Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Simon Kenton 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can't wait till football season next year SK returns some good football players. They will have 2 players battling it out for the QB spot.
they should do good and battle ryle for the top spot in 6a nky
^ What about newcomer Dixie? If Pike lives up to the hype, the Colonels have less to replace than the rest of the 6A schools who all took hits in many key positions. I think Ryle has possibly the best player in the state, but Dixie will be loaded.

I think Lawrence meant more to this team than anyone may ever recognize. They have quality players coming in, but after watching their JV over the past few years, I have yet to see a QB that can perform like Chad.
Dixie doesn't have the depth and they lost most of their OL and DL.
SK will probably become a run first team now. Ryle returns some good players but they lost a good QB.
well at least they'll make the playoffs
6A in NKY will come down to Ryle, Dixie, or Simon Kenton. SK won't have the big time player like Pike and Elliot, but SK will have most of their OL/DL back. I still think SK will finish 3rd though
nky Wrote:well at least they'll make the playoffs

You know there are five teams in NKY 6A don't you? Someone won't make it
Stardust Wrote:^ What about newcomer Dixie? If Pike lives up to the hype, the Colonels have less to replace than the rest of the 6A schools who all took hits in many key positions. I think Ryle has possibly the best player in the state, but Dixie will be loaded.

I think Lawrence meant more to this team than anyone may ever recognize. They have quality players coming in, but after watching their JV over the past few years, I have yet to see a QB that can perform like Chad.

I think once the season starts, they will recognize really quickly how much Lawrence meant to the team! I like Ryle on top and SK and Dixie fighting for the 2nd spot in 6A.
Stardust Wrote:You know there are five teams in NKY 6A don't you? Someone won't make it
5th place team will be the 4th seed out of Lexington
nky Wrote:5th place team will be the 4th seed out of Lexington

yeah lexington only has 3 teams in their district. it was part of SK's realignment appeal

if you think about it, would you rather be the 4th or 5th place team in NKY? 5th place stays up here for the playoffs
toussaints Wrote:yeah lexington only has 3 teams in their district. it was part of SK's realignment appeal

if you think about it, would you rather be the 4th or 5th place team in NKY? 5th place stays up here for the playoffs

Wrong. 5th place team in N ky becomes the 4th place team from the 3 team district in Western Ky. A far bus ride away.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Wrong. 5th place team in N ky becomes the 4th place team from the 3 team district in Western Ky. A far bus ride away.

Sounds like a good punishment for being the worst team lol.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Wrong. 5th place team in N ky becomes the 4th place team from the 3 team district in Western Ky. A far bus ride away.

nevermind the 4th or 5th question, thats a rough week 1 playoff trip
FYI
[SIZE=2]District 1 - Daviess County, Henderson County, Marshall County, Muhlenberg County
District 2 - Central Hardin, Meade County, Nelson County
District 3 – Butler, Pleasure Ridge Park, Seneca, Southern
District 4 - DuPont Manual, Male, St. Xavier, Trinity (Louisville)
District 5 - Ballard, Eastern, Fern Creek, Oldham County
District 6 - Boone County, Campbell County, Dixie Heights, Ryle, Simon Kenton (*)
District 7 - Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Scott County
District 8 - George Rogers Clark, Lafayette, Madison Central, Tates Creek

(*) For 2011 and 2012 playing season, the 5
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]th [/SIZE][SIZE=2]place team in District 6 of Class 6A will be bracketed as the number four (4) seed in District 2 for the purpose of making playoff pairings.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]6A-R1
year 2011 [SIZE=1]
[SIZE=2]D2 vs. D4

[/SIZE]
year 2012
[SIZE=1]D2 vs. D3

So the NKY #5 team will play a Lousiville school in the first round
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

^ I honestly did not know this. So, it appears all teams are guaranteed a playoff game
Stardust Wrote:^ I honestly did not know this. So, it appears all teams are guaranteed a playoff game
yup in both 1A and 6A
UK1fan Wrote:SK will probably become a run first team now. Ryle returns some good players but they lost a good QB.

who all does sk have coming back
rebel 4 life Wrote:who all does sk have coming back

ryle is going to be a good team next year but without a play maker at Qb the early half of the season could be what hurts them
rebel 4 life Wrote:who all does sk have coming back

