Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who is Greenup's next coach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just heard Copley is out at Greenup. I have thought this would happen for a while. Who is next?
Forced out or left on his own?
On his own. Heard he is going somewhere in Lexington. New coach...I dunno. Will it be an assistant on staff or someone new. Mullins is the only guy in the system I can think of that would be interested.
The Copley era ended with no success at Greenup County, same as Pikeville. As predicted. Nothing against him personally, just a lot of hype and no results. If he finds the right spot, he can possibly be a decent assistant. Good luck to Greenup Co. in their search for a coach who can improve their program.
Again, it's the kids that suffer. The teams that they ran the points up on will remember this and the kids will be beat down. I hope they give Mullins a chance, he has been there through thick and thin and he would be good for the team and the kids.
jetpilot Wrote:The Copley era ended with no success at Greenup County, same as Pikeville. As predicted. Nothing against him personally, just a lot of hype and no results. If he finds the right spot, he can possibly be a decent assistant. Good luck to Greenup Co. in their search for a coach who can improve their program.

Greenup is lucky to have a coach like Copley. Greenup ppl (parents, fans, etc..) think way to much of their program. Greenup hasnt been good for a long time in football. Until the fans and parents start cheering for the team instead of against the team they will not EVER be successful. Bad programs take three years to turn around and the Greenup faithful cant keep a coach in any sport longer than 2 or 3 years because everybody is NUTS with their expectations. Go get Rich Brooks if he can turn around UK he could do a little bit a Greenup...:flush:
Mike Davis would be a good possibility.
jetpilot Wrote:The Copley era ended with no success at Greenup County, same as Pikeville. As predicted. Nothing against him personally, just a lot of hype and no results. If he finds the right spot, he can possibly be a decent assistant. Good luck to Greenup Co. in their search for a coach who can improve their program.

Well look who it is. Jetpilot. Don't you owe me some money from a bet?
Lets let Brad Stultz choose the next football coach. He did such a fine job finding us a new basketball coach LOL. In reality though its true Raby and Stultz are running the athletic department and they will choose the next coach. Or I should say that they will have there boy Newton pick the coach. Remember Newton is living in the Stultz's house and I doubt he will bite the hand that feeds him. Thats bad for the football team cuz they dont give a tinkers darn bout gridiron gang.
Kosar Wrote:Well look who it is. Jetpilot. Don't you owe me some money from a bet?

LOL just baiting you Kosar. Pretty sure you posting that 80 was batting practice made it even. j/k, good luck to the GC program.
I doubt there is a coach around with any experience and brain going to take this job. This will only look bad on his next job he will have to be looking for in two to four years.
At least you still have a good schedule made out for 2 years. He did not let that get out of control.
If you listened to some Greenup fans you would think their program was worthy of hiring Randy Shannon.

They should first focus on beating Russell @ Russell atleast 1 time in their history, before claiming greatness.
jetpilot Wrote:LOL just baiting you Kosar. Pretty sure you posting that 80 was batting practice made it even. j/k, good luck to the GC program.
Yeah the batting practice comment may have been one of the worst I have made. I really bit me in the butt....LOL
Beetle01 Wrote:If you listened to some Greenup fans you would think their program was worthy of hiring Randy Shannon.

They should first focus on beating Russell @ Russell atleast 1 time in their history, before claiming greatness.
We beat Russell for the 1st time in 10 years, so now it isnt good enough because it wasnt at Russell? This years game would have been a GC victory no matter where it was played.
I really do hate it for the Greenup kids, They were going to have a down few years in the first place and now lose their coach! I really hope the kids don't start jumping to other schools. One fact is that Coach Maynard from Raceland will not run the score up on the kids from Greenup, he has to much CLASS and still has fond memories of (some people) down there. If you guys know Donnie Rowe you'll know what i am talking about.
This really stinks. I was looking forward to really handing him his tail next season. Oh well goes to show no matter who's running the show it'll never be more than a 5 or 6 win season and an early exit from the playoffs. Maybe they should hire oldwarrior!
Mullins would probably be the best fit for that team
Ram Fan04 Wrote:This really stinks. I was looking forward to really handing him his tail next season. Oh well goes to show no matter who's running the show it'll never be more than a 5 or 6 win season and an early exit from the playoffs. Maybe they should hire oldwarrior!
And I would let the team score as many points as possoble against your Rams, thats why when you play a home playoff game, I sit with the visitors, rooting against your team. When the Rams stop thinking their crap don't stink, i may make amens then. You all have'nt won s***, so you have nothing to say, unless it is about GC, maybe we will get the trifecta this year also.
Any word on the coaching search?
No word yet. They just posted the job on the KHSAA website 3 days ago they are dragging there feet. Nothing new at GC
This is Mullin's job.
old warrior Wrote:And I would let the team score as many points as possoble against your Rams, thats why when you play a home playoff game, I sit with the visitors, rooting against your team. When the Rams stop thinking their crap don't stink, i may make amens then. You all have'nt won s***, so you have nothing to say, unless it is about GC, maybe we will get the trifecta this year also.

Let's see. When was the last time Greenup Co was ranked #1 in the state? When was the last time GC won a dist. title? When was the last time they played for a reg. championship? When was the last time GC won six games in a season back to back? When was the last time GC won 10 games in a season? When was the last time GC was in a down year and won seven games? I got more!!:moon:
old warrior Wrote:And I would let the team score as many points as possoble against your Rams, thats why when you play a home playoff game, I sit with the visitors, rooting against your team. When the Rams stop thinking their crap don't stink, i may make amens then. You all have'nt won s***, so you have nothing to say, unless it is about GC, maybe we will get the trifecta this year also.

Just one more thing. The only trifecta GC will get this year is. And I believe they can do it three times. A triple trifecta!! Lossing nine games in a row!!:Clap:
Back on topic or thread will be closed!!!!!
proud ram fan 1168 Wrote:when was the last time gc won a dist. Title? When was the last time they played for a reg. Championship?

Mullins will be the head coach after the hiring process ends.
Kosar Wrote:This is Mullin's job.

What style of offense and defense does Mullins prefer? Just curious
STATE CHAMP Wrote:What style of offense and defense does Mullins prefer? Just curious

It depends on the phase of the moon.
There going to have trouble in the new District this year
I say it will depend on a couple players. I heard a couple that recieved alot of playing time last year is considering not playing this year.