Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2011 Border Bowl Rosters....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Congrats to all players that made the roster and a big shout out to Wesley Watkins from Franklin County High School.
So Fort Campbell and Russellville are now east of I-75. Why not just open it up to the entire state?
^
They take players from schools like that when they cannot fill the roster with good talent because of players playing basketball and such.
The reason they dont wont to open it to the entire state is because there trying to get kids from rural areas exposure to recruitment.
If you opened it to the entire state, half of KY's team would be from Lex and Lville and those kids get exposure all year long. Same goes for Tenn and the Nashville, Memphis area.
There are some kids from the Knoxville area but i believe that equals out the kids Ky is getting from Northern Ky like Highlands and such.

The main reason is to try to get these kids scholarships and if it were not for this game, a lot of kids who are playing college football now wouldnt be.
Last year alone I believe 12-13 players were offered scholoarships from Cumberlands alone, as well as other NAIA schools. Carson Newman and some other really good colleges and recruiters show up for this game.
Your argument to include out of area schools does not make sense to me. Fort Campbell has been one of the highest profile programs in the state, 45 minutes from Nashville, has national publicity, and has sent a load of kids to the next level. Not saying they do not deserve to play, it is just counter to your reasons for selecting them. As much as media sports coverage has fallen off in Louisville and Lexington, there are a lot of good potentials there who get no mentions at all. There are plenty of kids in Lexington and Louisville and NKy who can and do play NAIA ball but never get their names in print or on TV all year. I dare say there are kids in eastern Kentucky (WYMT/Daily Independent/News Express/Times Tribune/etc.) who get more publicity than players in Lou/Lex. It would seem the organizers need to freshen up their eligibility guidelines. I would think that scouts for Carson Newman and Gardner Webb and whomever else comes to the game, would want to see the best unsigned players that are available. They do not really care if the kid comes from Louisville or Powell County or from the head of this or that hollow. I guess it's their bowl, they can do with it what they want.
I understand your points but its not always that simple.
The reason for this was to get Eastern Kentucky players exposure. Your right in that WYMT and other things cover mountain sports exclusively and often, however much of that never makes it farther than the day it comes out. College coaches dont take random scenic routes through Jenkins or Floyd Co. just for fun. So, they will never see much of the things going on.
There is the internet, but most of the sports articles on there are not worthy of reading.
Lville and Lex kids do get better opportunities. Nobody can argue that they dont. It's a simple fact. And its hard to argue the organizing of this game. It was started by a few EKY guys. This is what they want and its what they started. I dont see them changing much.
To me, it doesn't matter where they get the players from just as long as we BEAT TENNESSEE.:1:
bigboy26 Wrote:Why is Ft. Campbell involved in the game? I assumed by looking at the rosters this was more of an Eastern half of the state game. Ft. Campbell would actually be considered Western KY? Just curious.

Ft. Campbell, Glasgow, and Danville are WEST of I-75
Will this game be televised?
Going to be an interesting practice tonight and rest of week!!!!!!!!!!
footballfever Wrote:Going to be an interesting practice tonight and rest of week!!!!!!!!!!

Do they have snow and or ice there?
A little hint to the boys going. Take extra of everything. Take a pair of shoes for mud and then take a good pair for the game. Extra dry clean clothes also. Everything will get wet and muddy at each practice and there is no place or help in getting them clean and or even dry.
tradition Wrote:Do they have snow and or ice there?

About 5 inches snow with some ice. High of 25 today low 15 tonight. Same tomorrow.
tradition Wrote:Do they have snow and or ice there?

