Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Yao done for the season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just saw it on the bottom line.
This stinks! And I don't even like the Rockets!
I would venture Yao is prolly done for good. I think with the injuries he has had and now this latest set back he will decide to hang it up too bad too. Yao is good for the league.
This is the last year in his contract and it was stated earlier this year that he is retiring after the season is over.
Aslan Wrote:This is the last year in his contract and it was stated earlier this year that he is retiring after the season is over.
Well there it is...lol
When you get over the 7' 1" mark, it does not appear players can last very long. 7' 1" seems to be the magic height that you cannot go over and stay healthy in today's NBA.
^It seems everyone over 7"1' is basically a stick.
I think it's just too hard for someone of that height to run hard and workout.
A course of action is expected to be announced on Monday, and Yao is trying to remain optimistic about his future. "I haven't died," he said on Thursday. "Right now I'm drinking a beer and eating fried chicken. What were you expecting, a funeral?"

I laughed. Yao is a cool dude.
Yao Dominated the League when he was healthy.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Yao Dominated the League when he was healthy.

:Thumbs:
geauxtigers75 Wrote:A course of action is expected to be announced on Monday, and Yao is trying to remain optimistic about his future. "I haven't died," he said on Thursday. "Right now I'm drinking a beer and eating fried chicken. What were you expecting, a funeral?"

I laughed. Yao is a cool dude.

This is hilarious.
Stardust Wrote:When you get over the 7' 1" mark, it does not appear players can last very long. 7' 1" seems to be the magic height that you cannot go over and stay healthy in today's NBA.
I dunno about that. Shaq, Ewing, Olajuwon, Abdul-Jabar, Parrish all had long successful careers and they played in the NBA when it was more physical. Today's NBA is not near as tough as it was in the 80's or 90's.

Yao was just simpley over worked. 82 regular season games plus the playoffs in the NBA, then he had to go back and play for the national team in China. He never got time to rest during the offseason. Basketball can take a toll on the body if you dont get time to rest especially if your body is 7'5" and over 300 pounds.
Amun-Ra, were the people you mentioned OVER 7'1"?

I think he was referring to people like Yao, Oden, Rick Smits, Shawn Bradley, Manute Bol, etc...
LWC Wrote:Amun-Ra, were the people you mentioned OVER 7'1"?

I think he was referring to people like Yao, Oden, Rick Smits, Shawn Bradley, Manute Bol, etc...
No not all was 7'1". Sorry.

Shaq 7'1"
Pat Ewing 7'1"
Hakeem Olajuwon 7'0"
Robert Parish 7'0"
Kareem Abdul-Jabar 7'2"

BTW Rik Smits was 7'4", played 12 seasons, averaged a double double and was an All-Star. So he doesn't fit in his example either.

Also Mark Eaton was 7'4' and had a very good career with the Jazz.