Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2011 WYMT Mountain Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know the dates and times of the games yet?
I couldn't find the bracket online and KHSAA has one game listed as TBD

Thanks
You can find the brackets right here .. Dates are Tuesdsay Jan. 4 through Saturday Jan. 8th ...
http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsports/headlines...02639.html

- Rock
www.derekforrest.com
www.twitter.com/derekwymt
Thanks for the bracket!
Thanks rock Wink
I will take Clay Co.
Mountain Wrote:I will take Clay Co.

They've lost 2 in a row but IMO they're still the favorite.

However I think another Hazard/PCC final could be in store for this one.
PCC has a tough bracket with Betsy Layne and Clay but I think Hatcher will have the boys ready to go.
3 good first round games: Hazard/Bell, Knott/Clay, and Perry/Betsy Lane....

Hazard 61 / Bell 53 - Hazard
Letcher 58 / Valley 51 - Letcher
Knott 56 / Clay 66 - Clay
Perry 58 / B Lane 47 - Perry

Hazard 63 / Letcher 54 - Hazard
Clay 57 / Perry 53 - Clay

Hazard 57 / Clay 65 - Clay County
Clay Co. really that good?
First round games- Hazard in a good one. Letcher in an easy win over Valley. Knott in a mild upset over Clay. And Perry too strong for Betsy Layne.
BlueSky Wrote:First round games- Hazard in a good one. Letcher in an easy win over Valley. Knott in a mild upset over Clay. And Perry too strong for Betsy Layne.

Very possible....
Knott can beat anyone in the mountains when they play at their best.
However, they have shown some inconsistency so far.
I'm going to say Knott wins the tourney.
Dont count out this years Bell Co team that is big and physical and make you earn your points.
Also does anyone know why Knott Co Central cancelled their game with Bell Co last week?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Also does anyone know why Knott Co Central cancelled their game with Bell Co last week?

I think it was because there was about a foot of snow outside..
That or Knott Co. calls everything off if someone pee's on the road.
Bell Co. may be the second best team in Mountains. I believe the 13th is the best region in the mountains. What do you guys say?
Ballers Wrote:I think it was because there was about a foot of snow outside..

lol:Thumbs:
Ballers Wrote:I think it was because there was about a foot of snow outside..

We had just as much snow here. :biggrin:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Also does anyone know why Knott Co Central cancelled their game with Bell Co last week?

I believe it was weather related. Knott Co. was hit harder with snow and ice than most of the surrounding counties. The county schools have been closed since December 3rd. Not many people actually realize how bad some of the roads and conditions are throughout the area.

With that being said, however, I personally hope they don't make up this game. I'd rather have a forfeit than take a chance on the players getting hurt. Bell Co. plays to injure. Call it physical if you want, but they take it to the extreme. Last year at Hazard in the Charlie Hammonds Classic, Coach Fraley almost made the players leave the floor and take a forfeit as opposed to being injured by Bell Co.'s players. It was way out of hand, but the officials should have been able to do a better job of controlling it.

But the game has been taken off the KHSAA schedules altogether, so there might have been an agreement made or something because, as of right now, it doesn't look like it will be made up and no forfeits by either side are being made.

After finishing my piece, I will wish Hazard the best for hopefully no further injuries when they play Bell. Heard Eric Back severely sprained his ankle the other night in Las Vegas, and was taken to the Hospital along with another Hazard player. I wish you guys a quick recovery. Hazard will need you against Bell Co.
Picked Clay Co about 2 months ago, I'm staying with the Tigers. I'm going to say this though, Letcher Central got Ballou back and I honestly wouldn't not be surprised to see the Cougars playing sat. night for the title. I know that is a bold statement, with Hazard being in the top bracket but I think if the Cougars play up to their potential, it would not shock me.
PATS2011 Wrote:I believe it was weather related. Knott Co. was hit harder with snow and ice than most of the surrounding counties. The county schools have been closed since December 3rd. Not many people actually realize how bad some of the roads and conditions are throughout the area.

With that being said, however, I personally hope they don't make up this game. I'd rather have a forfeit than take a chance on the players getting hurt. Bell Co. plays to injure. Call it physical if you want, but they take it to the extreme. Last year at Hazard in the Charlie Hammonds Classic, Coach Fraley almost made the players leave the floor and take a forfeit as opposed to being injured by Bell Co.'s players. It was way out of hand, but the officials should have been able to do a better job of controlling it.

But the game has been taken off the KHSAA schedules altogether, so there might have been an agreement made or something because, as of right now, it doesn't look like it will be made up and no forfeits by either side are being made.

After finishing my piece, I will wish Hazard the best for hopefully no further injuries when they play Bell. Heard Eric Back severely sprained his ankle the other night in Las Vegas, and was taken to the Hospital along with another Hazard player. I wish you guys a quick recovery. Hazard will need you against Bell Co.

:yawn:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote::yawn:

You can yawn as much as you want, ridicule and whatnot; but I will take safety over a win any day.

Best of luck to the Patriots in the WYMT. You have the toughest matchup in the first round by far. It will be a very good test.
PATS2011 Wrote:I believe it was weather related. Knott Co. was hit harder with snow and ice than most of the surrounding counties. The county schools have been closed since December 3rd. Not many people actually realize how bad some of the roads and conditions are throughout the area.

Very strange that KCC is the only team that makes this claim against Bell? Knott had a little to do with the style of play that game also.

You still going on about that?
Until Tuesday you guys had only played 4 games and 1 of them were listed as away games.
I'm sure you've cancelled plenty of games this year as well.
Knott has already played 10 games.
zaga_fan Wrote:You still going on about that?
Until Tuesday you guys had only played 4 games and 1 of them were listed as away games.
I'm sure you've cancelled plenty of games this year as well.
Knott has already played 10 games.

Still going on about what? They have been the only team to cancel on us. We didnt start our season till late because we knew we would be playing late in football. Half our team is football players. We havent cancelled 0 games this year. Our first game was scheduled for Dec 11th for a LONG time.

Bell Co has ONLY played 1 home game this year.
Knott > Bell.

Find out and let us no. Snow you might think.
Ballers Wrote:Knott > Bell.

Maybe, who knows you guys wouldnt play us. I would love to see that football score. :biggrin:
Benchwarmer Wrote:Find out and let us no. Snow you might think.

Do you guys think Knott Co was the only place to see snow? Bell Co got just as much. We have real Mtns here that get a foot plus everytime.
Knott is the best team by far. If they are healthy they are the team to beat.
Bell is a good team but they are not even top ten.
Pages: 1 2