Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lakers @ Spurs 12/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lakers travel to San Antonio to play the bet team in Basketball in a game that could be the preview of the NBA West finals.

- Both teams come into the game averaging near the top in most points per game around 105 ppg.
- Both are allowing 98 ppm

- Spurs come in with the best record in the NBA.
- Each year the Spurs made it to the NBA Championship, they have had the best record in the NBA West
- The Spurs are the most physical team in the NBA

- Lakers were outrebounded by a team with no inside presence in the Miami Heat
- Lakers lost two consecutive games by embarrassing margins at home, which is out of the ordinary
- Lakers only have won against two teams with winning records
- Lakers have not won a playoff series since Shaq without having home-court advantage
Spurs win this one because they are the healthy and well-coached.
IMO this streak of dominance can't last all season.

Lakers aren't playing well but they've been to 3 straight NBA championships and have 2 consecutive titles.
They know how to win games and just need some time for all the new role players to find their fit in the system.
Spurs - 103
Lakers 101
Lakers are bored with the regular season. Bynum is still getting into the flow and will be a little longer before he's a starter again. Lakers are saving themselves for the playoffs. They'll probably get a 3-4 seed and actually start playing when it matters.
Quote:- Lakers have not won a playoff series since Shaq without having home-court advantage

Aslan Wrote:Spurs - 103
Lakers 101
Lakers are bored with the regular season. Bynum is still getting into the flow and will be a little longer before he's a starter again. Lakers are saving themselves for the playoffs. They'll probably get a 3-4 seed and actually start playing when it matters.

If they are a 3-4 seed, they don't make the finals. So, they best get "Un-Bored", or we will not get to see the Heat beat the Lakers in the Finals!
Stardust Wrote:If they are a 3-4 seed, they don't make the finals. So, they best get "Un-Bored", or we will not get to see the Heat beat the Lakers in the Finals!

lol, preach it brother I agree.
Zaga and Aslan are hoping that by commenting and saying LA loses they actually win.
Stardust Wrote:If they are a 3-4 seed, they don't make the finals. So, they best get "Un-Bored", or we will not get to see the Heat beat the Lakers in the Finals!

That's because they are usually the 1 seed and don't get a chance to play on the road unless it's in the finals.
They lost to phoenix a couple times when LA was an 8-seed but that's when they started Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Kwame Brown, Kobe, and Odom.
You can't count that against them lol
When's the last time LA won the playoffs with a subpar seeding?
LA lost this game.
Kobe shot 8-27 AHAHAHAHA, hilarious.
From watching the highlights, it looks like the Lakers didn't even try. Tony Parker got a few steals and they just watched him go down the court and lay it in. Then Parker would drive and the entire defense would collapse on him and he would kick it out to Ginobili for 3.

Lakers are just pathetic right now, it's as simple as that.
I am so sick of hearing this "Didn't try BS"....
In that case they are gonna have to start trying or their playoff life will not last.

I'm still waiting on someone to answer my question on when the last time LA had a seeding that wasn't #1 in the West and won the playoffs.
Did the Lakers lose?
Stardust Wrote:Did the Lakers lose?

Yes, got crushed.
Dejaun Blair manhandled them.
Wow, the Lakers must not have even tried Sad
Stardust Wrote:Wow, the Lakers must not have even tried Sad

LOL..
That what it was, I mean regular season records mean nothing in the playoffs everyone knows that..

If that's the case, Why did LA have such a good seeding last year in the playoffs? Their regular season wasn't this bad last year I don't think.

Ya know, they didn't play at LA.. So their payrolled refs couldn't help em out.
I heard the refs wasn;t calling anything for LA on the Christmas Day game because they want more cash from Jackson and Kobe.
Ballers Wrote:LOL..
That what it was, I mean regular season records mean nothing in the playoffs everyone knows that..

If that's the case, Why did LA have such a good seeding last year in the playoffs? Their regular season wasn't this bad last year I don't think.

Ya know, they didn't play at LA.. So their payrolled refs couldn't help em out.
I heard the refs wasn;t calling anything for LA on the Christmas Day game because they want more cash from Jackson and Kobe.

Well, if the Lakers are conceding the #1 seed in the West, they have already proven they cannot win a playoff series in the post Shaq era when they are not the home team. Looks like we are seeing the beginning of the end right before our very eyes:yikes:
Stardust Wrote:Well, if the Lakers are conceding the #1 seed in the West, they have already proven they cannot win a playoff series in the post Shaq era when they are not the home team. Looks like we are seeing the beginning of the end right before our very eyes:yikes:

It's only gonna get worse..
Kobe is getting older and so is his surrounding partners..
I preached it before the season even started..
Yeah they looked clean first few games against terrible West teams..
Their not so good now they are playing talent that are right up there in the high ranks.
They are now on a 3 game losing streak.
^ Nah, Bynum is their SAVIOR!

Just you wait, he will play a full 13 minutes one game, and you will see!
^ OMG hahaha that is hilarious.
Ballers Wrote:Zaga and Aslan are hoping that by commenting and saying LA loses they actually win.

I'm playing reverse psychology with my posts? lol
It looks like Kobe's boredom with the regular season is really taking its toll on the Lakers' record. Three straight losses by the best team in the NBA, led by the best basketball player in the history of the world. I wonder how the Lakers' season ticket holders feel about their team coasting through the regular season.
Aslan Wrote:I'm playing reverse psychology with my posts? lol

Yes, good observation. :blabbermo