Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI Document Lists Some Big Time Schools & Players
Here is a link to an article discussing the FBI document.

https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-feder...38484.html
Last week in an ESPN interview with North Carolina Coach Roy Williams, he stated he was very confident his program wouldn't be implicated in the investigation.

Confusednicker:
If we're going down, I hope Duke, UNC, and Kansas go down with us.
It's going to get ugly in college sports. And most of this might be stuff initiated by assistant coaches but Tom Izzo sat down with Andy Miller and has players in the investigation. Not a good look for him. But not just them it is so many schools that are going to get hit it's just crazy. Even though you know they do stuff to get players I never thought that it would go this far. But I hope they clean house and get things straightened out in all college sports because this happens in football as much or more than basketball. So with this I am going to venture and say it ends up hitting football before they are done. And Westside I'm not holding my breath on UNC getting in trouble. Apparently they know people and are good at getting out of tough spots.
Knew it was coming with Kentucky. Will Knox play any more this season? I would not play him.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/...spartandhp

Here's more information.

Every team listed will get sanctions except for North Carolina.
Ok, there are something like 50 teams implicated if I am not mistaken. Will the NCAA even have a tournament once the sanctions are handed down? If they do have a tournament will anyone even watch or attend? There comes a point where the NCAA has to realize they are nothing without these teams. They will be biting the hand that feeds them. I'm not condoning what these players did or condemning what these players did because I don't know enough to comment. I do know there has been a lot of hypocrisy with the NCAA in the past. Regardless, it's going to be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
Yes it will! But I think it will, once again, prove that money talks and BS walks.
What do you do when agents are giving "loans" to players and no one at the schools are involved or knew about it. You can't suspend players who are not there anymore and it is not fair to punish people who had nothing to do with it.
These kids should no better than to except things from a stranger. "Hey I cant take that money, I really dont know you" - No Way a Coach can over see everything!
sstack Wrote:What do you do when agents are giving "loans" to players and no one at the schools are involved or knew about it. You can't suspend players who are not there anymore and it is not fair to punish people who had nothing to do with it.

This is the worst situation in sports in my opinion.

This isnt louisville staff hiring strippers for sex with minors.

This is a kid who took money from an agent before he came to UK amd nobody at UK knew about it. Said player isnt with team anymore and isnt fair to current players.

I think retroactively taking away wins is about the only thing you can do.

I will say this.....screw Bam and his family for putting UK in tfhat situation. Thats a dick move and make UK look like lville.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:If we're going down, I hope Duke, UNC, and Kansas go down with us.

I would laugh and laugh and laugh some more if they'd bust Coach K :biggrin:
SportsFan67 Wrote:It's going to get ugly in college sports. And most of this might be stuff initiated by assistant coaches but Tom Izzo sat down with Andy Miller and has players in the investigation. Not a good look for him. But not just them it is so many schools that are going to get hit it's just crazy. Even though you know they do stuff to get players I never thought that it would go this far. But I hope they clean house and get things straightened out in all college sports because this happens in football as much or more than basketball. So with this I am going to venture and say it ends up hitting football before they are done. And Westside I'm not holding my breath on UNC getting in trouble. Apparently they know people and are good at getting out of tough spots.

Get rid of NCAA while cleaning house :biggrin:
pjdoug that would be fine with me. They are nothing but hypocrits anyways and will punish one school and let others walk. I could for sure get on board with getting rid of the ncaa.
pjdoug Wrote:Get rid of NCAA while cleaning house :biggrin:
JP that might be the smartest thing you ever said.
The University of Arizona basketball job just may be open and soon.

According to a report by ESPN’s Mark Schlabach, the FBI has a wiretap of Arizona head coach Sean Miller discussing a $100,000 payment to secure then-5-star recruit DeAndre Ayton. This is truly bad news for Miller.

Here’s a snippet from ESPN’s report:

FBI wiretaps intercepted telephone conversations between Arizona coach Sean Miller and Christian Dawkins, a key figure in the FBI’s investigation into college basketball corruption, in which Miller discussed paying $100,000 to ensure star freshman Deandre Ayton signed with the Wildcats, sources familiar with the government’s evidence told ESPN.

It all but appeared that Ayton was down to Kansas and Kentucky, and then, out of the blue, the high school star chose Arizona. It appears now we know why.

Arizona has looked like a national championship contender this season, but this may certainly change things.

Earlier Friday, Yahoo! Sports released a blockbuster report on several big-time college basketball players and programs. Specifically in the SEC, Kentucky, Alabama, South Carolina, LSU, and Vanderbilt were all named.

The FBI’s investigation into college basketball could claim its second coaching victim in Miller. Former Louisville coach Rick Pitino was the first.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-fo...dre-ayton/
Sean Miller is G-O-N-E. This whole case is just going to continue to grow as more stuff comes out.