Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has played strongest schedule in 3A
It's def not bourbon county. Every team but maybe 2 they have played has a negative record.
I'd say belfry or pike central.
Central

Absoloutly no question.
Theres no team even remotely close.
Central
PT early
Belfry
According to calpreps, Paducah Tilghman has played the strongest schedule, which I'd have to agree; not by much, but by a hair.

Non district of McCracken, Mayfield, Graves County, Evansville Reitz, Highlands, Henderson County and Madisonville puts them over the top IMO.
Here is the remaining teams' opponents records. This includes playoff games:
#1-Paducah Tilghman-(87-54)
#2-Pike Central-(71-54)
#3-Belfry-(70-54)
#4-Central-(60-75)
#5-South Warren-(58-76)
#6-Mason County-(56-76
#6-Bourbon County-(56-77)
#8-Wayne County-(48-74)
(*-I ranked teams solely based on the records)
Unreliable method IMO .
Have to say honestly
Tilghman then Central
I had forgot about Tilghman.
Tilghman and Central are light years away from the rest of the state IMO.
Well "gut" south warren and bourbon county, & belfry (needless to say ) look very very impressive on paper , saying this with no actual knowledge of SW & BC.
^
Top heavy.
The non district games of Tilghman and Central are better than a lot of 4A and 5A teams. Heck, even some 6A teams.
South warrens defensive efforts this year would be impressive playing against air , lol
While Belfry's schedule doesn't rank anywhere near PT or Central's, we've played a lot better of a schedule this year IMO than the last two years. It didn't end up as good as we'd hoped, but I think it was still a pretty good regular season schedule.
Central plays the toughest schedule in 3A year in and year out.
Belfry, you guys just really need to make a better effort and not turning over the ball this year. I just watched the state game from last year. The first 2 drive for the Pirates ended on their own side with fumbles and you lost a close one. Correct those problems and you should fair much better.
Central's SOS is actually a little down this year and I give PT the edge. Central still has a whale of a schedule.. but not having Male on it..coupled with PRP and St. X being a little down.. and I like PT's a little better.

Central has zero teams that are still alive and playing... Tilghman has 3 teams left including two that are favorites in their class to win the State Title (Mayfield and Highlands)

Belfry is a firm 3rd... Belfry on the high end doesn't have any eye openers.. and arguably their two best opponents are both eliminated (Harlan Co and JC) ... but they do still have 4 teams they defeated who are still playing football (CAK, Pike Central, Somerset, and Pikeville)

After those three the drop off is pretty steep in terms of SOS of the remaining teams. Ft. Campbell played a tough schedule but they are sitting at home.
MCMiner247 Wrote:Here is the remaining teams' opponents records. This includes playoff games:
#1-Paducah Tilghman-(87-54)
#2-Pike Central-(71-54)
#3-Belfry-(70-54)
#4-Central-(60-75)
#5-South Warren-(58-76)
#6-Mason County-(56-76
#6-Bourbon County-(56-77)
#8-Wayne County-(48-74)
(*-I ranked teams solely based on the records)

Even tho this may not show the Best team in 3A its good research...nice thanks for putting in the effort
Belfry_ Wrote:It's def not bourbon county. Every team but maybe 2 they have played has a negative record.

Bourbon has played 5 teams with a winning record, thanks for your concern though!

You should be worried about PCC, not Bourbon County.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Central's SOS is actually a little down this year and I give PT the edge. Central still has a whale of a schedule.. but not having Male on it..coupled with PRP and St. X being a little down.. and I like PT's a little better.

Central has zero teams that are still alive and playing... Tilghman has 3 teams left including two that are favorites in their class to win the State Title (Mayfield and Highlands)

Belfry is a firm 3rd... Belfry on the high end doesn't have any eye openers.. and arguably their two best opponents are both eliminated (Harlan Co and JC) ... but they do still have 4 teams they defeated who are still playing football (CAK, Pike Central, Somerset, and Pikeville)

After those three the drop off is pretty steep in terms of SOS of the remaining teams. Ft. Campbell played a tough schedule but they are sitting at home.

Its all good to look at schedule, but what good does it do if those teams are getting bashed?
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Its all good to look at schedule, but what good does it do if those teams are getting bashed?

If thats the case, you are all wrong and Southwestern played the hardest schedule in 3A. Hands down ...

Southwestern is 5A FWIW
You are correct and I did edit that for you, actually within about 3 seconds of writing it! Good Timing!
Lou Central no other ones is close.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Southwestern is 5A FWIW

To that point though, Southwestern played an extremely tough schedule and played most of their tougher opponents very closely (Corbin, Belfry, Somerset, North Laurel) but they lost to a sub par Lincoln County team, and a very weak Knox Central. So if the theory is these tough schedules prepare teams for conference play and the playoffs, are they the exception?
mysonis55 Wrote:Belfry, you guys just really need to make a better effort and not turning over the ball this year. I just watched the state game from last year. The first 2 drive for the Pirates ended on their own side with fumbles and you lost a close one. Correct those problems and you should fair much better.

Unfortunately....that's been the bug a boo for Belfry teams in general. While their style of offense lends to more fumbles...sadly, many thru the past several years have come from plain carelessness.
Traditionally Louisville central however this year I would have to say tilghman. Watching film on them really surprised me. They are very talented and I would not be surprised if they win this year. A highly talented yet underestimated team is always dangerous. I'm not much on comparison but just take a glance at the losses they received. With the exception of highlands all of them were all in a touchdown radius.
Fundamentals Wrote:Traditionally Louisville central however this year I would have to say tilghman. Watching film on them really surprised me. They are very talented and I would not be surprised if they win this year. A highly talented yet underestimated team is always dangerous. I'm not much on comparison but just take a glance at the losses they received. With the exception of highlands all of them were all in a touchdown radius.

Don't let that final score fool you. They were in that Highlands game all day long. I heard a couple of "Well, it was the long trip," excuses, but most of the fans said that Tilghman was pretty tough.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
The Highlands game was a watershed loss for PT because it clearly exposed a particular defensive weakness that has since been resolved. That's what playing better teams does and I think it has paid dividends in the long run.
PT and Central.
I think PT should be the best 3a team in the state. That is as long as they play with discipline. That is the key for them. An abundance of talent at every spot. They just gotta keep their heads screwed on straight.
PT
Central
Belfry
Pike Central
The teams in Louisville that Central beat is better than three fourths the teams all the rest has played.