Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Co. 41 - Somerset 13
So, Danville and Boyle shouldn't play?
No excuses Pulaski won and won handily.

It is the Maroons first victory over Somerset after losing the last two in a row to Somerset.

This Pulaski team appears to be very good and if they stay balanced in their offensive approach they have a chance to run the regular season table undefeated.
I guess Somerset should just quit inviting the 5a schools to their bowl game. That way they can schedule a team in their class. It is obvious Somerset is not in the same class as Pulaski. That showed Friday.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I completely agree with this. I don't see a point in a competitive team playing a much smaller school when you have plenty of schools your size or even bigger to play and see what you have. I can see maybe going one class down but that is about it. Now if your program is struggling and you need some confidence then I have no problem with it.

I think people are completely missing the fact that this is a rivalry game! I can understand your argument if Pulaski played a school like Lynn Camp, Pineville, or some other random small school but, this is a rivalry and a tradition!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Where was all this big school shouldn't be playing small school crap when Somerset played East Jessamine, Southwestern, Perry Co Central, and Whitley County last season?!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congratulations to Pulaski. Somerset has a great coaching staff, they will regroup and refocus the kids. No need to push the panic button. This Pulaski group won a state title in middle school a few years ago, they are good. Somerset will work hard and get it together, they will be fine. One game does not define a whole season. Best wishes to Somerset and Pulaski Co.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Where was all this big school shouldn't be playing small school crap when Somerset played East Jessamine, Southwestern, Perry Co Central, and Whitley County last season?!

It's not coming from the Somerset fans. In the past 10 years we have played Pulaski, Southwestern, East and West Jessamine, Perry Central, Whitley County, Knox Central, Harlan County, Russell County, Franklin County, and Warren East. It's not like there are a lot of schools our size in this end of the state anyways. We like playing bigger schools, we just don't like getting destroyed by them, especially when they are our cross-town rival.

I could care less about the classification of Pulaski County or Southwestern. We should play them because they are our cross-town rivals and because playing each other makes football as a whole in the area better. No excuses from me, Pulaski is great this year. Even when Pulaski was really tough at the end of the 2000's I don't ever remember seeing a Pulaski team that just flat out was more physical than a Somerset team, but that was definitely the case Friday night. If Pulaski can keep the fire and determination they had on Friday going throughout the season then they have a legitimate chance to make it out of their region and possibly advance to Bowling Green, because they definitely have the horses.

That said, this Somerset team may have been a little overhyped in the preseason. Not discrediting Pulaski's win as it could have been much worse, just stating facts. If they don't get things worked out on the line it could be a long season. I was impressed with the play of Hatcher at QB. Also, I love the tenacity of the freshman Doan at RB. We couldn't run the ball worth a lick on Friday, but it wasn't for lack of effort on his part. He is going to be a special player before it's all said and done.
RoShamBo Wrote:It's not coming from the Somerset fans. In the past 10 years we have played Pulaski, Southwestern, East and West Jessamine, Perry Central, Whitley County, Knox Central, Harlan County, Russell County, Franklin County, and Warren East. It's not like there are a lot of schools our size in this end of the state anyways. We like playing bigger schools, we just don't like getting destroyed by them, especially when they are our cross-town rival.

I could care less about the classification of Pulaski County or Southwestern. We should play them because they are our cross-town rivals and because playing each other makes football as a whole in the area better. No excuses from me, Pulaski is great this year. Even when Pulaski was really tough at the end of the 2000's I don't ever remember seeing a Pulaski team that just flat out was more physical than a Somerset team, but that was definitely the case Friday night. If Pulaski can keep the fire and determination they had on Friday going throughout the season then they have a legitimate chance to make it out of their region and possibly advance to Bowling Green, because they definitely have the horses.

That said, this Somerset team may have been a little overhyped in the preseason. Not discrediting Pulaski's win as it could have been much worse, just stating facts. If they don't get things worked out on the line it could be a long season. I was impressed with the play of Hatcher at QB. Also, I love the tenacity of the freshman Doan at RB. We couldn't run the ball worth a lick on Friday, but it wasn't for lack of effort on his part. He is going to be a special player before it's all said and done.

Yeah, I don't really know why it was being brought up by anyone. Anybody who knows anything about EKY football should now that its a huge cross town rivalry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doan will be a special player, Somerset will get better. The Sun did come up on Sat. Sunday and Monday. PC was just better Friday Night!!!!
wiseguy85 Wrote:I guess Somerset should just quit inviting the 5a schools to their bowl game. That way they can schedule a team in their class. It is obvious Somerset is not in the same class as Pulaski. That showed Friday.

New money. Spend it wisely.
RoShamBo Wrote:It's not coming from the Somerset fans. In the past 10 years we have played Pulaski, Southwestern, East and West Jessamine, Perry Central, Whitley County, Knox Central, Harlan County, Russell County, Franklin County, and Warren East. It's not like there are a lot of schools our size in this end of the state anyways. We like playing bigger schools, we just don't like getting destroyed by them, especially when they are our cross-town rival.

Well said.
Pulaski County also won the JV game last night 46-0. The maroons JV team consist of mostly freshman.
we had 29 rushing yards against PC!! DOAN IS SPECIAL!! Give #2 McWilliams the Football more if we want more rushing yards!!! Enough said!!!
[quote=d-fence]we had 29 rushing yards against PC!! DOAN IS SPECIAL!! Give #2 McWilliams the Football more if we want more rushing yards!!! Enough said!!![/QUOTE

LMFAO!!!!!! Sounds like a McWilliams family member. Put your name to it if your going to insult another player.,, you are pathetic!!! Pm me please!!!'
d-fence Wrote:we had 29 rushing yards against PC!! DOAN IS SPECIAL!! Give #2 McWilliams the Football more if we want more rushing yards!!! Enough said!!!

