Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie 2017
Thoughts on this team?
Anyone have anything?
I know that when they came to Betsy Layne last year and played us they had a bus full of juniors and seniors and then a bus full of freshman and sophomores. That is about all I know about them which is not a lot. lol

But I found it wild that they had that many players as a 2A school. We talked to the coach and he said they had around 80 kids on their roster.
80 is solid.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:80 is solid.

Especially in a 2A program!
This many kids out is a reflection of your coaching staff and they do a great job. Coach Melton and the Eagles will be a hard out this year if the injury bug stays away. Leslie County returns 2 of the best lineman in the area in Maggard and Mitchell, a heck of a tight end in Dixon. The starting running back and qb will have to get over last years injuries. The Smith kid is a heck of a running back but was injured all season, the key will be if qb Darren Whitaker is back and healthy ( got hurt in the Whitley game last year and missed the rest of the year ) he has a great arm and is a fierce competitor.
Injuries was a blessing in disguise last year as it allowed a lot of kids to get a ton of experience..
Leslie will be an experienced team on offense, returning most of the offense from last season.. Getting Whitaker and Tatan Smith back and keeping them healthy are big keys for this team.

On defense, Leslie will be young, but very aggressive.. It'll take a few games to get the bugs worked out as far as assignments, but will be very aggressive tackling and hitting.. Also got some new faces and the freshman class is loaded..
Eagles will be a tough out this year.
Does anyone know what their schedule is?
I know the opponents, just not the order or home/away....
Pineville, Knott, Williamsburg, Whitley, Breathitt, Hazard, Betsy Lane, Shelby Valley, East ridge, and Prestonsburg..
Glad to see hazard on that schedule. Gives Leslie 3 games that are toss ups. I think Leslie wins the other 7 fairly easy..
If they had kept everyone healthy last year they probably could've beat Danville and kept on advancing. To my knowledge they lose 20+ seniors and a lot on defense. But they return the majority of the offense and have a lot that got experience last year due to the injuries. I think this team wins at least 7-8 games maybe more in the regular season and wins the district again.
I'm missing two games from their schedule. Anyone know who they're playing?

LESLIE COUNTY
8/18/2017
8/25/2017
9/1/2017 H WILLIAMSBURG
9/8/2017 H WHITLEY COUNTY
9/15/2017 A BREATHITT COUNTY
9/22/2017 H EAST RIDGE
9/29/2017 A PRESTONSBURG
10/6/2017 H BETSY LAYNE
10/13/2017 A SHELBY VALLEY
10/20/2017 A HAZARD
10/27/2017
Pineville, Knott
What are the dates. And by the way, according to Riherds, Knott County's schedule doesn't include Leslie County.
Leslie County football program is on the rise again.. Thank you coaching staff :Cheerlead
coach melton is One of the Best around . I witnessed them get Beat by Mccreary not long ago and from the Bottom they have built this Thing up again like when I was There long ago . Good Luck to Leslie !!!!!
Coach Melton and Staff, has done a great job. Eagles are a Contender from the East. Good Luck !!!
Go Eagles!
Leslie County eagles should win district easy this year, Go Eagles :Cheerlead :Cheerlead.:Cheerlead
Would love to see Leslie County and Hazard lock horns.
Leslie should have good running game. one of there best running back was out for most of the season last year. The defense should be soild.
if Leslie Stay Healthy they will Make a deep Run! They Have several Good Players!
Wrangler Wrote:if Leslie Stay Healthy they will Make a deep Run! They Have several Good Players!

We talk in football or a woman? I'm a player, and I can give it to Leslie deep wether she is healthy or not I don't care.