Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central - Cody Parker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
will this young man be allowed back on the team? I believe they will be more capable for a state appearance with him on the hardwood.
What happened?
Don't know at this point. I think it is mostly up to him if he really wants back on. He quit, and as far as I know he hasn't asked to be back on the team.

I am also wondering about the three players Paintsville sent home last week. Are they back or are they done for the year. Green, Caldwell and Hall were the three.
cart man Wrote:Don't know at this point. I think it is mostly up to him if he really wants back on. He quit, and as far as I know he hasn't asked to be back on the team.

I am also wondering about the three players Paintsville sent home last week. Are they back or are they done for the year. Green, Caldwell and Hall were the three.

Huh??...A kid can quit then it's up to him whether he gets to come back? Why does a quitter get an option to come back?
Don't know what happened or the whole situation but did hear that he was getting disciplined for the first half of a game and at halftime thru his jersey in the garbage. Then, had a few words to the coach.
Again, this is what I heard and don't know exactly what was going on or what happened.
Salimander Wrote:Huh??...A kid can quit then it's up to him whether he gets to come back? Why does a quitter get an option to come back?

I was not saying that it is up to him. I am saying that he has not asked, so at this point there is not even a question if he will be allowed back until he asks. I don't think the coach is going to go to him and beg.
The coach has to make a stand an teach this kid a life lesson that when you make a decision you have to stand buy the decision, when the kid made the decision to quit the team , he is done no matter what. The coach cannot be weak and expect the rest of the team to respect him or his decisions in the future.
diamondthehacker Wrote:Don't know what happened or the whole situation but did hear that he was getting disciplined for the first half of a game and at halftime thru his jersey in the garbage. Then, had a few words to the coach.
Again, this is what I heard and don't know exactly what was going on or what happened.

I hope the kid didnt do any of this!!!! He is a good player, and his team could use him !!!!!
Parker should grow up and try and come back. I heard he still thinks he should be able to come back without any retrabuke. Well when you walk out of a live game and quit your team that is playing for your school its not a good thing weather or not he said or did throw his jersey. As I stated before grow up Parker before its to late in your life. Accept your mistakes learn from it and come back a new man ready to guide your team to Rupp. Life is too short to have such a bad attitude. He should see a pattern evolving here.
If I'm not mistaken this is not the first time things like this has happened. Should have grown up a couple of years back...
JC has been the most dramatic out of control program in a few years. Wonder Why ??
I think professional people being teachers and coaches should give kids every chance possible. Sure what he did was wrong but everyone of us have made mistakes in life. Life is too hard and short to give up on anyone especially any young student. Good luck Mr. Parker and god bless you!!!
Parker quit. Plain and simple. Whether he should be able to come back shouldn't be up to him. But I personally guarantee if he wants to be back on the team, he'll be welcomed back with open arms. It's just the way sports are. If you're that valuable of a player on a team, you basically can do what you want if you're a talented player on a high school team, especially.
I hope he doesn't go back. It will be just that much easier for my team to get through region.
Do any of you people, adults/kids even care? It's easy to sit and judge somebody from behind a computer screen. To Eyespy...you need to worry about your own kids. Can this thread please be shut down? Nothing but trouble being stirred. Everyones making guesses and has the slightest clue as to what's going on.