Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski County @ Boyle County 12/17/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is Pulaski County going to be able to make it up to Boyle County for the game tonight? Does anyone know if they have made a decision if they will travel tonight? The roads are fine in Boyle County. If they don't come will it be rescheduled for tomorrow?
Nevermind. No game. Trying to reschedule.

Weak.
If there is no school... no travel. It's common sense!
Forever Maroon Wrote:If there is no school... no travel. It's common sense!

We have played multiple games on snow days. Most recently our East Jessamine game. We traveled to Pulaski County during a snowstorm that dropped 2-3 inches so you can use whatever excuse you want. We ain't scared to continue on with our lives when bad weather strikes, the roads were fine by 9am and we practiced today since Pulaski County doesn't want none.
Want none?!! It's a rule in Pulaski County School system. No school... NO TRAVEL! It's not worth risking the lives of students over a basketball game. Nobody afraid of anybody. I'm sure the game will get re-scheduled and these teams will play.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Want none?!! It's a rule in Pulaski County School system. No school... NO TRAVEL! It's not worth risking the lives of students over a basketball game. Nobody afraid of anybody. I'm sure the game will get re-scheduled and these teams will play.

I was told the roads in Somerset are clear. Did everyone in Somerset stay home today? Did the town shut down? If not, I say play. I get tired of the entire state of Kentucky shutting down over bad weather. It doesn't stop anything in the northern states at all and here we are going through the end of the world because people can't drive the speed limit. Makes me sick.
:Angry07::wtf1::booo:
Pulaski played today though........but couldn't play last night.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Pulaski played today though........but couldn't play last night.
Ok, the truth is, Pulaski is absolutely terrified of Boyle!! Going to run from them all they can. Would rather go play #5 in the state, Ballard, than play Boyle. That what you want to hear? That make you feel better? You want to come to Pulaski County, become AD, Principal, or Superintendent? Then you can make those decisions. Just stating facts earlier... NO SCHOOL... NO TRAVEL!! Game with Ballard was on a Saturday and the team was allowed to travel. Again... It comes down to Pulaski just shivering in their boots and not wanting to play mighty Boyle basketball team.

What a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forever Maroon Wrote:Ok, the truth is, Pulaski is absolutely terrified of Boyle!! Going to run from them all they can. Would rather go play #5 in the state, Ballard, than play Boyle. That what you want to hear? That make you feel better? You want to come to Pulaski County, become AD, Principal, or Superintendent? Then you can make those decisions. Just stating facts earlier... NO SCHOOL... NO TRAVEL!! Game with Ballard was on a Saturday and the team was allowed to travel. Again... It comes down to Pulaski just shivering in their boots and not wanting to play mighty Boyle basketball team.

What a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no school on Saturday and you traveled. There is no school for the next two weeks but you'll travel. The roads were fine Friday. You should have came up then. That's all. Take it how you want. Say what you want. Lame excuses is all I hear. You should have came. We came to you in the snow. You guys could have came the day after the snow. Scared or not. You could have came. I think it isn't so much as scared but more laziness which like I mentioned earlier is the problem with this whole state when the roads get a little snow or ice on them. That's all right though. We'll earn your respect one way or another. I'd rather my team be as fresh as possible to take on the number 5 team in the state as well. Good decision by your Coach, AD, Principal and Superintendent. You guys almost pulled off an upset.
Boyle Co fan
First off I am a supporter of Southwestern High School so I really dont have a dog in this fight. But believe me, your game with Pulaski was not called off by the team. I am sure the PC team was just as disappointed as you guys were, that the game wasn't played. It is Frustrating for all when games get canceled and the roads are clear. However with this administrations policy if school gets called off then the busses will not go on extra curricular trips. Saturday and next week the Pulaski County School System is not in session so therefore school will not be called off and the teams will not be breaking policy by traveling.
If you think this policy is stupid then get in line behind a lot of folks in our system but it is what it is.

By the way SWHS cancelled a home game with Monticello last week. But the roads were clear enough for Wayne County to travel to Lincoln County though. Go Figure. And I can tell you for a fact, that it was cancelled to the dismay of both the boys and girls teams at SWHS.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Boyle Co fan
First off I am a supporter of Southwestern High School so I really dont have a dog in this fight. But believe me, your game with Pulaski was not called off by the team. I am sure the PC team was just as disappointed as you guys were, that the game wasn't played. It is Frustrating for all when games get canceled and the roads are clear. However with this administrations policy if school gets called off then the busses will not go on extra curricular trips. Saturday and next week the Pulaski County School System is not in session so therefore school will not be called off and the teams will not be breaking policy by traveling.
If you think this policy is stupid then get in line behind a lot of folks in our system but it is what it is.

By the way SWHS cancelled a home game with Monticello last week. But the roads were clear enough for Wayne County to travel to Lincoln County though. Go Figure. And I can tell you for a fact, that it was cancelled to the dismay of both the boys and girls teams at SWHS.

I know. Just voicing my displeasure at the policy and giving Marron fan a hard time. I would hope no team would want a canceled game. The Boyle/Pulaski game was rescheduled for January 10(weather permitting obviously). I just know that district games always get first priority when it comes to rescheduling and I was really looking forward to seeing how we fare against Pulaski County since they have been anointed the best team in the region. Hopefully we'll find out on January 10th. I was worried that rescheduling the game wouldn't be done with much concern.

Do they practice at Pulaski on snow days?
Teams do practice on days school is called off.

No body wants to put kids lives at stake, by putting them on a bus with icy roads. That is a no brainer. But that policy that if school is called off then no busses can be used is not a very good policy. Common sence should be used to make a decision, on an individual basis. Pulaski county is a large county with alot of side roads. Sometimes (days later) after a big snow the back roads are still dangerous but the main roads are clear and school still gets cancelled. (I think that was the deal the other day. ) I am on your side that the game should have been played, could have been played, without any risk to the teams safety, because HWY 27 and 50 were clear. But my point is I would bet the PC team and fans were just as disappointed as you guys were.

Why I think that policy is stupid is that there are days that SWHS could travel with very little risk to Wayne County, McCreary County etc...But at the same time it would be dangerous to travel to Casey county. So a game with Wayne could be played but a game with Casey should be cancelled. Thats why commen sense should be used instead of policy.

The good news for me is that I might be able to watch the Boyle PC make up game next month.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Teams do practice on days school is called off.

No body wants to put kids lives at stake, by putting them on a bus with icy roads. That is a no brainer. But that policy that if school is called off then no busses can be used is not a very good policy. Common sence should be used to make a decision, on an individual basis. Pulaski county is a large county with alot of side roads. Sometimes (days later) after a big snow the back roads are still dangerous but the main roads are clear and school still gets cancelled. (I think that was the deal the other day. ) I am on your side that the game should have been played, could have been played, without any risk to the teams safety, because HWY 27 and 50 were clear. But my point is I would bet the PC team and fans were just as disappointed as you guys were.

Why I think that policy is stupid is that there are days that SWHS could travel with very little risk to Wayne County, McCreary County etc...But at the same time it would be dangerous to travel to Casey county. So a game with Wayne could be played but a game with Casey should be cancelled. Thats why commen sense should be used instead of policy.

The good news for me is that I might be able to watch the Boyle PC make up game next month.

I understand your point. I am sure the boys were disappointed it was called off. I think we beat them on their court last year so they probably want to return the favor. I agree, common sense should be used and when the roads are cleared, play the game. I hope the policy gets revisited and common sense is added into it. Case by case basis.
:Thumbs:

PC looked good today. They are fast. The Gover kid gets better every game out.