Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky receiver Randall Cobb considers entering NFL draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky wide receiver Randall Cobb said deciding whether to enter this year's NFL draft has been more difficult than when he selected the Wildcats over Tennessee.

Cobb, who was picked first team All-American this week by The Associated Press, still hasn't decided. He's been talking to as many people as he can, getting opinions on his status in this year's draft.

• Ryan Clark's Big Bluegrass blog
• More UK news

“It's double, triple what I went through in recruiting as far as wanting to stay home or coming here,” said Cobb, who grew up in the Knoxville, Tenn., suburb of Alcoa.

“The only thing I can do is pray about it and let everyone give me their input.”

He said he'll take all the time he needs to make his choice until the NFL draft's early entry deadline for underclassmen on Jan. 15. The deadline comes a week after Kentucky's final game against Pittsburgh in the BBVA Compass Bowl in Birmingham, Ala.

The 5-foot-11, 186-pound junior led Kentucky with 955 yards receiving, 401 yards rushing and 12 combined touchdowns. He also threw for three scores and returned a punt for a touchdown.

Still, he said he was surprised to learn from Kentucky spokesman Tony Neely he had been selected an All-American.

“I had worked out and I came out of my workout and I came back in, I saw a call from Tony and a bunch of missed calls and 27 Twitter updates,” Cobb said. “I thought I had gotten in trouble for something.”

While some of his fellow All-Americans are great at one part of the game, Cobb said he's different because he can do a lot of different things well. Because of that, he's still unsure how his game will translate to the NFL.

With Kentucky's final exams finished and bowl practices spread out over the next three weeks, Cobb said he doesn't have anything else to do but think about his future.

“There are a lot of things that will factor in the decision,” Cobb said. “The clock's ticking. I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing and try to wait until I feel like the time's right to make the decision.”

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...Cobb-vexed
I think he will be a player similar who will have the similar impact as Antwan Randle El. I wouldn't mind if the Steelers took a chance on him in the second or third round.
Listen, we all need to find him on Facebook, and spam him saying we love him and he has to stay. Good idea ay?
Crazy amounts of spam are in order, I agree.
I'd be surprised if Cobb comes back. Sad
vundy33 Wrote:Listen, we all need to find him on Facebook, and spam him saying we love him and he has to stay. Good idea ay?

Yeah, this is probably our only hope Big Grin
I have good intel that Danny Trevathan is staying. Don't take it to the bank though.
Randall Cobb, PLEASE stay!
I don't blame Randall if he does decide to leave.

He busts his tail off each game and has won quite a few games for us basically by himself. He deserves more than what he's getting in Lexington, and nothing could be better than getting paid to do something you love.
I'd go if i was him.
I hope he stays but thats very unlikely
He uses his Twitter alot: @rcobb18
Cobb's gone my friends. I wish him well.
If I had the chance to get paid to do what I love, I would go. Gotta go while you're on top IMO. No guarantee of having the chance again.