- Taylor Clark
F- Austin Gearheart
F- Nathaniel Stephens

Junior Varsity

G- Tyler Hall
G- Alex Stumbo
F- Cameron Tincher
F- Cody McCoy
F- Steven Patrick
Michael Burchett will be starting at the three guard and Tackett and Clark will be battling for the point guard spot. The blackcats need Burchett in the line-up to help control the boards and he is a good shooter as well.
Irish#1 Wrote:Michael Burchett will be starting at the three guard and Tackett and Clark will be battling for the point guard spot. The blackcats need Burchett in the line-up to help control the boards and he is a good shooter as well.

I agree, while I was typing that I knew I was forgetting someone.
Pburg's JV is gonna have a lot of depth on their bench. Austin McKinney and Zak Key are both two good forwards, and Brad Stanley and Josh Craynon are both good point guards. Anthony Hallam will be a good 2 man for the team. I'd say the starting line up for pburgs jv will change quite a bit throughout the season

Varsity

G- Jody Tackett
G- Jordan Hall
G- Taylor Clark
F- Austin Gearheart
F- Nathaniel Stephens

Junior Varsity

G- Tyler Hall
G- Alex Stumbo
F- Cameron Tincher
F- Cody McCoy
F- Steven Patrick

Seth Setser will more than likely start on JV in place of McCoy. Zak Key will also be battling for a starting position. Stumbo and Hall will probably get some minutes on varsity also. I look for both teams to be first in the district.
I really like the Stephen Patrick kid. Watched him at the Ac panorama and he was blocking shots all over the court and doing the little things to help get the W. Tough minded player.
in South Floyd's first game they started

Varsity:
Matt Tackett
Wes Akers
Kyle Howell
Kory Henry (now injured)
Coery Paige

JV:
Brandon Marson
Dakota Hall
Shannon Turner
Jonathon Cochran
Raymond Jones

but i think i heard sum 1 say that Coach Hall was movin the Varsity lineup around jsut tryin new things out....not sure and i also heard that there was only 2 jr's that played JV out of like 8
Prestonsburg has by far the best starting lineup in the district, don't know how deep there bench is tho