Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who Is The Most "Impressive" Person That You Have Ever Met?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is the most impressive person that you have ever met? For me, it could be a lot of people.

My parents rank right up there. But I was also pretty enamored when I met Jeff Gordon. (Even though I towered over him).

Who is the most impressive person that you have met?
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Who is the most impressive person that you have ever met? For me, it could be a lot of people.

My parents rank right up there. But I was also pretty enamored when I met Jeff Gordon. (Even though I towered over him).

Who is the most impressive person that you have met?

is that because your taller than him or he was sitting down:redboxer:
ROETHLISBERGER Wrote:is that because your taller than him or he was sitting down:redboxer:

He was sitting down--but he was a real sport--and stood up and took a picture with us (when he wasn't supposed--he had a agreement where he was just supposed to sign autographs).

Jeff Gordon is not any taller than 5'2" (I am 6'0" and he came to the middle o my chest). He was definitely a LOT cooler than anyone ever gives him credit for.
i didn't know he was that short
i'll never forget the time when my football team was working for the unite program at a local church. me an a few buddies stood outside to greet people, this man walks up an almost everyone kenw who he was, he comes to shafter9 first an shakes his hand an says whats ur name, shafter9 replies with his name and he ask whats urs an everybodies jaw dropped, that mans eyes got huge, then he goes i'm hal rogers. lol
Rusty Wallace and Roger Penske, of the few nascar people I've met those two impressed me the most. I've also met Dale Sr., Ken Schrader, Dick Trickle, Ray Evernham, And Joe Nemechek. Joe's a nice guy too.
i would of loved to have met dale sr.
Blackcat75 Wrote:i would of loved to have met dale sr.
If he talked to you like he did us you wouldn't have loved it.
lol whys that?
Another guy I got to meet that was really cool--Joe Gibbs. We met him at Michigan a while back.

He let us try on one of his super bowl rings. I was always impressed with the fact that, when we asked to see it, he handed it right to us--like it was nothing. He said, "I always let people try it on, whatever, simply because I wouldn't have had a chance to have one if it wouldn't have been for the fans".

I thought that was REALLY cool. About a week later, I read a story in Winston Cup scene that talked about how someone had stolen one of Gibb's rings at Michigan (where we were). Apparently someone took the same ring we were looking at. In the article, it simply asked that it be returned to Joe Gibbs racing.

A few weeks later--another story stated that he got the ring back. Which was even cooler. (I think that had to do with his attitude in the first place). When they asked him if he was going to quit showing it--he stated: "absolutely not--without the fans, I would have never had a chance to have those rings" (which was pretty much the exact same thing he said to us that day).

A complete class act.
Johnny Ringo Wrote:If he talked to you like he did us you wouldn't have loved it.
That's what you and the gang got for stopping at his place Ringo.
Blackcat75 Wrote:lol whys that?

He probably got smoked by Gordon that day! (ha, ha!)
lol
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:He probably got smoked by Gordon that day! (ha, ha!)
Not that time, I think Dale Jarrett won that race
Blackcat75 Wrote:lol whys that?
Well they were still working on the structure on the inside,(which we didn't know) but the gate was open and about 15-20 cars were in the parking lot. I got out of my truck in the rain by myself so everyone else wouldn't have to get wet, walked up to the door and saw they were still working inside, ( the glass is mirrored so you couldn't see in until you got closer. I was getting back in my truck when he pulled around front, my 3 buddies got out so we could hopefully get his autograph and talk to him. We're standing in the rain and he rolls down the window and with a growl says" Can I help you boys?", I said "We were wanting to get your autograph", he then snapped back at me with, "Can't you read son? There's a sign on that gate that says no trespassing! You boys aren't supposed to be here!...I said "Well I didn't know, we're sorry we didn't see it, to which he snapped back "You're gonna have to open your **** eyes when you come in this place son" then he snatched the hat out of my hand an signed it. He did give us all an autograph and the only other words he said, he aked the last guy where we were from and said you guys be careful looks like you're gonna have some bad weather. When we pulled out we looked for the sign, it was about half the size of a license plate and silver with black letters, the gate was swung back so you really couldn't see it unless you were looking for it. I'll admit we were unknowingly in the wrong, but I think it should have been handled differntly. He didn't have to talk down to us like that we had already apoligized for the mistake, all he had to say was sorry guys were not open for business yet, come back in a few months or something you know. just my opinion
i am impressed with the disabled kids i see come in Shriner's. the will they have to get up everday overwhelms me.
To me, it would have to be my mother....
I saw Muhamad(sp?) Ali at the Atlantis Resort in Nassua, Bahamas about 5 years ago...He had 2 of his own security guards with him and was walking thru the lobby of the hotel. I got to shake his hand and had my picture taken with him...both of us are face to face with our fists up in the picture....it was pretty cool.
Ronald Reagan!! Back when he was the President.Confusedalute:
He let us try on one of his super bowl rings. I was always impressed with the fact that, when we asked to see it, he handed it right to us--like it was nothing. He said, "I always let people try it on, whatever, simply because I wouldn't have had a chance to have one if it wouldn't have been for the fans".

i must have been really drunk cause i don't remember any of that ... i just remember him being as tall as i am ...
i met sydney poitie or however you spell his name.. he ate with my family when we were in beverly Hills, and he actually picked up the tab.. he was a pretty cool guy.