Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Blazer 42 Rowan Co 10
HD28 Wrote:Well, the last time I checked neither of those kids played offensive or defensive line...therefore I believe their impact would have been negligible. And if Williamson was so hurt, why wasn't he benched for the last 2 games to get healthy for the first district game?

The fact is, that RC has won some football games the last 3 years, but have not beaten a quality opponent. Just look at the combined W/L record of the teams they have beaten. The program has gotten better, but it is not what some would have you believe it is. An I am one who loves to see RC do well.

Not knocking Ashland her, but in Rowan Co's defense, these two players healthy would definitely make a difference regardless of who wins the battle up front. I think they would still fall short because of their defense, but their offense at 100% can score some points. I just don't think they would have scored enough.

These two guys make up 65-70% of their yardage and 1/2 of their scoring. Depth doesn't replace that kind of output.
I have heard Ashland was without a few players this week. I believe their tailback, both offensive guards and both inside linebackers were out due to injuries. I can't confirm this, but that is what I heard down my way.
laker20 Wrote:Not knocking Ashland her, but in Rowan Co's defense, these two players healthy would definitely make a difference regardless of who wins the battle up front. I think they would still fall short because of their defense, but their offense at 100% can score some points. I just don't think they would have scored enough.

These two guys make up 65-70% of their yardage and 1/2 of their scoring. Depth doesn't replace that kind of output.

Depth can replace that kind of output, if you have quality depth?
Ashland has had several starters out all year long linebackers runningbacks an they haven't missed a beat. Rowan got the receiving end of one back #35 whos been out all year spot played against ironton started vs Rowan. His replacement #4 chris Prichard played that spot up til friday an he played only defense due to a tweaked ankle. Quality depth matters...
BADCAT74 Wrote:Depth can replace that kind of output, if you have quality depth?
Ashland has had several starters out all year long linebackers runningbacks an they haven't missed a beat. Rowan got the receiving end of one back #35 whos been out all year spot played against ironton started vs Rowan. His replacement #4 chris Prichard played that spot up til friday an he played only defense due to a tweaked ankle. Quality depth matters...

Williamson has averaged 250 yards per game.......you can't replace that. This is one athlete that make the team better than they are otherwise. So with him out, the team is nowhere as powerful offensively. For example, I'm watching the colts right now....should they be just as good without Manning?
I actually thought that this one would be a little closer than this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
laker20 Wrote:Williamson has averaged 250 yards per game.......you can't replace that. This is one athlete that make the team better than they are otherwise. So with him out, the team is nowhere as powerful offensively. For example, I'm watching the colts right now....should they be just as good without Manning?

Williamson hurt the ankle in the previous game early. My question would be how many yards in that game? How many points did Rowan score? I also read that the score does not indicate ..... At what point was the game over? Was it when Wing threw a pick and then Ashland scored making it 28-10. If so then the game was over at nearly the beginning of the 4th quarter. You can justify 42-10 any way you want if it makes you feel better, but the score will remain 42-10.
washed up Wrote:Williamson hurt the ankle in the previous game early. My question would be how many yards in that game? How many points did Rowan score? I also read that the score does not indicate ..... At what point was the game over? Was it when Wing threw a pick and then Ashland scored making it 28-10. If so then the game was over at nearly the beginning of the 4th quarter. You can justify 42-10 any way you want if it makes you feel better, but the score will remain 42-10.

Your missing my point, I'm not trying to justify the score our the outcome, as I really didn't care who won this in the first place. I thought Ashland was the better team regardless of who played.

I was responding to the Badcat comments "Grab another horse out of the stable" and "Depth can replace that kind of output." My point was, When the horse that went down was a Thoroughbred you can't put a Quarter Horse in the race and expect to compete in the derby. I still think Ashland was the better team regardless, just that they didn't get to see Rowan's real offense. It would have been nice to have seen how Ashland handled these two.
I think the real point is that when you get dominated at the point of attack like RC did, then running lanes and time to throw gets real scarce. Total yards, first downs (26-8) help tell the story of the game as well as the final score does.