Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Steelers 27 Panthers 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. Steelers limit Panthers to 119 total yards!
No surprise here.
THIS was Steeler football. No Polamalu. No Aaron Smith. No problem. I loved the gameplan on defense. I just wish LeBeau would turn them loose more often. Big Ben looked good, and Ive said that in two years, Mike Wallace will be the best receiver in the NFL, and although he had a couple of miscues, he had a very solid night, and now has 1162 yards receiving on only 56 catches on the year. Running game looked decent, and the O-line played like, well...the Steeler O-line. It was GREAT to finally watch a blowout, and see us put away a team. I just wish we coulda got that shutout, but Ill take 27-3. HUGE game next week against Cleveland. Good guys win, and we're division champs, #2 seed, probably get Troy AND Aaron Smith back, and home field all the way to the AFC Championship game. The defense looked a whole lot like the '08 unit (that was in my honest opinion, the greatest defense of all time. Better than the '85 Bears, the '76 Steelers, and the '00 Ravens)..hopefully the black and gold can continue to play defense like this the rest of the season.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:THIS was Steeler football. No Polamalu. No Aaron Smith. No problem. I loved the gameplan on defense. I just wish LeBeau would turn them loose more often. Big Ben looked good, and Ive said that in two years, Mike Wallace will be the best receiver in the NFL, and although he had a couple of miscues, he had a very solid night, and now has 1162 yards receiving on only 56 catches on the year. Running game looked decent, and the O-line played like, well...the Steeler O-line. It was GREAT to finally watch a blowout, and see us put away a team. I just wish we coulda got that shutout, but Ill take 27-3. HUGE game next week against Cleveland. Good guys win, and we're division champs, #2 seed, probably get Troy AND Aaron Smith back, and home field all the way to the AFC Championship game. The defense looked a whole lot like the '08 unit (that was in my honest opinion, the greatest defense of all time. Better than the '85 Bears, the '76 Steelers, and the '00 Ravens)..hopefully the black and gold can continue to play defense like this the rest of the season.

Great post!!!

:notworthy
Well this was the first Steelers game I ever saw live and my Steelers didnt disappoint. Heinz Field is a sight to see! ANYONE who is a Steelers fan MUST see a game there at least once! You will NEVER regret it!!! Merry Christmas to everyone and GO STEELERS!!!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Well this was the first Steelers game I ever saw live and my Steelers didnt disappoint. Heinz Field is a sight to see! ANYONE who is a Steelers fan MUST see a game there at least once! You will NEVER regret it!!! Merry Christmas to everyone and GO STEELERS!!!

I went to see the Steelers at Heinz opening weekend against the Ravens in 2003. That stadium is one of the best that I have ever been to.
Jarons Wrote:I went to see the Steelers at Heinz opening weekend against the Ravens in 2003. That stadium is one of the best that I have ever been to.

I was at the old stadium several times, and it was a terrible place for a football game, just like Cincinnati's Riverfront stadium was. But the atmosphere was incredible. It more than made up for the stadium.
Stardust Wrote:I was at the old stadium several times, and it was a terrible place for a football game, just like Cincinnati's Riverfront stadium was. But the atmosphere was incredible. It more than made up for the stadium.
I think someone may be a closet Steelers fan:biggrin: