Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KBA Results?
Any news on what teams look good in Lexington?
Haven't been there yet so can't tell you who looks good, but results for pool play are online at http://www.playkba.com. Bracket play underway but no results posted yet. On a quick read looked like pool winners/top seeds were: Bryan Stn, Scott Co, Buckhorn, Harlan Co, Woodford Co, Dunbar, Sheldon Clark, and Pleasure Ridge Park. PRP has looked very good this summer and I'll be surprised if they don't go deep into the bracket.
Harlan County is in the quarterfinals in both Varsity and JV.
The 8 teams in the 1/4 finals were:

Bryan Station vs Scott Co (Bryan Station beat Tates Creek by 2 and Scott Co beat South Laurel by 13)

Clinton Co vs PRP (Clinton Co beat Buckhorn by 8 and PRP beat Rowan Co by 29)

Harlan Co vs Montgomery Co (Harlan Co beat East Jessamine by 11 and Montgomery beat Leslie Co by 8)

LCA vs Pulaski Co (LCA beat Franklin Co by 2 and Pulaski Co beat Sheldon Clark by 6)
I heard Sheldon Clark went down won their pool won the first game in bracket play by a lot and lost the 2nd game by 6. Not bad for SC if i do say so myself.
Sheldon Clark beat Frankfort by 24 in the first round of bracket play.
Great showing by the Cards during the tournament. They missedd 12 free throws in the loss to Pulaski County so I expect big things out of the Cards in 2011- 2012.:Clap::Thumbs:
Quarter-final results:

Scott County beat Bryan Station by 11
PRP beat Clinton County by 34
Montgomery County beat Harlan County by 4
Pulaski County beat LCA by 4

Semi-Final Results

Scott County beat PRP by 1
Pulaski County beat Montgomery County by 10

Finals

Scott County beat 28.
rojas Wrote:Quarter-final results:

Scott County beat Bryan Station by 11
PRP beat Clinton County by 34
Montgomery County beat Harlan County by 4
Pulaski County beat LCA by 4

Semi-Final Results

Scott County beat PRP by 1
Pulaski County beat Montgomery County by 10

Finals

Scott County beat 28.

Glad to see 10th region rival Montgomery Co do well in this tourney.

What went on with all the refs and coaches? Heard that alot of "T" were called and coaches ejected. South Laurel's name was mentioned. Not sure who the "fill-in coach" is for South Laurel.
Gold Charger Wrote:Glad to see 10th region rival Montgomery Co do well in this tourney.

What went on with all the refs and coaches? Heard that alot of "T" were called and coaches ejected. South Laurel's name was mentioned. Not sure who the "fill-in coach" is for South Laurel.

I don't have a clue. Summer basketball tournaments always get a lot of the "2 tier" officials, for lack of a better term. These guys are trying to get the experience and exposure in order to work their way up in the officiating food chain.