Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KCC looking for a new coach, after terminating coach Brock hall today.
Wonder why they let him
Go? He seemed to at least have the Patriots competing this past year, anyone have any inside info?
They could hire Bob Spire or Jay Cobb again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Real Badman's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Historically this school has not tried to be good at football.  Basketball was/is the only sport that they have consistently supported.  However, they have hired a couple guys:  Cobb and JPC that could have done a great job.

What needs to happen at KCC to not only attract but KEEP a coach that can build a great football program?
Knott had some talented kids this past year that kept them in most games, if they keep that group and get a coach, plus add some young talent, they could build a program, but i don’t look for the QB to stay, he’s just a sophomore, and I don’t think combs and smith stay either.
Is it true that Chapman’s last season there; he simply didn’t show up on a GAME NIGHT and never came back? I’m not wanting to bash the guy or gossip. I have just heard that and wondered if it was really true. And if so- WHY?
Would be a good job for an entry level coach to build a program.
Wouldn’t surprise me to see Matt Robinson from Perry Central give it a try. He is young and energetic and played College Football. Think he is a teacher at Perry Central.
(01-08-2022, 09:50 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Wouldn’t surprise me to see Matt Robinson from Perry Central give it a try.  He is young and energetic and played College Football.  Think he is a teacher at Perry Central.

Awesome!
(01-08-2022, 09:50 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Wouldn’t surprise me to see Matt Robinson from Perry Central give it a try.  He is young and energetic and played College Football.  Think he is a teacher at Perry Central.
What would he have to work with though?  Not sure that job is a good job for anyone to be honest.
Knott only cares about basketball
(01-08-2022, 09:57 PM)Show-stopper Wrote:
What would he have to work with though?  Not sure that job is a good job for anyone to be honest.

This is the kind of job that IF KCC ever wants to get serious about football…..you go out and make a big splash hire. You set a proven winner up and allow him to have weights and bring in a couple guys with him. Also, you make it clear that if pressure is put on kids NOT to play by other coaches/programs(ie- basketball, so they can be in “open gym” all fall) that those coaches will be fired. Then, you invest in the facilities and go all out with youth football and also hire a competent MS coach. Simply too much history of losing there for a young guy- no matter how hungry to just come in and do it with youth and energy.
(01-08-2022, 10:48 PM)ROTC Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 09:57 PM)Show-stopper Wrote:

This is the kind of job that IF KCC ever wants to get serious about football…..you go out and make a big splash hire.  You set a proven winner up and allow him to have weights and bring in a couple guys with him.  Also, you make it clear that if pressure is put on kids NOT to play by other coaches/programs(ie- basketball, so they can be in “open gym” all fall) that those coaches will be fired.  Then, you invest in the facilities and go all out with youth football and also hire a competent MS coach.  Simply too much history of losing there for a young guy- no matter how hungry to just come in and do it with youth and energy.
But there’s just not enough talent , maybe start a good feeder program, but be a long time to build
Knott isn’t going to put all that money into football. People there just don’t care about it. Basketball is king and always will be.
(01-08-2022, 11:46 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Knott isn’t going to put all that money into football.  People there just don’t care about it.  Basketball is king and always will be.
Agree ?.  Wonder if the new coach can keep the QB and  WR they have
[-] The following 1 user Likes Show-stopper's post:
  • ROTC
Maybe the more mash taters guy can weigh in on this. He should find a spud addicted guy and promise to keep him fed at all times if he comes to KCC.
I look for Larry Maggard to be back as the Head Coach
I heard 8 of their starters were headed to Letcher Central.