It is awful outside and still snowing. The road and hill outside my house is covered. My hubby stayed home from work to drive Baby J to Williamsburg (guess he didn't trust my excellent snow driving capabilities). Hopefully by the time we leave, the roads will be better.
Good luck to our Boyle County Rebels... Paul Megilligan and Tyler Priest.
I really like the talent that we have on our side this year. Id like to see this game and hope everyone stays healthy
They'll be practicing indoors for the most part. Id say the KY team will practice at Whitley and the TN team will practice at Wburg in both of the schools gyms. I believe this is even said on the website somewhere.
Im about a hundred percent sure though, that they will get some outside practice time in.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:2011 Kentucky All-Star Roster

Alex Abner Pulaski County High School Somerset
Zach Allen Harlan High School Harlan
Cody Bramlett Whitley County High School Williamsburg
Matt Britt Lafayette High School Lexington
Layton Bush Russellville High School Russellville
Jordan Calton Harlan County High School Harlan
Travis Canady Knox Central High School Corbin
Jon Combs Hazard High School Hazard
Darrell Cross Rowan County High School Morehead
Todd DeWoody Anderson County High School Lawrenceburg
Andrew Dini George Rogers Clark Winchester
Willie Dungan Southwestern High School Somerset
Tanner Gilbert Clay County High School Manchester
Scott Gilliam Knox Central High School Gray
Jack Gruenschlaeger Newport Central Catholic Fort Thomas
Ryan Hahn Highlands High School Fort Thomas
Tim Hayden Bryan Station High School Lexington
Jesse Hensley Harlan County High School Harlan
John Dudly Hilton Bell County High School Pineville
Tyler Hughes Barren County High School Glasgow
Paul Hughes Perry County Central High School Hazard
Josh Jasper Holy Cross - Covington Taylor Mill
Jontez Jones Tates Creek High School Lexington
Chris Kelly Newport Central Catholic Cold Spring
Nate Letton Lexington Catholic High School Paris
Kris Long Franklin County High School Frankfort
Ben Madon Bell County High School Pineville
Paul Megilligan Boyle County High School Danville
Darrian Miller Bryan Station High School Lexington
Deion Mullens Larry A. Ryle High School Union
Saxon Okuma Corbin High School Corbin
Tavion Parrish Glasgow High School Glasgow
Cody Perkins Williamsburg High School Williamsburg
Tre Powell Fort Campbell High School Ft. Campbell
Tyler Priest Boyle County High School Perryville
Jeffrey Pruitt Belfrey High School Matewan
Eric Raby Pineville High School Pineville
Tevin Raines Danville High School Danville
Sean Richardson Montgomery County High School Mt. Sterling
John Saylor Rockcastle County High School Brodhead
Zack Senvisky Larry A. Ryle High School Union
Michael Sherrard Scott High School Covington
Steve Sims Anderson County High School Lawrenceburg
Robert Channing Smith Sheldon Clark High School Inez
Chad Snyder Lexington Christian Academy Lexington
Austin Stepp Sheldon Clark High School Inez
Trent Tooley Monroe County High School Tompkinsville
Dillion Vickery Monroe County High School Gamaliel
Wesley Watkins Franklin County High School Frankfort
Zachary West Lexington Christian Academy Richmond
Will Whitman Lexington Catholic High School Lexington
Jerry Williams, III Henry Clay High School Lexington
Jay Willmott Scott County High School Georgetown
Jerrod Wolfe Breathitt County High School Jackson
Evan Wright Frankfort High School Frankfort

2011 Tennessee All-Star Roster

Seth Anderson Siegel High School Murfreesboro
Tucker Bolton Bradley Central Old Fort
Eli Bradley Elizabethton High School Elizabethton
Ron Durbin Gatlinburg-Pittman High School Gatlinburg
Quinn Epperly Christian Academy of Knoxville Knoxville
Keenan Evans Campbell County LaFollette
Steven Fortner Christian Academy of Knoxville Maryville
Davis Frank Grace Christian Academy Knoxville
Andrew Fritts Christian Academy of Knoxville Knoxville
Turner Haddock Friendship Christian School Lebanon
Corey Hall Dobyns Bennett High School Kingsport
Michael Hargrove Polk County High School Benton
Dehart Hubbard Chattanooga Central Chattanooga
Jacob Huesman Baylor School Signal Mountain
Zach Hughes Oak Ridge High School Oak Ridge
Josh Johnson Sevier County High School Sevierville
Vinny Jordan Boyd-Buchanan School
Taquintas Mayberry Oakland High School Murfreesboro
Ryan Mitchell Science Hill High School Johnson City
Gervell Morgan Signal Mountain High School Signal Mountain
B. J. Nowlin Riverdale High School Murfreesboro
Jared O'Farrell Oak Ridge High School Oak Ridge
Jason Puhr Blackman High School Smyrna
Kyle Riemer Bearden High School Knoxville
Zane Roberts Anderson County High School Lake City
Will Sawyer Signal Mountain High School Signal Mountain
Matt Stubbs Blackman High School Murfreesboro
Austin Tallant Alcoa High School Walland
Chris Turrentine Smyrna High School Murfreesboro
Jarread Whitehead Elizabethton High School Elizabethton
Sam Woodard Oneida High School Oneida
Taylor Wyant Siegel High School Murfreesboro

