Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Johnson Central handle Belfry's offense
Gonna be a battle.
The real question should be, will Belfry choke in the state finals once again?
Yes.

Good lord the lack of patience with some of these threads recently.
^
I guess there not worried about Ashland and Pike Central Confusednicker:
Too early to tell. Belfry has speed and I think we all should hold judgement on the Eagles until we see how JC handles Baker. I do not think they will completely shut down Belfry and it very well be a game that comes down to who has the ball last.
WideRight05 Wrote:The real question should be, will Belfry choke in the state finals once again?

It's getting pretty bad around here. You're in just about every thread being an ass. Why? I know you got your little funny funny thing going on, but man that gets old. I'm starting to dislike scrolling through the posts.
I do not like either team but JC will have a running clock on Belfry!!!!!!
Somebody is anxious for this game.

Idk why though. question should be can belfry handle Johnson centrals offense, defense, and special teams.
I believe this Belfry team has a lot of youth and they have shown some weaknesses this year, even if some of the Belfry fans will never admit it lol.
I believe a team with a real strong run game and just a little balance can expose the Belfry defense. This sucks for Belfry because I think Johnson Central has the strongest run game in the mountains this year. I got to see the Harlan County and Johnson Central game, just ask Granny Bear because I got to sit with her and a lot of the Harlan fans said that JC was better then Belfry.
I know one thing for sure and it is that Belfry will not stop JC from running the ball with that #11 kid. Just like Belfry, I don't think Centrals schedule has turned out as strong as it looked at the start of the season and I don't think they have played a team yet good enough to even come close to beating em so we don't know just how good the defense is. I think Belfry and all the mountains are going to find out just how big of a weapon it is to have a kid who can kick it like JC has. You will need to go the full distance of the field every time you get the ball and that is a hard thing to do on a team like Central and if you get across the 50 you are going to get 3 at the least. When you have two good close teams then little things like that are difference makers. With all that said I think Johnson Central is at the level that Belfry was last year if not just a little better and I don't think this game will be as close as some think.

I say Johnson Central-41

Belfry-21

If this game is close then the special teams of Johnson Central will be the difference, but I don't think it will be close enough to even matter
Yes JC can...

JC may not even have to worry about stopping the Pirate offense. Belfry has proven to do a pretty good job of stopping themselves with ill-advised procedure penalties, dropped passes, and general brain farts in execution.

The difference right now is JC has a good shot at limiting Belfry's offensive point production... but as of right now I don't think Belfry can do the same to JC.

Belfry needs to focus on curing the small things this week going into PC before they can even worry about JC. When you are taking a team's best shot every week a key penalty, dropped pass, or busted play could be the difference in taking 7 points off the board.
The question is... Can Belfry's defense handle Belcher and company?
I would love to hang my hat on an undefeated season with a state title, however there is a superstitious part of me that hates teams going into the playoffs undefeated. I am a huge fan of a late season loss to help teams get their heads straight.

Here is what I see of this Belfry team:

- They are better than expected at this point in the year. I think most expected 2 - 4 losses on the season.
- The offense is amazing when on all cylinders, however penalties have limited just how much that is shown.
- The D is getting better, they bend but don't break. This is not a problem (yet) if the Offense can get it's laundry off the field they control the tempo of the game and limit opposing teams shots.
- All said and done this team could be one of the Top 3 Belfry squads in the last decade. For that to ring true they have to come together in true Belfry fashion in the next 3 - 4 weeks. Sorry LC fans the team you met friday night will not be the same one you will likely see in the Playoffs.

Massey Matchups calls this game:
JCHS - 35
BHS - 31

I think that if Belfry still has the penalty bug and can't sustain drives then we are looking at a:

JCHS - 48
BHS - 28

That being said if the Pirates show up in true late season form then we could have a game as good as the Ashland win a few years ago.
adopted purple Wrote:It's getting pretty bad around here. You're in just about every thread being an ass. Why? I know you got your little funny funny thing going on, but man that gets old. I'm starting to dislike scrolling through the posts.

All I did is ask a question. Everything I post on here is either a question or fact. Can't deal with it? Tough.

I'm not the one who started this thread asking if Johnson Central could handle Belfry's offense.
If they're looking ahead to Johnson central, the pirates will find themselves in a battle on buckleys creek Friday night!
AtlPirateFan Wrote:I would love to hang my hat on an undefeated season with a state title, however there is a superstitious part of me that hates teams going into the playoffs undefeated. I am a huge fan of a late season loss to help teams get their heads straight.

Here is what I see of this Belfry team:

- They are better than expected at this point in the year. I think most expected 2 - 4 losses on the season.
- The offense is amazing when on all cylinders, however penalties have limited just how much that is shown.
- The D is getting better, they bend but don't break. This is not a problem (yet) if the Offense can get it's laundry off the field they control the tempo of the game and limit opposing teams shots.
- All said and done this team could be one of the Top 3 Belfry squads in the last decade. For that to ring true they have to come together in true Belfry fashion in the next 3 - 4 weeks. Sorry LC fans the team you met friday night will not be the same one you will likely see in the Playoffs.

