Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County Hornets
What do you think about MC's atart to the season? Are they a contender or pretender for the 57th district and 15 reigion championships?
I'll say pretender, mainly because of the competition in that district. If they were in any other district this season they might be more able to make region. But I don't think they've proved anything yet.

Taking double OT to beat Betsy Layne wasn't really impressive considering SV beat them by 30.
Pretender. They will have to work to even get to the district championship game.
Contendor, they have improved alot & will make it to region
They almost made it last year, so im gonna say contender!!!
I'm gonna say contender. My reasons being they have some talented players and Magoffin County always plays with more heart then any team they face, always.
I believe it is hard to determine yet. Get through some tough games in December and I'll let you know. That being said, the region is always wide open - year in and year out.
Good team with alot of heart but Coach west needs that signature win in March.....He almost got it last year against Paintsville...Good luck Magoffin.
I agree Nike Man. Coach west needs a signature win!!!
I want to say contender but I have to go with pretender because until they prove they can beat the big boys they will always be the underdog. I do think they have a better chance of making it to the region this year because JC can't guard a big man and Magoffin has a great one. If things hold to form it would be Paintsville vs. the SC, LC winner, and JC vs MC in the district tourney, but we have a long way to go before then. Can't wait to see how things pan out.
Sounds great eaglehoops!
I will say Magoffin is a contender. Magoffin proved in my eyes last year that they were a contender and if a walk was called at the end of the game last year against Paintsville, MC would have been in the 15th Reigion Tournament (not putting down Paintsville who was a great team last year). They did lose the offense of Wes Helton and the Defense of Brandon Shepherd, but Tyler Hunley, Devin Rice, and Eric Arnett have the experience to lead Magoffin through the season and into district play. I predict 7 wins in the district this year will get you the top seed in the tournament and Magoffin, Johnson Central and Paintsville will be the top three spots. Its going to be a long season and anything can happen. Good Luck to the Hornets and the rest of the teams in the 57th District.
We will see how good they are Saturday when they play June Buchanan.
mcfan1 Wrote:We will see how good they are Saturday when they play June Buchanan.

Yes we will, JBS is very athletic and would be a HUGE win for MC, I hope they can pull it off. What time is that game saturday mcfan?
I think Magoffin plays at 11:30
57thScarlett Wrote:I think Magoffin plays at 11:30
its at 11:00 scarlett
You Magoffin Countians have alot goin on in Pikeville this saturday then. You got your boys team playin at 11 and then you got Calloray playin at Pikeville College at 2.
I think that after saturday it will show if they are pretenders or contenders considering that by sportsovertime had JBS #1 in their region.
Redneck Wrote:You Magoffin Countians have alot goin on in Pikeville this saturday then. You got your boys team playin at 11 and then you got Calloray playin at Pikeville College at 2.
i am gonna got to both if possible
The Fan Wrote:i am gonna got to both if possible
Then the MC girls play at Paintsville at 4:30, busy day.
I'm gonna say a contender is they work hard like they have been and keep playing team ball. If they shy away from whats creating their good season so far by doing to much one on one and hoggish shooting then they won't stand a chance. But if they can keep it together up to and into march i will say contender!
Good luck MC!
Im going to say Contendor, if they keep playin as good as the last few games.
Its 2 hard to determine yet, but if I have to say then it would contendor
They have the talent and ability to contend.
I know of 2 district games they will win. (Sheldon Clark)
I believe they will be good...They work hard and play harder