Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ohio State football players sanctioned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Five Ohio State football players, including quarterback Terrelle Pryor, must sit out the first five games of the 2011 season for accepting improper benefits, the NCAA ruled Thursday.

A sixth football player must sit out the first game in 2011 for receiving discounted services in violation of NCAA rules.

All of the players be eligible for the Jan. 4 Allstate Sugar Bowl, however.

Five players were found to have sold awards, gifts and university apparel, plus receive improper benefits in 2009. In addition to missing five games next season, Pryor, Mike Adams, Daniel Herron, Devier Posey and Solomon Thomas must repay money and benefits ranging in value from $1,000 to $2,500. The repayments must be made to a charity.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5950873
But there aloud to play in the money making bowl game!

Good going NCAA. You have once again showed us your a bunch of idiots.
Isn't there something with these players dealing with tattoos?
MisterPerfect Wrote:Isn't there something with these players dealing with tattoos?

If I remember correctly, the tattoos is a different incident. This has something to do with last years bowl game. They were selling their gifts they recieved.
Jarons Wrote:If I remember correctly, the tattoos is a different incident. This has something to do with last years bowl game. They were selling their gifts they recieved.

Oh, I had seen it on ESPN yesterday talking about Ohio State football and tattoos.

TY
This is disgraceful.
Make em sit the bowl game.
They shouldn't be allowed to play college ball again. They accept benifits and play but Enes can't? Garbage.
^^^icwutudidthur.
Truth is, every school gives its athletes illegal benefits. There's just a couple stupid ones that get caught.
They just sold some crap they earned. I wouldn't categorize it as disgraceful.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Isn't there something with these players dealing with tattoos?

Now we know what the "T" in tO$U stands for!!!!
The NCAA is so screwed up that it's not even funny.
The NCAA is full of things I cannot mention on this site. Ohio state players receiving improper benefits? Color me not shocked, there's probably some players on NFL practice squads making less than Terrelle Pryor does right now. UGH...
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The NCAA is so screwed up that it's not even funny.

:Thumbs:
Free pass for the useless nuts.