Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Manny Pacquiao to face Shane Mosley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao, unable to get even a response from Floyd Mayweather Jr. gauging his interest in a fight, instead will defend his welterweight belt against former champion Shane Mosley on May 7 in a pay-per-view fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"We came to a meeting of the minds," Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com on Tuesday night after a final meeting with Mosley and his adviser, James Prince, at the Top Rank offices in Las Vegas. "[Top Rank matchmaker] Bruce Trample says it's a very difficult fight. I believe it will be an exciting fight. Shane knows how to fight and how to deal with the speed. Manny is in for a great fight. I really believe styles make fights."

Arum said the fight will take place at the welterweight limit of 147 pounds.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/...id=5944532

It's a shame that we will not get to see my generations "Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Roberto Duran" battle. With all of the Mayweather drama, it looks like the match-up with Pacquiao will never happen. For what is left of boxing fans, this was the only fight worth plunking any money down to watch on PPV.
Isn't Mosley like 70 years old?
I believe this is their 3rd fight
So which fighter is ducking the other?
^ Mayweather
Yeah, Mayweather. I hate him.

Mosley is going to get killed.
This ones gonna get ugly for Mosley.
^

Agreed, Pac Man takes it once again.
At some point, Pac Man is going to lose focus. Do you all know he is running, and is the favorite to becoming the President of his country. He is already out shaking hands, kissing babies and making speeches.
Stardust Wrote:I believe this is their 3rd fight

I can't remember Pac Man ever fighting Mosley. May be wrong, I've kept up with Pacquiao for about 10 years now and cant remember them ever fighting.
Any dates and time would be appreciated. The only fighter that comes to mind that Pac Man has fought 3 times is Erick Morales and Pac Man is 2-1 against him.
Stardust Wrote:At some point, Pac Man is going to lose focus. Do you all know he is running, and is the favorite to becoming the President of his country. He is already out shaking hands, kissing babies and making speeches.

He was elected as a Congressman. Dought if Manny will ever see the Presidency of the Philippeans.
This is so stupid.

And Mayweather is not the one ducking Pacquiao, Mayweather agreed to every stipulation Pacquiao wanted and he still backed down.

Besides, they had their chance, blew it and now I have no desire to see Mayweather/Pacquiao fight.