Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Patrick Patterson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Houston Rockets need to wise up. Why aren't they using him more often?
It reminds me of when Jodie Meeks was with the Bucks. They had no idea of how to use him. Meeks is helping the Sixers now to get better. I believe some team needs to trade for Patterson and use him. What are your thoughts on this?
There were trade talks with the Kings that would have sent Cousins to Houston and Patterson to the Kings.

I thought it would be great for both because Jason Thompson and Samuel Dalembert could play the 5 for Sacramento and P-Pat could play the 4. Instead the Kings have 3 Centers and a SF that plays PF in Carl Landry.

I wish this trade would have happened.
I don't think there were really ever talks. I thought both sides said this was not a real deal.

Anyways I never thought he should have went to the Rockets. They are set really at the forward position. Plus with Yao back that moves Chuck back to the 4 to rest Scola and lets face it, Patterson is not going to get time above those two. Houston and thier fans love them both.

I though Patterson would have been better going to Utah or Indiana.
Indiana would be a great fit.
IMO he's on a team that simply has too many big men for him to be used effectively.
Even if they were desperate to get him some PT they would be better off using what they have.
Someone could definitely use him, but I don't think anyone is going to give anything up for him.
IMO the only way for him to get out of Houston is to get cut or let his contract run out.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I don't think there were really ever talks. I thought both sides said this was not a real deal.

Anyways I never thought he should have went to the Rockets. They are set really at the forward position. Plus with Yao back that moves Chuck back to the 4 to rest Scola and lets face it, Patterson is not going to get time above those two. Houston and thier fans love them both.

I though Patterson would have been better going to Utah or Indiana.

I agree, I think it was a bad fit for Patrick. They are loaded at that position, which tells me the Rockets have been waiting to see if indeed Yao can come back. If not, I expect either Hayes or Scola to get moved to bring in a decent Center. If one of those two get moved, it would give Pat an opportunity. If Yao makes a comeback this season, then it is likely that you will see Houston send him someplace for a guard.
Would have liked Patterson to have stayed one more year at Kentucky
Stardust Wrote:I agree, I think it was a bad fit for Patrick. They are loaded at that position, which tells me the Rockets have been waiting to see if indeed Yao can come back. If not, I expect either Hayes or Scola to get moved to bring in a decent Center. If one of those two get moved, it would give Pat an opportunity. If Yao makes a comeback this season, then it is likely that you will see Houston send him someplace for a guard.

I believe Yao has announced he is retiring after this season.
BondJamesBond Wrote:Would have liked Patterson to have stayed one more year at Kentucky

I believe anyone would have!

:biggrin:
Philly would be a great fit for Patterson!
Aslan Wrote:I believe Yao has announced he is retiring after this season.

Better check your sources again:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5918662
OffTheHook Wrote:Better check your sources again:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5918662

That article just said that he's coming back when the Rockets clear him to play, nothing about his future basketball endeavors.
One of the first Rocket games this year, Mark Jackson or Van Gundy said this was his last season.