Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 47 Knott County Central 45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Very nice win for the Golden Eagles!
Congrats JC
Good win for the 15th region.
Missing free throws killed the Patriots tonight and they quit going inside to Roberts. No one was stopping him, but they quit giving him the ball. They also didn't get anyone to hit any big shots, they might of only made 1 three that I can remember. Johnson Central came to play and Knott let them hold the ball the last 2:30 minutes of the game before they came out to D them up with the score tied. Great game to watch, big win by the 15th region.
terrible game plan down the stretch......what was kcc doing letting jc hold the ball the last 3 minutes of the game.....you only do that when your the underdog, not when your obviously the better team. WOW
Nice job JC
Who were the MVP's?
Knotts lead was 8 early in the 3rd, but you can't finish a game if you can't make foul shots.
Norm Stewert Wrote:terrible game plan down the stretch......what was kcc doing letting jc hold the ball the last 3 minutes of the game.....you only do that when your the underdog, not when your obviously the better team. WOW

Want the game tied?
The game was tied in the later part of the game when JC decided to hold the ball the final 2:30. JC had an 8 pt lead in the 2nd qtr I think then Knott fought back and took an 8pt lead early in the 2nd half. This was not a very good game either way from the sounds of the radio. JC shot the ball poorly and Knott seemed to sound like they were content with a 1/2 court game. Defensivly JC and Knott sounded to be pretty good. Early on in the seaon this is a GREAT win for a team that normally wouldn't win games liket this. Congrats JC! I think I heard JK Hall was the MVP for Central, can't remember the kids name from Knott. Can't wait to get to watch the Eagles live this year.
Knott has to many offensive weapons to have games scoring in the 40's and 50's. Playing this style plays right into the hands of Perry Central, Hazard, and even Buckhorn. Poor freethrow shooting will kill you in a slow down game.
Norm Stewert Wrote:terrible game plan down the stretch......what was kcc doing letting jc hold the ball the last 3 minutes of the game.....you only do that when your the underdog, not when your obviously the better team. WOW

I thought it was pretty smart, Knott couldn't play man to man because of Roberts being in foul trouble. So why not burn off some clock? This game reminded me of the UK, West Virginia game last year, Knott just couldn't get any 3's to fall. If one or two of those open 3's fall in the second half I think Knott goes on to a 10 point or more win. Not taking anything away from Johnson Central though they are a very good team.
I know if JC had hit 2 open threes any time during the game they would have won by eight. :blabbermo
Norm Stewert Wrote:you only do that when your the underdog, not when your obviously the better team. WOW

Must not have been too obvious to Johnson Central...
JC played a tight 2-3 zone the whole game with some pressing thrown in.. anytime they pressed it was broken quickly though. They quit going to Roberts inside because he cant make free throws and they were basically hacking him. He still managed to score though. I think he shot probably 8 free throws and didnt make one
Good win for JC.

I agree, when your the more talented team bring some pressure and go out and win the game not sit back and wait to lose. :igiveup: KCC seems to have a hard time scoring??
what a game, congrats
I snapped a few photos of the game from one side of the court.

[Image: 1131511394_b2RaG-M.jpg]

http://www.smoothphoto.com/Sports-Photos...-vs-Knott/
Some great pics! Great shot of the last play of the game, shows scoreboard and clock in the background, with a great block by the J.C. kid on Davis.
some of the post's on here seemed to think that kcc was clearly the better team. i think there was 2 great teams out there, however in the 1st half jc got a 6 point lead and in my opinion were getting ready to open it up, but sub's changed momentum of game. in the 2nd half jc comes back from 8 , i believe, and wins by 2. jc missed some free throws also. so could it be , possibly, on a given night, possibly jc may have been a better team?:please: by the way great defense can make a good team, look not so good.:1::eyeroll: