Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What happened to Greenup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was really looking forward to seeing Greenup clean house in this area! I think they have more over all talent on this team and the size is awesome, is there any hope for these guys getting on track and winning like they should be doing?
Greenup's season was lost last year during the coaching search. Then very little work in the spring and even less work in the summer done by the coaching staff. Top it off by running off every guard in a guard weak program and that sums it up. Sad thing is that the administration doesnt care. The power brokers have sacrificed this group to get what they wanted for the future. Hopefully things will turn around. You will not find a nicer bunch of kids than what you have at Greenup. Yet this will be their lasting memory of high school.
You can blame 99.9% of the problems on the iceman, his family, and the bunch thats around on them. That family has destroyed the last 5-7 years of GC basketball. What a freakin joke the article in the Sunday paper. Getting that written must have cost them at least a full page ad somewhere.
jakelegg Wrote:You can blame 99.9% of the problems on the iceman, his family, and the bunch that sucks around on them. That family has destroyed the last 5-7 years of GC basketball. What a freakin joke the article in the Sunday paper. Getting that written must have cost them at least a full page ad somewhere.

You hit the nail on the head with a sledge hammer. And that article in the paper was the biggest bunch of crap that has been written by ADI so far. I guarantee you it cost something to get that put in there. All I can say is Candy Berry better watch out cause it sounds like someone is wanting "HIS" cheerleading squad back or might force it to go co-ed for some ex-basketball players. :Cheerlead
KyBlue Wrote:You hit the nail on the head with a sledge hammer. And that article in the paper was the biggest bunch of crap that has been written by ADI so far. I guarantee you it cost something to get that put in there. All I can say is Candy Berry better watch out cause it sounds like someone is wanting "HIS" cheerleading squad back or might force it to go co-ed for some ex-basketball players. :Cheerlead

You guys got that right!!! Let me tell you whats happened. The iceman is taking some heat for this past year and the article Sunday was just an effort at damage control. The "ole ratkiller" thinks Mark Maynard will get a nice Christmas gift from the iceman. That family cant get any love without buying it or bullying someone for it. I for one would like to say that Tricity Ice tastes like pure frozen Rocky Mountain spring water Smile. Its time to take out the trash at GC.
Hopefully the season won't be a complete lose and they'll get things going in the right direction when it really counts. I am a Raceland supporter but when we are not playing Russell or Greenup I like seeing them make the county look good, and I have watched this bunch for a while and was really excited for them this year. I really thought this bunch would be like Elliott's bunch was.
Kudos to those that stand up for themselves!
:CheerleadAs I mentioned in the East Carter/Greenup thread, the schedule in Jan & Feb leads to what should be a 13-2 finish, if the kids are just allowed to play YMCA type ball.

Then Dunaway :ChairHit:can puff out his chest and claim he made a great hire. Greenup does not play Elliott or Rowan Co and should make it to Morehead this year, on the superior athletes alone.

As long as they don't draw Ashland, Elliott or Rowan @ Morehead, they should win one there also.

That principal knew what he was doing,:eyeroll: with this year's schedule at least.:biggrin: In the upcoming Raceland Derby Classic they have three games, Lawrence Co, South Floyd and Fairview. They should easily win two and probably all three. In January, Things get even easier:

Jan 4, 11 Morgan County home

7:30 PM
Jan 7, 11 Raceland away

Jan 13, 11 Boyd County home

Jan 14, 11 Lewis County home

Jan 18, 11 Ashland Blazer away

Jan 20, 11 East Carter away

Jan 22, 11 Menifee County away

Jan 25, 11 Fairview away

Jan 28, 11 Russell away

Feb 4, 11 Raceland home

Feb 5, 11 West Carter away

Feb 8, 11 South Point, OH away

Feb 11, 11 Boyd County away

Feb 15, 11 Rose Hill Christian away

Feb 17, 11 Lawrence County home

I hope the duck is right about the schedule after Christmas. After watching the Muskies sit in a zone with SF firing away from the outside yesterday I have my doubts that we can beat any team that can play any at all. The power brokers should be so proud of their work. Another season lost to politics.
jakelegg Wrote:I hope the duck is right about the schedule after Christmas. After watching the Muskies sit in a zone with SF firing away from the outside yesterday I have my doubts that we can beat any team that can play any at all. The power brokers should be so proud of their work. Another season lost to politics.

Like I said Jake, don't worry yet. They play Lawrence today and I believe they can handle any of the three teams they might play from the other bracket of the Classic. That's 3-1 in this years much softer than usual Derby Classic.

Then, things just get easier next month. They could sit a box of :popcorn:in the coaches chair and finish the year in a good position for the regional. Good luck to the Muskies. They really do have a great group of kids.:Thumbs: Stephenson and Williams could have really been great and they should both still finish strong.