Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Got a Guitar for Xmas! Now What?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I learn to play this thing Smile

Any suggestions..
actually you can download software off of http://www.download.com to help you learn
or get these guys to help you out
http://www.thecornbreadorchestra.com/index.htm
you can get these guys to help you out, they are real good friends of mine and one is a member on here.
I told ya just come to pikeville and i'll teach ya how lol..
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I told ya just come to pikeville and i'll teach ya how lol..

You are impossible to catch up with. We were over there a couple weeks ago and tried getting hold of you. We couldnt find your number in the phone book and I left it at home.
Oh yeah i forgot to tell you i had my number changed lol... i'll pm it to you.. my laptop charger has been messed up for a few days now so i got to get a new one...
and I haven't seen you around here in forever lol..

So did you get the acoustic or electric?
i learnt how to play with books... if u really wanna learn just stop by a music shop and buy a begginer book
i would like to know how also, i took lessons once apon a time, but i was too young. i have a gibson that just sits there in the case.
do you want to sell it?
i have a fender strat... i love it
ah maybe i'll learn how to use it one day, i would really like to, i have had many offers on it tho. lol
i think the last time it was played was when thomas nelson came over and played it about 4 years ago.
yeah well you should let me come over and play it lol
Start learning scales and chords.
The best way to learn chords, I think anyway, is to learn some simple songs by your favorite bands.
Good luck!
QQ...just some advice...DON'T...you will scare everyone away with your tallent Smile
anytime ctd
u have to bring an amp
done deal blackcat75.. but you will have to help me unload it lo..
torQQue Wrote:How do I learn to play this thing Smile

Any suggestions..

tabs are your friend.
lol people always make me help lift heavy things, so i am use to it ctd. but how big is ur amp to have to have two people?? lol
I have a bass, electric, and acoustic and can't play any of them.
My dad bought an acoustic for Christmas YEARS ago, I bought the electric telling myself that I would learn to play it, and the bass was a gift from a friend and later he passed away so I have all three guitars sitting in the corner gathering dust. I can't read chords but I can read normal music..
thetribe Wrote:I have a bass, electric, and acoustic and can't play any of them.
My dad bought an acoustic for Christmas YEARS ago, I bought the electric telling myself that I would learn to play it, and the bass was a gift from a friend and later he passed away so I have all three guitars sitting in the corner gathering dust. I can't read chords but I can read normal music..

I didn't realize how difficult it was to play a guitar. The problem is not understand the notes. The problem for me is changing notes on the neck. My fingers just will not cooperate with me. Smile
i have a guitar two and i cant play it i mentioned it befor and no one wanted to teach me i think that i could learn if i had a good teacher maybe you will have to learn and teach me qq! Smile
Blackcat75 Wrote:lol people always make me help lift heavy things, so i am use to it ctd. but how big is ur amp to have to have two people?? lol

It's a marshall stack, I got the cab and head, I guess it weighs about 200lbs. all together..
I have a 12 string long neck
gibson les paul
crazytaxidriver Wrote:It's a marshall stack, I got the cab and head, I guess it weighs about 200lbs. all together..

lol well i guess we can handle it
at one time i could play smoke on the water but now i can;t hit a tune........
QQ,

here's a good place to start:

http://www.guitartabs.cc/

It may look overwhelming at first, but you'll get the hang of it.