Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Donovan McNabb Benched
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, I've now lost a lot of respect for Mike Shanahan.

Do you all believe he should've been benched? To me it's a huge NO!
Congratulations to Mike Shanahan. You are now the most inept and clueless football coach in the NFL! Get out of there and come to Pittsburgh, Donovan. There is a nice #2 slot waiting for you on our depth chart Big Grin
Oops! Can someone move this thread to the Pro Sports Forum?

I apologize! :biggrin:
Didn't they just extend his contract and throw more money at him? I would sit on the bench for millions of guaranteed cash Big Grin
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Congratulations to Mike Shanahan. You are now the most inept and clueless football coach in the NFL! Get out of there and come to Pittsburgh, Donovan. There is a nice #2 slot waiting for you on our depth chart Big Grin

Ben may end the season on the "permanently unable to play" list if he takes any more damage, thus Donovan could be the #1 guy then:biggrin:
Aslan Wrote:Didn't they just extend his contract and throw more money at him? I would sit on the bench for millions of guaranteed cash Big Grin

They never do that on my job!
Stardust Wrote:Ben may end the season on the "permanently unable to play" list if he takes any more damage, thus Donovan could be the #1 guy then:biggrin:

He's a warrior! He takes lickens and keeps on ticken.

:biggrin:
Mark Sanchez has been playing worse then Donovan has. Sanchez hasn't had a TD since thanksgiving. But is he being benched? No, because you stick with your #1 QB and you have trust that he will get out of his slump and do what you know he can do. So I do believe McNabb should be left in the starting line-up. And MS should have faith in his sure to be HALL OF FAME QB. And give him to to get out of his slump.
I've never been a Donovan fan, but I don't think he should be benched.
Especially when you have Rex Grossman at the #2 spot.
However, it was mentioned in his contract that he can be cut without pay at the end of this season.
MisterPerfect Wrote:He's a warrior! He takes lickens and keeps on ticken.

:biggrin:

He gives lickens and keeps on ticken Smile

Mike Shanahan lost all faith in his team when he benched Mcnabb the first time on the last drive of the game and his backup turned the ball over the very first play.
Does Shanahan have a Messiah complex? He must think that he poops gold!
LWC Wrote:Does Shanahan have a Messiah complex? He must think that he poops gold!

He is an idiot. Along with Jeff fisher.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He is an idiot. Along with Jeff fisher.

You think Jeff Fisher is an idiot?
Aslan Wrote:You think Jeff Fisher is an idiot?

Yes i do Smile, Yourself?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Yes i do Smile, Yourself?

IMO he's one of the best coaches in the league. He's maintained success all these years without the most talented teams.
Aslan Wrote:IMO he's one of the best coaches in the league. He's maintained success all these years without the most talented teams.

15 years as a head coach

5 total playoff wins
3 playoff wins came in 1999

That means, in his other 14 years he has 2 playoff wins.

9 season of .500 or less
no playoff wins since 2003
3 division titles in 15 years
3 last place finishes in 15 years
5 next to last place finishes in 15 years
Although i don't agree with the Mcnabb benching. I wouldn't doubt Shanahans decisions just yet. If I'm not mistaken he created one of the best quarterbacks of all time..can anyone say John Elway? And correct me if I'm wrong because i'm not positive, but he also drafted Jay Cutler. Cutler's a good quarterback. He could start for my team anyday. So this Shanahan guy knows what he's doing.
Well Rex Grossman looked like a pretty good QB over the weekend.
4TDs but a couple of INTs
Maybe Mike is on to something
Did anyone notice that McNabb was still a Team Captain during the coin toss? Why make your Team Captain a 3rd stringer?
^Didn't notice that.
I think captains are picked at the start of the year and they don't change them.
I think all that grap mcnabb talked he had it coming...mike isn't coach "daddy" Reid and he is finding that out. Just like someone has already said mike don't look so dumb now.
^I'll never lose respect for Shanahan as he had some really good years in Denver.

Anyone have any ideas as to where McNabb will end up?
Greatness Wrote:Although i don't agree with the Mcnabb benching. I wouldn't doubt Shanahans decisions just yet. If I'm not mistaken he created one of the best quarterbacks of all time..can anyone say John Elway? And correct me if I'm wrong because i'm not positive, but he also drafted Jay Cutler. Cutler's a good quarterback. He could start for my team anyday. So this Shanahan guy knows what he's doing.

Developed Elway? Are you for real? Do realize Shanahan wasn't their head coaching until 1995? Elways career started in 1983, and led the Broncos to the Super Bowl in 1986, 1987, & 1989 under the direction of Dan Reeves. While I respect Shanahan for what he done in Denver, I think he's an idiot to bench McNabb & would gladly take him in Cincy!!!
The Blue Blur Wrote:Developed Elway? Are you for real? Do realize Shanahan wasn't their head coaching until 1995? Elways career started in 1983, and led the Broncos to the Super Bowl in 1986, 1987, & 1989 under the direction of Dan Reeves. While I respect Shanahan for what he done in Denver, I think he's an idiot to bench McNabb & would gladly take him in Cincy!!!

Elway never won a Super Bowl until 1997 & 1998, under Shanahan. So, maybe it was Shanahan that was able to get Elway over-the-hump.
Stardust Wrote:Elway never won a Super Bowl until 1997 & 1998, under Shanahan. So, maybe it was Shanahan that was able to get Elway over-the-hump.

Point given, point taken!!!