Massey Matchups calls this game:
JCHS - 35
BHS - 31

I think that if Belfry still has the penalty bug and can't sustain drives then we are looking at a:

JCHS - 48
BHS - 28

That being said if the Pirates show up in true late season form then we could have a game as good as the Ashland win a few years ago.

Have you even seen them play?

They aren't even near being one of the top 3 Belfry teams this past decade and probably wouldn't be Top 10 in the last 20 years.

Fumbles, penalties, dropped TD passes and a shit ton of missed tackles is what I see every Friday. Fortunately, we've been better than the team across from us up to this point.
Belfry_ Wrote:Gonna be a battle.

Good question Belfry. I sincerely hope that is exactly what’s on Central’s mind right now.
^ Some of these people think Belfry 13' is better than 12'. I don't get it.
If belfry has trouble stopping the run then its going to be a long night. Their defense better be on their A game. As for jc, if they come into the game expecting to have anything give to them they have another thing coming. If this game was being played at central id say jc wins by a couple. This game gives belfry home field advantage and the opportunity to finish regular season undefeated. Great ball game jc wins 31-24
To say JC will kill belfry who has JC played honestly nobody at all. They killed Harlan that bad cause they fumbled 4 times In the first quarter and the reason it was 21-12 in the Harlan game with belfry is we dropped 3 td passes so it could have went the same way. We will see next week and I love LC FANS STILL TALKING CRAP GET OVER IT YOU ALL ARE BUMS WE WILL BEAT YALL AGAIN BY 20+ that's nothing to be proud of
Leonidas Wrote:Have you even seen them play?

They aren't even near being one of the top 3 Belfry teams this past decade and probably wouldn't be Top 10 in the last 20 years.

Fumbles, penalties, dropped TD passes and a shit ton of missed tackles is what I see every Friday. Fortunately, we've been better than the team across from us up to this point.

I have seen them play live 116 straight games home and away and your comparisons really aren't fair considering you include 2003, 04 and 07 in your list lol. 2008 would be better too even though 13 is deeper in the backfield IMO. They are better than 05, 06, 09, 10 and potentially as good and 11 and 12 IMO. With that being said it is really hard to judge because of the injuries. It would be hard to ask any good team to beat most decent teams without your top two rushers and your two starting safeties and a really good young lineman and one of your best all-purpose reserves (Willis) and somehow despite all the mistakes, which I totally agree have happened, they find ways to win. That is a reflection on coaching, depth, and talent and the ability to make adjustments quarter to quarter and half to half. This book is still not finished and if this team gets healthy I think it will have a real good ending to it. But they do have to get better no doubt. As far as the JC game it is simple. You must tackle when given the chance. You do that and capitalize offensively and you have a shot at keeping it close and possibly winning. Failure to shore up the little things like you mentioned would mean a solid JC victory, probably 2-3 TDs minimum. One other thing I would point out that may eventually give the edge to teams in 11 and 12, and to me this has yet to be determined if this edition is better than those, is the play of the middle linebackers compared to what we got used to these last two years.
WideRight05 Wrote:The real question should be, will Belfry choke in the state finals once again?
I love the fact that you cant stop talking about Belfry. Love us or hate us, you cant stop talking.
Can Belfry handle Johnson Cent. Johnson Cent may be the best team in Eastern Kentucky and will be out of the playoffs in week 3 probably. Belfry only challange is Bourbon County in the East. I say Johnson Cent by 7+ next weekend.
Leonidas Wrote:Have you even seen them play?

I have seen them play and they have some mighty big shadows over them form 03, 04, 07, 08, 11 and 12. What you have to remember is all those teams had things they had to work on as the season progressed too. The key to my statement was that once was all said and done they "could be" one of top 3 BHS teams of the last decade.

They may not surpass any of those teams mentioned above when it's all over but how they perform here on out will dictate how this team is discussed after the final whistle is blown. All I am saying is they have the potential to be. A bad loss to JC and not putting PC away with authority and they will likely fall on the back end of that list. But tell me that if they bring home the hardware and send Johnson Central home with a loss that we don't have to consider where they stand in the pantheon of great Pirate teams? Because I think they have the talent and potential to do just that "if" they elevate their game to the next level that Belfry football usually reaches at this point in the season.
I can see a 21-14 type score for the game. Its pretty much a toss up. Do I think JC can stop Belfrys offense? Depends on what you consider stopping them? Belfry is going to get 2,3,4, and 5 against about anyone every play. They are just that good at doing what they do. If Belfry is 100% this year against JC, then I see know reason why they cant beat JC. Same goes for JC. Should be a heck of a game. I can hear a bluebird chirping in the far off distance heading toward Johnson County. Will JC beat them this year or choke?