Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Demarcus Cousins fined and benched...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

For doing the Choke sign while a Golden State player was shooting free-throws.
I don't think he should have gotten in anymore trouble than getting yelled at. I understand they pretty much had to fine him though. Just surprised he didn't get T'd up when he did it, maybe the refs didn't see but I don't think that's the case.
This is really just unacceptable. He needs to start behaving like the professional athlete that he is and grow up.
fanatic11 Wrote:This is really just unacceptable. He needs to start behaving like the professional athlete that he is and grow up.

Give the kid a break, he is 20 years old. He still has a lot to learn and this will be one of those valuable lessons he has to learn. Atleast he isn't being as immature as Gilbert Arenas and have a gun in the lockerroom.
fanatic11 Wrote:This is really just unacceptable. He needs to start behaving like the professional athlete that he is and grow up.

Behaving like a professional athlete?

Not defending marcus, but Lebron dances on the court, Kobe yells at the refs, Some fight with fans, some fight with each other, Others rape people, Some bring guns in the locker room, some fight dogs, Him doing this is was him being a kid. Its not like he harmed anybody. In the end cousins choked when he missed the game winning rebound. Karma!
Yeah really. Not a big deal. It'd be a little different if he actually choked somebody.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Behaving like a professional athlete?

Not defending marcus, but Lebron dances on the court, Kobe yells at the refs, Some fight with fans, some fight with each other, Others rape people, Some bring guns in the locker room, some fight dogs, Him doing this is was him being a kid. Its not like he harmed anybody. In the end cousins choked when he missed the game winning rebound. Karma!

Thanks for listing just some of the many reasons of why I hate professional sports. Especially basketball.
The Choke sign was banned from all sports for the last 7 years. No matter the level or the sport, this is something that is no longer acceptable at any level. Give him a pas if you like because "he is only 20 years-old", but this rule has been in existence since many of you played a sport! He knew better. Go dance on the floor like Lebron, Go yell at the refs like Kobe, there is no rule against it. But the choke sign, all of you no that it not an act of underage! I said it during his first five games with the Cats - "HE IS THE NEXT RASHEED WALLACE!"
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Behaving like a professional athlete?

Kobe didn't rape anybody.
Aslan Wrote:Kobe didn't rape anybody.

I'm not saying he did, But the case was so screwed up its hard telling what really went down.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I'm not saying he did, But the case was so screwed up its hard telling what really went down.

We all know that Kobe Bryant don't have to rape anybody. She was just a ***** wanting to make some cash.
Aslan Wrote:We all know that Kobe Bryant don't have to rape anybody. She was just a ***** wanting to make some cash.

Maybe he is mentally screwed up from all that abuse Shaq gave him!
Kobe - 5 rings
Shaq - 4 rings
Big Grin
Lebron (had to put this) - 0
Big Grin
Aslan Wrote:Kobe - 5 rings
Shaq - 4 rings
Big Grin
Lebron (had to put this) - 0
Big Grin

Lebron is a snowman. He melts when the competition brings on the heat!
lol, I really want to punch Aslan in the face. Nothing personal brother.
vundy33 Wrote:lol, I really want to punch Aslan in the face. Nothing personal brother.

Ha! I think a lot of people feel that way, on here, and in my world. Big Grin.
Stardust Wrote:The Choke sign was banned from all sports for the last 7 years. No matter the level or the sport, this is something that is no longer acceptable at any level. Give him a pas if you like because "he is only 20 years-old", but this rule has been in existence since many of you played a sport! He knew better. Go dance on the floor like Lebron, Go yell at the refs like Kobe, there is no rule against it. But the choke sign, all of you no that it not an act of underage! I said it during his first five games with the Cats - "HE IS THE NEXT RASHEED WALLACE!"

There is no way in #### that he will end up like Rasheed Wallace. Read this article and you will see the real side of Cousins and not the stereotypical view most people have about him. http://www.state-journal.com/news/article/4953647
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:There is no way in #### that he will end up like Rasheed Wallace. Read this article and you will see the real side of Cousins and not the stereotypical view most people have about him. http://www.state-journal.com/news/article/4953647

LOL, are you kidding me?

And there are no "feel good" stories about Rasheed off the court? But while he doesn't pamper or pimp himself, he is obsessed with children and charity. Wallace heads back to the old neighborhood in the summer to run a basketball camp, where he buys every kid lunch every day. http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3336339 There are thousands of them, just Google!

Both on the court have proven to be punks! Prove otherwise!
Cousins has said in the past many times that he's a calm collected young man off the court, but on the court he's a totally different person and I don't think he cares what others think about him.

I don't think he'll become as bad as Wallace, but he is comparable.
Stardust Wrote:The Choke sign was banned from all sports for the last 7 years. No matter the level or the sport, this is something that is no longer acceptable at any level. Give him a pas if you like because "he is only 20 years-old", but this rule has been in existence since many of you played a sport! He knew better. Go dance on the floor like Lebron, Go yell at the refs like Kobe, there is no rule against it. But the choke sign, all of you no that it not an act of underage! I said it during his first five games with the Cats - "HE IS THE NEXT RASHEED WALLACE!"

thats the best avatar that you have put on here yet....
Im actually going to take up for cousins on this... He was just been a kid... T him up and go on... But dont fine hima nd bench him... however lebron dancing on the court is just him having fun as well... kobe yelling at the refs, arenas bringing a gun into the locker room is harming people... Cuz doing the chke sign and lebron dancing isntharming a thing
cuppett777 Wrote:thats the best avatar that you have put on here yet....

In all of my irreverecne, I can be reverent. :worthy:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Cousins has said in the past many times that he's a calm collected young man off the court, but on the court he's a totally different person and I don't think he cares what others think about him.

I don't think he'll become as bad as Wallace, but he is comparable.

Off the court, most of these guys have a different side to them. For the most part, these guys are good people with GREAT hearts. But on the court, it's like alcohol, some are just plain "Bad Drunks". The competition turns them into people who will do DUMB things. I like Demarcus, but he has shown those signs that he cannot control himself. Will he mature out of it? Who knows, I think it is one's personality, and you can't change it.
I think it is time to trade Cousins. They took the experiment, he can play and play very well when he is on the court and not in foul trouble.

Many teams have the luxury of being able to wait and work dilligently with a player like him but the Kings have a losing culture in the arena. They need to trade him away for someone that can act like a pro. I love DeMarcus and think he will be a superstar. I have seen 4 or 5 games this season in which he plays less than 25 minutes and has almost 20-10 games. That is insane! If he played most of the games, he might have 30-15 games!

However, when your team is a basement dweller over and over again, you need winners, professionals, and smart IQ players and coaches. D.C. is just too much trouble. If he turns it around in Sac-Town, I will be the first to say GREAT! WOO! Because the Kings will be winners. They will be good soon anyway, but to be good and have Cuz would make my day.
Cousins just needs to grow up and stop acting that way if he wants to be a good ball player he might be just 20 years old but kobe and lebron didnt even go to college and they didnt act this way but its whatever let him do what he wants aint like he is any effect to his team anyways..
NightHawk Wrote:Cousins just needs to grow up and stop acting that way if he wants to be a good ball player he might be just 20 years old but kobe and lebron didnt even go to college and they didnt act this way but its whatever let him do what he wants aint like he is any effect to his team anyways..

I get the vibe you just like hating on UK..
You needa just sit down hater.
Everyone knows the choke sign doesn't fly in pro sports.
I know he's a little younger than me....
but he should know that's an automatic fine.
zaga_fan Wrote:Everyone knows the choke sign doesn't fly in pro sports.
I know he's a little younger than me....
but he should know that's an automatic fine.

He is a grown *** man, of course he should know better.
Why would someone do the choke sign anyways lol....
If your gonna fight someone a choking sign is the dumbest thing I have heard of doing.