Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby County 59 - Harlan 48 (Max Performance Invitational)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Shelby County wins their first game of the season.
Really at a loss for words...Not to take anything from Shelby Co. but Harlan didn't show up. Shelby County pressed the whole game and wore Harlan down. As flat as I have seen them in two years...never got into rythm. One thing I will say is the Shelby crowd was very intense for a small one...definetly made a difference once Harlan got down. You could tell SC was hungry for a win.

Congrats to Coach Parsons.

Side note to Coach P===>It was as bad as Clay County :biggrin:
Shelby County 17 17 6 19 59
Harlan 7 14 9 18 48

Shelby County (1-10) — Schreiner 13, Yocum 12, Frinak 14, Taylor 3, Walker 8, Barry 3, Williams 2, Moore 4.
Harlan (5-3) — Begley 18, Saragas 1, Taylor 11, Ely 7, Nolan 2, Hampton 4, Logan 4.

3-point goals — N/A

Shelby County 59, Harlan 48 – The Rockets (10-1) were led by Kyle Frinak with 14 points in first round action of the Max Performance Invitational at Shelby County High School. The Dragons (5-3) were led by Chris Begley with 18 points.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/local/lo...ys/latest/
Bear_Paw Wrote:Really at a loss for words...Not to take anything from Shelby Co. but Harlan didn't show up. Shelby County pressed the whole game and wore Harlan down. As flat as I have seen them in two years...never got into rythm. One thing I will say is the Shelby crowd was very intense for a small one...definetly made a difference once Harlan got down. You could tell SC was hungry for a win.

Congrats to Coach Parsons.

Side note to Coach P===>It was as bad as Clay County :biggrin:

Shelby County usually has a good crowd, no matter who they play. The crowd was pretty good at Martha Layne Collins yesterday. It wasn't a large crowd, but it wasn't small either.