Tanner Bratton Johnson Central High School Paintsville
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Maybe because they won like 3 games combined?
Cmon man, they do have some talented players at both schools but players like Vaughn got his stats because South literally had one play and that was a QB keeper to Vaughn.
I do think North would have got Rotundi had he not been hurt.

Vaughn is nice player he got most of his yards when they moved him back to running back he also just played 8 an half games and led 5a in rushing the Lee kid was a nice player also thats about all south had but good football players.
I still don't understand why Zach Eastham of Pulaski County is not listed on the roster. I was informed that he will be playing in this game.
Tanner Bratton from Johnson Central will also be playing in this game, not sure why these two aren't listed.
I saw some big, some huge, goodlooking atheletes for KY and TN yesterday at check-in. It seemed like they boys will be well taken care of in Williamsburg. Should be an awesome game Saturday. I can't wait! GO KENTUCKY :Cheerlead
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:I saw some big, some huge, goodlooking atheletes for KY and TN yesterday at check-in. It seemed like they boys will be well taken care of in Williamsburg. Should be an awesome game Saturday. I can't wait! GO KENTUCKY :Cheerlead

Would you mind keeping us posted on how practices are going?
tradition Wrote:Would you mind keeping us posted on how practices are going?

I will try, lol. Sometimes getting information out of my son is like trying to get blood out of a turnip as they say. I did talk to him last night and he said the first practice went well he thought. He said it was very cold of course. I think they practiced at one of the Whitley County schools last night...the middle school maybe.
Who is going start at QB Jon Combs or Ben Madon?
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:I will try, lol. Sometimes getting information out of my son is like trying to get blood out of a turnip as they say. I did talk to him last night and he said the first practice went well he thought. He said it was very cold of course. I think they practiced at one of the Whitley County schools last night...the middle school maybe.

Yea, they practiced at Whitley Middle last night. Its on the same campus as the high school and if anyones ever been to Whitleys campus its the first field on the left their. Its just as nice as the high schools field and actually has the track around it.
They'll be practicing there while Tennessee players are practicing at Williamsburg High school. It's great to see this continue. Big thanks to both of these schools for contributing so much to this bowl every year.
Keep us updated BBDM.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:I will try, lol. Sometimes getting information out of my son is like trying to get blood out of a turnip as they say. I did talk to him last night and he said the first practice went well he thought. He said it was very cold of course. I think they practiced at one of the Whitley County schools last night...the middle school maybe.

I seen his interview tonight on WYMT!...he sounded horse!..I sure hope he aint sick!...He'll push through though!...tough as nails that one!....so excited to see him play!...he done very well DenMother!...I know your proud!...we all are!
I finally found it on the 11PM news. I went and watched it on their website. Jordan will represent Harlan County very well tomorrow. He's a heck of a defensive end and will be sorely missed by his high school team next year. Just an all round fantastic kid. Hope to see him playing next year on Saturdays. Best wishes to he and Center Jesse Hensely in the game. Go Kentucky!
It seems like JJ Jude is not getting enough credit...:dontthink
RedDevil Pride Wrote:It seems like JJ Jude is not getting enough credit...:dontthink

Is JJ even playing in the Border Bowl?
RedDevil Pride Wrote:It seems like JJ Jude is not getting enough credit...:dontthink

He is a junior, this is a senior only bowl.
Pages: 1 2 3