Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: If you were starting a team today.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who would you build your team around?

Who would be that ONE player you would choose?

Also, who would be one veteran player that you would have on your team for guidance and ONE season to play. (For example, if you are choosing a QB, maybe you bring in Peyton Manning for one season to play and show a player like Matt Stafford how to be a pro and etc....)

Finally, who would be your coach?

This can be any sport. If there in interest, a thread for each of the major sports can be started.
In basketball, to start a franchise around I would take Dwight Howard for sure, hes young, athletic, and hes only going to get better. And probably get Larry brown to coach.

Football, the QB I would want to have is Matt Ryan, hes got so many great years left in him, and you don't really need to bring anybody in to coach him up, hes great right now, and young, hes got a lot more great years in him.
NBA wise you can't go wrong with Kevin Durant. A good veteran player to have by his side for one year would be Kobe Bryant because he knows what it takes to win titles. My coach would have to be Phil Jackson..Who wouldn't want a coach with that many rings?
Go 2-Kevin Durant
Vet-Dirk Nowitzki
Head Coach-Coach K.
Football, I would build my team around Tom Brady. He's the best player in the game and he has quite a few years left. Also, he don't have to have an all star receiving cast like Peyton Manning to get the job done. Keep BB as his coach, and bring Harrison over from the Steelers to show the D how to work as an unstoppable unit!
Basketball, Kevin Durrant. Best young player in the game and top 5 player overall. I like MVP2's idea of bringing Dirk in. Coach- Greg Popavich. He's a very underrated coach and is overshadowed by Phil Jackson.
BTW I like this thread LWC.
MLB
Go to-Josh Hamilton
Vet- Derek Jeter
Manager- Jim Leyland

NBA
Go to- Kevin Durant
Vet- Kobe Bryant
Coach- Phil Jackson

NFL
Go to- Peyton Hillis
Vet- Tom Brady
Coach- Mike Tomlin
NBA
Go to- Kevin Durrant
Vet-KG
Coach- Phil Jackson.
MLB
Go 2-Joey Votto
Vet-Albert Puljos
Manger-Terry Francona

NFL-
Go 2-Andre Johnson
Vet-Peyton Manning
HC-Mike Tomlin
Go To: Andre Johnson WR Texans
Vet: Tom Brady
Coach: Bill Belicek
Stardust Wrote:Go To: Andre Johnson WR Texans
Vet: Tom Brady
Coach: Bill Belicek

THAT would be GREAT! WOO!
I like Tidehosses format:

MLB
Go to- David Price
Vet- Derek Jeter
Manager- Rod Gardenhire

NBA
Go to- As much as I hate to say it: Lebron James
Vet- Kobe Bryant
Coach- Phil Jackson

NFL
Go to- Sam Bradford
Vet- Tom Brady
Coach- Bill Bellicheck

NHL
Go to- Sidney Crosby
Vet- Martin Broduer(sp?)
Coach- Scotty Bowman
MLB:
Albert Pujols-Vet
Joey Votto
Jim Leyland Manager
NFL:
Tom Brady-Vet
Colt McCoy
Bill Bellick Coach
MLB
Go to-Josh Hamilton
Vet- Mariano Rivera
Manager- Jim Leyland

NBA
Go to- Blake Griffiin
Vet- Kobe Bryant
Coach- Phil Jackson

NFL
Go to- Tim Tebow(Yep)
Vet- Brett Favre(Yep)
Coach- Bill Belichick
NBA I would take Doc Rivers as my coach. As my player to build around, it owuld have to be Kevin Durant. The veteran player to go with him would be Kevin Garnett... Durant would be amazing with a veteran big man like garnett
NFL:
Go To - Colt McCoy
Vet - Peyton Manning
Coach - Bill Belichick

NBA:
Go To - Derrick Rose
Vet - Paul Pierce
Coach - Phil Jackson
Douglas Mullins Wrote:In basketball, to start a franchise around I would take Dwight Howard for sure, hes young, athletic, and hes only going to get better. And probably get Larry brown to coach.

Football, the QB I would want to have is Matt Ryan, hes got so many great years left in him, and you don't really need to bring anybody in to coach him up, hes great right now, and young, hes got a lot more great years in him.

lol man, you read my mind about Matt Ryan.

He would be my first pick as well, and he was this morning in my Fantasy Draft Franchise on Madden, lol. He's got a strong arm, can throw on the move and can scramble. He's accurate and he's still young.

The coach...hmm. I think I'd have to go Bill Belichick. He's just great at developing quarterbacks, managing consistent seasons and he's still got plenty of good years in him.
NFL
Tom Brady
No VET needed
Sean Payton

NBA
Dwight Howard
Kobe Bryant
Avery Johnson