Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Upset?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lets hear what everyone thinks the biggest upset to date this year is.
ER over Belfry!
JBS over Perry Central!
\
"callmeclutch" Wrote:JBS over Perry Central!

Maybe, but this is the worst Perry Co. Central team since the consolidation of Dilce and Napier in 1995.
LC over P-Ville
Im going to say JC over Paintsville. Just for one reason though it was at PAINTSVILLE. hard to win there. I think JC is the better team though and i guess they proved it when they won.
Jenkins over Letcher Central!
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:Jenkins over Letcher Central!

AND
Bretthitt Co. over Leslie Co.(WYMT Champs)
well it would be out of 2 ER over Belfry and Breathitt over Leslie..how could that happen
You know in a way I kinda of agree with the Breathit/Leslie upset. But then again, how can someone consider this an upset when you have that many kids in a school and your team has played like it has played. And I don't know the situation in Breathitt, but a school that size with the kids they have should not be in this situation in the first place to ever win a game and be considered an upset! But I agree, it was a VERY good win!
I am going to say Pikeville over East Ridge. First time in the history of East Ridge that Pikeville has beat them.
ER over Belfry!
Harlan and Hazard over Paintsville
LC over P-ville
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:ER over Belfry!

I'm not sure I'd call that game an upset. Even though many thought Belfry was going to win, it wasn't even a close game and besides that it was on their own home floor and they still got it handed to them....
The biggest upset was all the booster who assured Savior landon Slone didn't get to showcase his allworld ability in the WYMT.
But I am sure that all will be well when the powers to be protect him in the 15th region cocoon the refs put him in.
"Turkish" Wrote:The biggest upset was all the booster who assured Savior landon Slone didn't get to showcase his allworld ability in the WYMT.
But I am sure that all will be well when the powers to be protect him in the 15th region cocoon the refs put him in.

There is no use of you coming in a thread and bashing an INDIVIDUAL player! Whether you like him or not, think he is over-rated or not, thats your own opinion. But this site isn't here for you to bash a player (especially when everyone else in the thread is talking about TEAMS AS A WHOLE!) He gets out there and tries his best to do what he knows how to do and if you don't like it - fine! but don't bash him for doing his thing. go get in his shoes --- TAKE A LOOK FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THINGS AND SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT!
Before you talk the talk - try to walk the walk... cause I guaruntee you can't do it like he can!
Who took the gem out of your doughnut?

Ok the biggest upset of the season is paintsvile choking, blowing a lead finishing 6th in a tourney that was set up for them to win. why do to the fact that the "best" player in the 15th is not having the type of year we were all expecting.
i don't know because - i'm not him!
you don't know because - you're not him!
know one knows UNLESS THEY ARE LANDON SLONE!!!!!
every one goes through their rough times and right now is one for himself and paintsville! they are a very talented team, but just can't get it together right now. --- Like many other respected teams in the region and mountains.

AND IN YOUR EARLIER POST -- you talked of ONLY Landon ... and NOW you're talking about Paintsville choking with Landon on the side!???

Respectively, these boys go out night after night, game after game, and do what they think is best. If you have a problem with them then thats fine but quit dogging on them... they've got 2 more years left to show what they can do. Right now they are very experienced and very inexperienced also. So just chill and let them do what they do.
And if you think they 'choked' then think it. Others may and may not agree. But what they do has to do with them, their coach, their team - they hearts and their minds.
LEAVE THE TIGERS AND LANDON ALONE!!! let them do their own thing and if u think they aren't good or they're 'choking' - think it.

Think they're over-rated all you want. Think Landon is over-rated all you want. It's not his fault, or the teams fault they're that way. People see potential in them and what they do. if you don't like it don't read about it. don't write about it. don't talk about it. don't gossip about. don't think about it. just don't worry about it. - i promise, you're life will be soooo much better!:Thumbs:
"blackcatforever" Wrote:i don't know because - i'm not him!
you don't know because - you're not him!
know one knows UNLESS THEY ARE LANDON SLONE!!!!!
every one goes through their rough times and right now is one for himself and paintsville! they are a very talented team, but just can't get it together right now. --- Like many other respected teams in the region and mountains.

AND IN YOUR EARLIER POST -- you talked of ONLY Landon ... and NOW you're talking about Paintsville chocking with Landon on the side!???

Respectively, these boys go out night after night, game after game, and do what they think is best. If you have a problem with them then thats fine but quit dogging on them... they've got 2 more years left to show what they can do. Right now they are very experience and very inexperienced also. So just chill and let them do what they do.
And if you think they 'choked' then think it. Others may and may not agree. But what they do has to do with them, their coach, their team - they hearts and their minds.
LEAVE THE TIGERS AND LANDON ALONE!!! let them do their own thing and if u think they aren't good or they're 'choking' - think it.
Let them do THEIR thing and don't interfere!!

You need to calm down this site is so people can voice their thoughts and opinions.
The thread is about upsets not about defending this or that.
"Turkish" Wrote:The biggest upset was all the booster who assured Savior landon Slone didn't get to showcase his allworld ability in the WYMT.

Cool down on the sarcasm
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:I'm not sure I'd call that game an upset. Even though many thought Belfry was going to win, it wasn't even a close game and besides that it was on their own home floor and they still got it handed to them....

I do agree with a lot of what you are saying, but most of that is the reason I see it as a big upset. 1). Belfry got beat at home on a game they could win. 2). Belfry got beat bad. I don't think most saw that coming.

:theman: