Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher 6 ACHS 5
The Rebels had some bright spots in tonights game against LCC. Freshmen Chad Nelson hit his first homerun and he also played a great 2nd base tonight. There are still some positions/players that have me confused- but- I guess we will have to wait and see.

AC will take on Butler tomorrow at 10:00- Good Luck AC- play hard and don't give up.
Who pitched for AC tonight? Is the Conley still catching?
Congrats Letcher. Keep your heads up AC
LCC must have played TERRIBLE!!!! Have been playing solid ball as of late! Who pitched for LCC. Sounds like they couldn't get there bats rolling. But a WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN! CONGRATS COUGARS!
Tubby Hater Wrote:Who pitched for AC tonight? Is the Conley still catching?

Conley is still catching. Hammonds started out on the mound. He pitched through 4innings. Josh Prater came in for the 5th inning, but couldn't get anything going- Scott Little finished innings 5 and 6. LCC was the home team and didn't bat in the 7th inning.

AC still has some weak spots that need fixed.
I thought LCC was supposed to be pretty good?
gotcha2 Wrote:Conley is still catching. Hammonds started out on the mound. He pitched through 4innings. Josh Prater came in for the 5th inning, but couldn't get anything going- Scott Little finished innings 5 and 6. LCC was the home team and didn't bat in the 7th inning.

AC still has some weak spots that need fixed.
I cant see Conley being a strong catcher, that kid has always struggled because he doesnt have much size or strength.
Congrats LCC
Tubby Hater Wrote:I cant see Conley being a strong catcher, that kid has always struggled because he doesnt have much size or strength.

AC will have back to back season with rookie catchers- I would have gone with a younger player behind the plate this season to better prepare for next season. So far Conley is the only player who has seen Varsity time behind the plate this season.
gotcha2 Wrote:AC will have back to back season with rookie catchers- I would have gone with a younger player behind the plate this season to better prepare for next season. So far Conley is the only player who has seen Varsity time behind the plate this season.
Has he threw anybody out all year? Who is teh younger kid behind him. Common sense tells you if you have a senior and an underclassman that are pretty equal then you go with the underclassman.
IMO I beleive Chad Nelson is playing like one of the better freshman in the reigon right now.
[quote=Tubby Hater]Has he threw anybody out all year? Who is teh younger kid behind him. Common sense tells you if you have a senior and an underclassman that are pretty equal then you go with the underclassman.[/quote

Conley has thrown a few out- but his throws are high and looping-he doesn't have a very good release time- the runner doesn't have much trouble beating the throw.

Freshmen Hunter Crowder probably has more experience as catcher than any one on the team. He spent the biggest part of little league and junior league behind the plate. He is currently starting at 3rd base for AC.
what next Wrote:I thought LCC was supposed to be pretty good?

LCC is a very good team but played HORRIBLE at the tiger classic LCC should have 10 runned AC in five! They also could've easily played with/beat Louisville Butler minus the SEVEN Erorrs!
what next Wrote:I thought LCC was supposed to be pretty good?

LCC is good this year. They have played pretty solid ball all year, But in Thursdays games against Louisville Butler and Allen Central, the cougars didnt seem to be awake.

They just didnt come to play.

And had 7 errors on the day i believe.
Congrats LCC
Just a bad COUGAR day, but I'm sure
Coach Dean will have his gang readjusted and
ready to PLAY BALL with Hazard on Monday.
Cougar Pride Wrote:LCC is a very good team but played HORRIBLE at the tiger classic LCC should have 10 runned AC in five! They also could've easily played with/beat Louisville Butler minus the SEVEN Erorrs!

From what I saw, Errors killed LCC in the Butler game. It still would have been hard for LCC to beat Butler. They had a terrific pitcher on the mound, but the score would have been much closer and you never know what might happen with the pressure of a close game. But they didn't make any errors in the AC game. They actually played very good defensively during this matchup and made many spectacular defensive plays. They didn't hit the ball very well though, but AC pitching helped them out early on with some walks. However when Little came in, LCC didn't look too comfortable at the plate. So, to say that LCC should have 10 runned AC in five is a big overstatement. If Little could have pitched the whole game, the score may have been 5-0 AC, judging by the way the last 2 innings went.

Nonetheless, Congrats to LCC on the win. Coach Dean is doing a great job over there. Hope they keep him around.

Keep your heads up AC! There were some bright spots in this game.
gotcha2 Wrote:AC will have back to back season with rookie catchers- I would have gone with a younger player behind the plate this season to better prepare for next season. So far Conley is the only player who has seen Varsity time behind the plate this season.
Conley is the best player on the team at that position...I think Wes Crager is going to come back out for the rebels next year for his senior season...he has quiet a bit of experience behind the plate, and a good strong arm.
Congrats LCC.