Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Marvin Lewis signs extension with Bengals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like the Bengals will give Marvin another chance.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5988635

Quite frankly, I like it as he's a good coach, but does make some bogus calls at times. The Bengals have been in position majority of their games to win, but turnovers have really plagued them this season.

I say if the Bengals want to get rid of anyone, it should be Benson & Ochocinco. The young talent is there and they can get some quality players out of Benson & Ochocinco.
I am surprised but glad. Lewis just has no power with the Bengals. All that resides with Paul Brown and Co. Hopefully Lewis coming back means the Browns will have less to do with decisions concerning the team.
Being the disenchanted Bengals fan that I am, I like this move. Marvin was went to the press prior to the Ravens game saying that he was not interested unless improvements were made. He expected a new practice bubble, expanded scouting, and a Player Personnel Manager. Though the press conference was completely non-committal, and Brown difused much of the discussion, I have to believe that he conceded enough to Marvin for Marvin to come back. That is enough to give me hope.
Stardust, I don't think that could have been said any better.
^ God forbid, if Marvin concedes of any of the things he went into as commitments, we need to run him out of town with a TANK! That's my biggest fear, is that now that he has signed, Brown backs off. But if Brown does the backing off, then it just might be the fans who go to PBS with tanks to blow Browns *** away!
Good move. Aside from Marvin Lewis, who has made the Bengals winners? Ever? Outside of the 2 Super-Bowl runner ups?
Mike Brown is the worst owner in the NFL. Marvin Lewis has Palmer, TO, OchoCinco, and Benson on a team, and wins 4 games, and yet we keep him???!!! He's an average coach at best. TO was right in that the ownership and coaching made this team underachieve this year. I'm convinced the Bengals will never be serious contenders as long as Mike Brown is the owner.
MSU Eagle Wrote:Mike Brown is the worst owner in the NFL. Marvin Lewis has Palmer, TO, OchoCinco, and Benson on a team, and wins 4 games, and yet we keep him???!!! He's an average coach at best. TO was right in that the ownership and coaching made this team underachieve this year. I'm convinced the Bengals will never be serious contenders as long as Mike Brown is the owner.

That's fair and I agree with where you are coming from. But at this stage, knowing all that you stated, the best move was to bring Marvin back. At least he has head coaching experience. The best they were going to do was promote a coordinator, then we would have 8 more years identical to what we had. Now, if Brown does give the Bengals players more tools (scouting, practice facilities, player personnel) then if the Bengals don't improve, we will know it was 100% Marvin, and maybe not as much Brown.