Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Early Favorites for 2011 Mr. Football?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
it's NEVER too early to start talking football. early predictions for the best player in the bluegrass state in 2011? alot of good prospects scattered around kentucky in the class of 2012, should be a great battle for Mr.Football.
Zeke Pike - QB Dixie (SEC offers from virtually every team)

Patrick Towles - QB Highlands (could end his career with four state titles)
Travis Elliott- Ryle
^ Forgot him - good call
Zeke Pike Will Be In The Mix.

But You Cant Leave Out ,
Cameron Thomas , East Jess. Running Back - With Over 2400 Rushing Last yr.
and
Vinny Miller, Henry Clay WR/QB

both explosive , and very elusive.
J. J. Jude has to be one of the front runners. If he stays healthy, he could threaten Kentucky's all time career rushing record. A lot depends on how some of Johnson Central's young players develop in the off season.
4 good contenders mentioned...but I'll go with JJ Jude as my favorite, right now
Stardust Wrote:Zeke Pike - QB Dixie (SEC offers from virtually every team)

Patrick Towles - QB Highlands (could end his career with four state titles)

I don't think Towles dressed as a freshman because he played basketball. Still potentially quarterbacking and winning 3 state championships as a starting quarterback sounds pretty impressive. Has that ever been done?
Anthony Wales of Louisville Central has a shot to break the career rushing record as well.

Not only does he have a couple of rings, but his team ducks nobody non-district.

Plus, Mr. Football is picked by THE MEDIA. Jude has no shot compared to Towles, Pike and Wales (likely to get the Courier-Journal's vote as well as the four TV stations in Louisville).

And no, I'm not from Louisville. I can be in Bowling Green faster than I can be at the KFC Yum! Center.
Travis Elliot by far he shared run game with 2 other players & still had over 2000 rushing look for 2500 plus rushing & 30 or more Tds easy next season & he's already won all nky awards this season as top player when towels & pike weren't even mentioned & he is mr enquirer which is best of cinch & nky area... This season alone as a jr...
The davenport kid from bell should run wild this year coming. He may rack up some yards if the new coach is less conservative. Maybe get to stay in during some easy games instead of only getting to play 2 quarters. Sure there's risk to do that, but lett'um run. He could be up there with them leading rushers.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:J. J. Jude has to be one of the front runners. If he stays healthy, he could threaten Kentucky's all time career rushing record. A lot depends on how some of Johnson Central's young players develop in the off season.
So can Ace Wales( Louisville Central)
I'll have to go with Jude at this point. Granted I've only really been exposed to Southeastern and Eastern Kentucky kids. He runs harder than any I've seen.
NCC41 Wrote:I don't think Towles dressed as a freshman because he played basketball. Still potentially quarterbacking and winning 3 state championships as a starting quarterback sounds pretty impressive. Has that ever been done?

Jeff Duggins, Boyle County. '99, '00 and '01. Mr. Football in '01.

:Thumbs:
IMHO - KYMRFB 2011 is Anthony Wales' to lose, barring a realignment of the heavens.
after reviewing some stats on all these contenders, I must agree with Tica. Mr. Football in 2011 is Wales to lose. Stats are eye-popping with 2,994 yards/40 TD's in 2010, breaking the all time single season rushing record for Jefferson County. 5,429 yards/ 79 TD's in career, and 2,796 yards away from becoming the State's All Time Rushing leader. after i read the article on his stats, i looked up his sophomore year highlight film on youtube and all i can say is WOW! makes me excited to see his 2010 junior year highlight film. Another thing in Wales favor is the fact that he has the possibility of winning 3 career state titles if Central can win the title again in 2011.. Jude,Elliot,Pike,and Towles all have great shots at it too tho, all very quality HS football players. Proud of the talent in the bluegrass state!
Towles is a good bet.
Travis Elliot will win with 4 great seasons of football.
Towles is the best player on the best team. He should win it.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Towles is the best player on the best team. He should win it.

He plays for Trinity?:1:
Thomas from East Jess. and Jude from JC should get some votes.
i would go with Whales..who is looking at picking him up for college?
toolaidback Wrote:He plays for Trinity?:1:

You can make that determination after you get beat by Highlands by about the same score as your freshman team got beat by Highlands.
I like JJ Jude ALOT..... Sadens me to think though Cory Davenport could do as good or better than Jude if our new coach will let him run and run some more even against sucky opponents.
If Davenport would have been allowed to carry the ball in games where Bell was winning - he honestly would have destroyed a bunch of records this year. Jude is a bit stronger but Davenport is faster by a couple of steps.

For Mr Football, I'd say Dawson will win.
Adam Wing-Rowan County QB. He one D1 offer already and about 20 D1 schools recruiting him (UK, U of L, Mizzou and Nebraska to name a few).
2010- He ran for 600yds and 15 TD's and threw for 1800yds and 14TD's. He could be a 20 rush and 20 Pass TD guy next year.
Hatz Wrote:Jeff Duggins, Boyle County. '99, '00 and '01. Mr. Football in '01.

:Thumbs:

Thanks for the info I'm sure this hasn't been done a whole lot.
Courier Journal All-State team page on Sunday indicated Wales already has offers on the table from Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, Louisville, and Kentucky so far. I would predict the offers will continue to pile up, as his stats pile up in 2011.
Adam Wing is a nice player,He has no shot not because of his talent or performance.He is to close to Lexington and he will get no props from the Hearlad leader.They only support N.Ky kids and Louisville kids, oh and Lex Christian .I dont think Lexington had a kid mentioned on the class of the commonwealth team.Kyle Bolin at our school Put up 2300 yrds passing, 600 rushing with 30 tds 18 and 12. Put on a show in the play offs and only made honorable mention all city and played the toughest schedule in the state. That is almost double the total yards the all city first team guy had. lol So what im saying if you dont go to Christian or Henry Clay you better hope you live north or west. Good luck Adam
IMO i think the front runner should be Jude.. I honestly think that award will go to Zeke Pike, he has great size and a good arm, and he is the younger brother to former Cincy QB Tony Pike..
Pages: 1 2