Until the Jumpers' offensive line improves, it really doesn't matter who carries the ball. Patience. Plenty of time to second-guess the coaches as the season moves forward.
d-fence Wrote:we had 29 rushing yards against PC!! DOAN IS SPECIAL!! Give #2 McWilliams the Football more if we want more rushing yards!!! Enough said!!!

Oh my!!! This is the worst thing that needs to be happening, lets keeps the peace and rally around the team and watch them have a great year. :HitWall:
In a rivaly game when one teams hands it to another like PC did SHS, the last thing the Jumpers need is fans, bickering on a message about. Come on Jumper Fans, your better than this. Support this team, these kids need you now!
Now that the dust has settled, ill give an honest opinion on why i picked PC the way i did, and why i was one of the very few who picked PC, and picked them big over Somerset.

It has nothing to do with numbers. Peronally, i hate bigger schools playing smaller schools UNLESS its
A. A rivalry within the town or county.
B. Your playing a traditional powerhouse.
This is because bigger teams have nothing to gain from playing smaller schools in the terms of winning. Why? Because there suppose to. Its okay for smaller schools to brag about winning against a bigger schools, but when the bigger schools win, "they're suppose to".

Now to the game.

What i seen in Somerset and PC over the past couple of years led me to believe this was going to happen. Ive had the pleasure of watching both teams play one several occasions over the past few years. Somerset in the regular season and PC in the playoffs. I honestly though Somersets would be much better the past couple of years then they would this year. I also honestly thought this would be the year PC started to take off. I was so impressed with the young QB for PC last year that i told several people that he would be the next big thing out of all of Pulaski County as long as Hines set him up for it, and i believe he has. Hatcher at Somerset is also a really good QB, but i think its going to take Somerset a couple of years to develop an offense around him that fits his style. Both are very good QB's but VERY different QB's.
I thought Somerset would have what they would consider a down year while other thought they would challenge NCC and Beechwood this year, but i just dont see it. I think Someset is more likely to make a run at state during Hatchers senior year.
PC on the other hand is more due, IMO to have better season over the next couple of years. Next year will be a much better chance for PC to get back to that region crown, but only because this year HC will dominate everyone in the east IMHO.

So, in other words, Somerset need not worry, its just a work in progress, and PC fans should be very happy with the way this team looks and whats coming in the future.

Good luck to both teams this season.
Somerset's coaches have shown they can develop players. Have patience and it will be rewarded.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Now that the dust has settled, ill give an honest opinion on why i picked PC the way i did, and why i was one of the very few who picked PC, and picked them big over Somerset.

It has nothing to do with numbers. Peronally, i hate bigger schools playing smaller schools UNLESS its
This is because bigger teams have nothing to gain from playing smaller schools in the terms of winning. Why? Because there suppose to. Its okay for smaller schools to brag about winning against a bigger schools, but when the bigger schools win, "they're suppose to".

Now to the game.

What i seen in Somerset and PC over the past couple of years led me to believe this was going to happen. Ive had the pleasure of watching both teams play one several occasions over the past few years. Somerset in the regular season and PC in the playoffs. I honestly though Somersets would be much better the past couple of years then they would this year. I also honestly thought this would be the year PC started to take off. I was so impressed with the young QB for PC last year that i told several people that he would be the next big thing out of all of Pulaski County as long as Hines set him up for it, and i believe he has. Hatcher at Somerset is also a really good QB, but i think its going to take Somerset a couple of years to develop an offense around him that fits his style. Both are very good QB's but VERY different QB's.
I thought Somerset would have what they would consider a down year while other thought they would challenge NCC and Beechwood this year, but i just dont see it. I think Someset is more likely to make a run at state during Hatchers senior year.
PC on the other hand is more due, IMO to have better season over the next couple of years. Next year will be a much better chance for PC to get back to that region crown, but only because this year HC will dominate everyone in the east IMHO.

So, in other words, Somerset need not worry, its just a work in progress, and PC fans should be very happy with the way this team looks and whats coming in the future.

Beechwood is 1A
Jumper Dad Wrote:Beechwood is 1A

Brain fart. I meant Caldwell.

However, if thats all you took from my post, you'll understand why my compliments to Somerset are few and far between.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Now that the dust has settled, ill give an honest opinion on why i picked PC the way i did, and why i was one of the very few who picked PC, and picked them big over Somerset.

Now to the game.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Brain fart. I meant Caldwell.

However, if thats all you took from my post, you'll understand why my compliments to Somerset are few and far between.
I don't care if you ever compliment Somerset...I didn't know I was supposed to give you platitudes on a great well thought out post. I read your post and agree with most of what your saying. But like you would do, I just pointed out a mistake in your post.

I don't know what I was supposed to take from your post, you only posted what is obvious after watching the game. PC is really good, Somerset not as good.
wiseguy85 Wrote:I guess Somerset should just quit inviting the 5a schools to their bowl game. That way they can schedule a team in their class. It is obvious Somerset is not in the same class as Pulaski. That showed Friday.

One game, a trend is not made. Somerset should absolutely be playing PC.
Jumper Dad Wrote:I don't care if you ever compliment Somerset...I didn't know I was supposed to give you platitudes on a great well thought out post. I read your post and agree with most of what your saying. But like you would do, I just pointed out a mistake in your post.

I don't know what I was supposed to take from your post, you only posted what is obvious after watching the game. PC is really good, Somerset not as good.

Not needed.
My head is hurting can't wait until next year.:Hammer3::Hammer3::Hammer3: