final
oh my :insane:
Congrats Camels,
Wow, I thought there was a glow coming from Alexandria:flame:
WeBelieve Wrote:Congrats Camels,
Wow, I thought there was a glow coming from Alexandria:flame:
I think that was Stardust burning down the goalpost
^ LOL, WOW, I must say it again W[COLOR="Yellow"]OW[/COLOR]
this just goes to show you that any team can be beaten on any night..
Come on give some details. That was a flat out dismantling
This is a completely different team than the team that wen 0-5 to start the season. Their defense has been very solid, but in no way did I think their offense could be as productive as they were! It's no secret that Dixies offense is not that good, but they had absolutely no answer tonight for the Camels offense. This was a landmark win for Coach Lickert! The Highlands prodigy has brought what he learned from Highlands and implemented a system that is positive and the kids BELIEVE!
nky Wrote:Come on give some details. That was a flat out dismantling

Tyler Durham, James Popp and the Sophomore Howard (Can't remember his name) just dominated the game on the ground. I'd expect that the Camels had close to 400 yards rushing alone.

It was definitely the Camels D though that dictated the outcome of this game. They put pressure on Pike all night long. Early in the game, the Camels were laying out the Colonel receivers and it got to the point that the receivers felt the defense on every pass causing a great number of drops. Cohorn was the only bright spot for Dixie, but Pike just could not get the ball to him enough.

Camels took a 21-0 lead into the waning minutes of the first half. Dixie drove down the field and scored on an extremely good drive to get the game to 21-7. We all were worried that Dixie got the momentum swing that they needed and if they took the opening kickoff off the 2nd half and drove in for a score, this game could turn. Camels came out and opened the 2nd half with an onside kick in which they recovered and promptly drove in for the TD. Camels held on the next drive and forced a punt but were pinned deep (inside the 15 I believe). Tyler Durham took the first play 75 yards and the Camels were in scoring position again. That put the game out of reach.

Colonels never quit. They lost a lot of life but I have to admit that Spritzky had them play hard every down, even with the game out of reach, but they just had no answer!
congrats to CC
Stardust Wrote:This is a completely different team than the team that wen 0-5 to start the season. Their defense has been very solid, but in no way did I think their offense could be as productive as they were! It's no secret that Dixies offense is not that good, but they had absolutely no answer tonight for the Camels offense. This was a landmark win for Coach Lickert! The Highlands prodigy has brought what he learned from Highlands and implemented a system that is positive and the kids BELIEVE!
I know your pumped, but Dixie is just flat out terrible.
nptb17 Wrote:I know your pumped, but Dixie is just flat out terrible.

I'm not as pumped as I am shocked! At 0-5, no one ever thought this would happen - not even you!

Seriously?!?! I really do not think ANYONE really thought CCHS would beat Dixie after being 0 - 5 and beating SK last week 6 - 0. You can diminish this win for the Camels because this is exactly what you are doing by saying Dixie is just flat out terrible, but CCHS showed more heart, hustle and pure love of the game tonight compared to what Dixie did. The coaching staff for CCHS challenged their kids every single play tonight and that was evident in the score. When the score was 36-14 the kids on the sidelines were saying lets put 40 on the board and their coaches where saying the same thing then after scoring 43 they said lets put 50 on the board and that is exactly what they did. Diminish all you want, but Campbell County just schooled Dixie tonight.

Here are a couple of stats from Campbell:
Tyler Durham - 239 yds rushing (3 TDs)
James Popp - 192 yds rushing (3 TDs)

So happy to see Popper have a break out game. He played well on offense and defense. He just never gives up when he is running the ball.

The other RB you were thinking of is Alex Howard and he is a sophomore.

Tyler Walsh had a great game on defense.
Stardust Wrote:I'm not as pumped as I am shocked! At 0-5, no one ever thought this would happen - not even you!

I was soooo tempted to pick Campbell in the pick'em contest, I am kicking myself now for not picking them.
sstack Wrote:I was soooo tempted to pick Campbell in the pick'em contest, I am kicking myself now for not picking them.

I don't know that anyone picked the Camels!
Missed this one BAD. Congrats Campbell County!
McCameraMan Wrote:Missed this one BAD. Congrats Campbell County!
I am only surprised that Dixie beat Boone County. Dixie couldn't stop ice from melting in the winter. Congrats to the Camels!!!
schedules, stats

DETAILS

10/7/2011

Campbell Co. 50

Dixie Heights 14

Dixie Heights

Campbell Co.

Scoring summary:

C--Tyler Durham 6 run (Grant Mahoney kick); C--James Popp 4 run (kick failed); D--Goose Cohorn 32 pass from Zeke Pike (Seth Capel kick); C--Durham 26 run (Popp run); D--Justin Bongdara 7 pass from Pike (Capel kick); C--Durham 1 run (Mahoney kick); C--Popp 43 run (Alex Howard pass from Mahoney); C--Popp 24 run (Mahoney kick); C--Howard 1 run (Mahoney).
Records: Campbell Co. 2-5, Dixie Heights 2-5.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1aAduFgEB
Junior quarterback Tyler Durham rushed for 239 of Campbell County’s 508 rushing yards on 39 carries and three touchdowns.

Teammate senior running back James Popp added 192 yards with 19 carries and three touchdowns.
CC wins one more district game and they are a two seed and they win both they are the district champs i would have to say coach of the year! What is really nice is they are young and looks like getting better each game. I hate to look to next year, but they could be the team to beat in Northern Kentucky not names Highlands.
Stardust Wrote:I don't know that anyone picked the Camels!

Yeah you do. Let's have a hand for me.:Clap:Confusednicker::devilflam
Seriously, way to go Camels. A month ago I'm pretty sure everyone looked at this game as an ugly loss. Turns out they were right, with one slight adjustment.

Dixie has been bitten by the injury bug. I guess the 8th ranked QB in the entire world (according to Trent Dilfer) is not enough. If Dixie finishes 4th in the district they'd play Trinity in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Congrats to the camels on the big W.
horst muhlmann Wrote:Dixie has been bitten by the injury bug. I guess the 8th ranked QB in the entire world (according to Trent Dilfer) is not enough. If Dixie finishes 4th in the district they'd play Trinity in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Congrats to the camels on the big W.

fifth place team in the District plays Trinity. That will belong to Simon Kenton
Stardust Wrote:fifth place team in the District plays Trinity. That will belong to Simon Kenton
Fifth? How is that possible?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
walking tall Wrote:CC wins one more district game and they are a two seed and they win both they are the district champs i would have to say coach of the year! What is really nice is they are young and looks like getting better each game. I hate to look to next year, but they could be the team to beat in Northern Kentucky not names Highlands.

Well, I really liked all the things you said about the Camels, but it's a bit too early to anoint them to even be able to win the District next year. They will lose some very key seniors this year. They are young, but you are talking about losing a lot of your line on both sides of the ball. As for coach of the year, I guess if the Camels could run the table, after their 0-5 start, it's possible. Even I as a Camel fan would not vote Lickert over the coaches of CCH or Cooper at this stage. One correction though, next weeks game with Ryle is for the District championship. The winner of that game if the champ no matter what they do in their next games.
WOW!!!!!!!!! I missed this one. A big congrats to the Camels.
Jarons Wrote:Fifth? How is that possible?

6A district 6 (nky's district) has 5 teams in it, 6A district 2 has 3 teams in it. The 5th place team in NKY becomes the 4th place team in district 2.
I am not surprised that Campbell pulled off the minor upset but I am certainly surprised by the margin of victory in this game. Nothing is going right for the Colonels these days and I would expect to see some major changes in the Dixie program starting at the top at the end of this year. Dixie has underachieved for too long now for the program to continue on its current path.