Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin vs Sheldon Clark 12-22-16
Any thoughts on this game. I think hornets by 10
Cards by 12
Does anyone know what Dylan James status is for this game? I saw where he was out the last game. He's a big time player in the 15th
Also was wondering what happened to the freshmen from Magoffin last year- Whitaker. He looked like he was a pretty good shooter for them. I don't know any of the details but I have noticed he hasn't played this season according to khsaa. Do you know hornet dad?
Mister D Wrote:Also was wondering what happened to the freshmen from Magoffin last year- Whitaker. He looked like he was a pretty good shooter for them. I don't know any of the details but I have noticed he hasn't played this season according to khsaa. Do you know hornet dad?

I'm not really sure. I was told he wanted to take a year off.
Hornet dad Wrote:I'm not really sure. I was told he wanted to take a year off.

Really take a year off when your team could possibly win the region.

That may cost them the region imo
Sheldon Clark won 70-58
Good win for Sheldon clark! They are big time contenders for the 15th region and have plenty of weapons to stop teams from keying completely on Dylan James. Not having Whitakers outside shooting will hurt Magoffin. He helped space the court for Russell and Lovely to drive more. But we don't know his situation so taking the year off may be the best thing for him. Magoffin will just need someone else to step up.
Hornet dad Wrote:I'm not really sure. I was told he wanted to take a year off.

He and another player have both let this year team down and virtually destroyed what should have been great year. I doubt either will play basketball again. Once you quit the desire to play and loss of routine is hard to get back. Today's kids just don't have desire to be part of team and want instant success are not not willing to wait their turn.

Rice kid at Central great example of player accepting his role, everyone thinks he should get more shots, but that is not going to happen. However, he still competes hard and helps his team win and his time will come next year when team will be his.
In response to where you asking why take a year off...
He was threatened by the head coach and was truly hurt by the coaches actions. That is why he took the year off.