Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rank the 15th region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thoughts???
my list looks like this
1. Johnson Central
2. Betsy Layne
3. East Ridge
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Belfry
6. Pikeville
7. Paintsville
8. Shelby Valley
9. Magoffin Co.
10. South Floyd
then after these teams it's a toss up.
South Floyd should be higher...And please learn how to spell...But JC and BL should be at the top of everybodys list..
Agreed BL and JC are top 2.
1.BL
2.JC
3.ER
4.SF
5.SC
These are easily the top 5 in region.. Taking into account the opponents and where the games have been played to this point.
1. Betsy Layne
2. Johnson Central
3. South Floyd
4. Winner of ER/Belfry tonight
5. Sheldon Clark
south floyd is not better than east ridge sheldon clark or belfry. i think my list has them at a good spot
I think paintsville will surprise everyone this year but its still early
Belfry0304 Wrote:1. Betsy Layne
2. Johnson Central
3. South Floyd
4. Winner of ER/Belfry tonight
5. Sheldon Clark

I agree.:Thumbs::Thumbs:
South Floyd has Cordia and Lawrence(the worst team in the 15th)

What would make anyone think that a team that is 3-5 is the third best team in the region
I remember the rankings before the season started. East Ridge was last, lol.
rankings on the high school level don't mean squat. There aint a horse that can't be rode nor a man that can't be throwed. Its hard to pick a lineup when they haven't beat'n a high profile team out of that area.
I think the 15th is noticeably weaker this year. The 16th is definitely stronger.
Belfry really has some work to do after watching them tonight. Too many fouls and turnovers (even though I feel like some of the fouls over the past 3 nights were phantom calls) and we have to work on boxing out and using the size to the advantage. Would definitely help to have had Pinson and the other kid was ruled eligible.

We'll improve as the season goes on, hopefully we're a team to beat come tournament time.

New rankings after watching tonight..

1. Betsy Layne
2. Johnson Central
3. East Ridge
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Pikeville
6. Belfry

I did not realize SF had struggled early.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Belfry really has some work to do after watching them tonight. Too many fouls and turnovers (even though I feel like some of the fouls over the past 3 nights were phantom calls) and we have to work on boxing out and using the size to the advantage. Would definitely help to have had Pinson and the other kid was ruled eligible.

We'll improve as the season goes on, hopefully we're a team to beat come tournament time.

New rankings after watching tonight..

1. Betsy Layne
2. Johnson Central
3. East Ridge
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Pikeville
6. Belfry

I did not realize SF had struggled early.

SF is 3-4, not 3-5.

They have played no home games. Lost to JC and BL at their place, had a chance to win both if they would've hit anything. They beat a top 5 or 6 team from the 16th in Greenup Co.

Lawrence Co. was in the Raceland tourney in their pool, can't pick who you wanna play, when it's not your tourney.

4 losses have came to....JC, BL, East Carter (state tourney team, with 2 or 3 starters back) and Fairview.
The Iceboxx Wrote:South Floyd has Cordia and Lawrence(the worst team in the 15th)

What would make anyone think that a team that is 3-5 is the third best team in the region

Cordia was at Cordia, contract game.

Lawrence was in a tourney, which they had no control over.

No home games yet. 3-4, not 3-5.
Johnson Centrals to lose and BL a close second.

East Ridge, Sheldon Clark and maybe Pikeville could play spoiler.
Belfry0304 Wrote:New rankings after watching tonight..

1. Betsy Layne
2. Johnson Central
3. East Ridge
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Pikeville
6. Belfry
I would agree with this ranking.
i would agree also.
Glad to see East Ridge doing well.
Weak region, but I say Belfry takes a first round loss in the state tournament.
east ridge beat belfry tonight 75 to 57.
Quarterback7 Wrote:Weak region, but I say Belfry takes a first round loss in the state tournament.

lol
It was 74-54 E.Ridge.
vundy33 Wrote:It was 74-54 E.Ridge.

kentucky.com has it 75-57 as well
JC'BL'ER'SC in my mind have set them self apart from the group so far this season.
Hmm LClion, a player is the one that told me the score and I asked him twice if he was 100% sure, lol. I forgot the scores of my games back then to though.

Whatever it is, the win was a good one.
E.ridge Wrote:east ridge beat belfry tonight 75 to 57.

Good win for you guys. We'll see you again February 4th (KHSAA lists it as away, but we played at your house last year?) Get a little more practice under the football team's belt and hopefully Pinson recovers from injury by then, and the new kid will be eligible in the next week or so. Hopefully that'd be enough for us to beat you guys cause you are TOUGH.
I will go ahead and say that Johnson Central and Betsy Layne are supposed to win it on paper, but you guys better watch out for East Ridge.
good luck to all teams.