They return only 5 starters but they had a lot of kids get playing time. I hope they move Mills #40 and #50 to LB. Also I hope # 34 Bowling and #40 Mills get some carries at RB.
I met to say they return 5 starters on defense and 3 on offense but at least 25 kids got playing time last year. They will return around 25 Seniors 20 plus Juniors.
UK1fan Wrote:They return only 5 starters but they had a lot of kids get playing time. I hope they move Mills #40 and #50 to LB. Also I hope # 34 Bowling and #40 Mills get some carries at RB.

so sk has a good chance of being very good for the next couple of year
Does anybody know who SK plays I know they open against Beechwood.
toussaints Wrote:6A in NKY will come down to Ryle, Dixie, or Simon Kenton. SK won't have the big time player like Pike and Elliot, but SK will have most of their OL/DL back. I still think SK will finish 3rd though

SK will hurt this season. They are not bringing back most of their o line and d line. Most of them were seniors. The majority of the o and d teams were seniors. Swanson and Kuntz are both good quarterbacks. Will be interesting to see where they go with that combo.

As far as the playoffs the 5th place team here will in fact be the number 4 seed out of Lexington not Western Ky. The realignment had SK as the Lexington district till it was appealed and they left SK in NKY. Therefor Lexington was left with a three team district which included Henry Clay, Bryan Station and Scott County.
nky Wrote:FYI
[SIZE=2]District 1 - Daviess County, Henderson County, Marshall County, Muhlenberg County[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]District 2 - Central Hardin, Meade County, Nelson County

District 3 – Butler, Pleasure Ridge Park, Seneca, Southern
District 4 - DuPont Manual, Male, St. Xavier, Trinity (Louisville)
District 5 - Ballard, Eastern, Fern Creek, Oldham County
District 6 - Boone County, Campbell County, Dixie Heights, Ryle, Simon Kenton (*)
District 7 - Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Scott County
District 8 - George Rogers Clark, Lafayette, Madison Central, Tates Creek

(*) For 2011 and 2012 playing season, the 5
[/SIZE][SIZE=1]th [/SIZE][SIZE=2]place team in District 6 of Class 6A will be bracketed as the number four (4) seed in District 2 for the purpose of making playoff pairings.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]6A-R1 [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=1]
[SIZE=2]year 2011

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]D2 vs. D4
[/SIZE]
year 2012
[SIZE=1]D2 vs. D3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]So the NKY #5 team will play a Lousiville school in the first round
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

neerfan Wrote:As far as the playoffs the 5th place team here will in fact be the number 4 seed out of Lexington not Western Ky. The realignment had SK as the Lexington district till it was appealed and they left SK in NKY. Therefor Lexington was left with a three team district which included Henry Clay, Bryan Station and Scott County.
This was from the KHSSA website The Lexington district(7) has 4 teams It's district 2 with only 3 teams
So the NKY #5 team will play a Lousiville school in the first round
SK's O-line and D-line will be fine. #55 Racke 6'2 235 and 71Patrick 6'2 250 are returning starters #61 Johnny Dillion 5'10 230 had a couple starts. Add #64 Ben Hall 6'4 295 who should be on the field with his size, #74 Nick Frederichs 6'1 245 got playing time in the blow out games. On defense Patrick, Mills and Schneider started on the D-line but I hope they move Mills and Schneider to LB where they can blitz and roam the field they would be studs at LB. SK has pleny of bigger size guys to put on the D-line. The real question is will they put Trey Pinkleton on offense let me play RB and WR he has to much talent not to use him on offense.
Far as the 5th seed team making the playoffs and playing where ever doesn't matter to me because SK is going to be the top team this year and have home field!
Stardust Wrote:^ What about newcomer Dixie? If Pike lives up to the hype, the Colonels have less to replace than the rest of the 6A schools who all took hits in many key positions. I think Ryle has possibly the best player in the state, but Dixie will be loaded.

SK will use Pinkleton at QB he will be dangerous like Lawrence.
Here is their schedule.

08/19 8:00 PM

* Casey County (Liberty, KY)

08/26TBA

* @ Beechwood (Fort Mitchell, KY)

09/09 7:00 PM

* @ Holmes (Covington, KY)

09/16 7:00 PM

* Newport Central Catholic (Newport, KY)

09/23 7:30 PM

* Ryle (Union, KY) *

09/30 7:00 PM

* @ Campbell County (Alexandria, KY) *

10/07 7:00 PM

* @ Boone County (Florence, KY) *

10/14 7:00 PM

* Dixie Heights (Edgewood, KY) *

10/28 7:00 PM

* Scott County (Georgetown, KY)
SK returns around 25 Seniors and 25 Juniors.
Pages: 1 2