Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lid up or Down?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had an issue since I was young with the toilet bowl lid!

4 girls vs 2 boys....should the lid be put down after they went or should it be the persons responsibility of the next user to put it down?

On the other hand Should a girl lift the lid when they are finished for the next guy?

What are the rules you use?

What do you prefer?

Any accidents?

Lid up or down?
Don't matter to me I'll adjust the lid as I see fit. And I personally think everyone should. It's senseless to argue about it lol
If it's up and I need it down I put it down. If it's down and I need it up I put it up. Pretty simple solution to me. Smile
Midee1 Wrote:If it's up and I need it down I put it down. If it's down and I need it up I put it up. Pretty simple solution to me. Smile

Ditto. I think it's more an issue that is discussed by women than men. Men don't care, which is THE reason women get upset!
Stardust Wrote:Ditto. I think it's more an issue that is discussed by women than men. Men don't care, which is THE reason women get upset!

Didn't i read in another thread that you were HAPPILY married.

Your wife finds this post and SD will have a very UNhappy christmas. LOL
Midee1 Wrote:Didn't i read in another thread that you were HAPPILY married.

Your wife finds this post and SD will have a very UNhappy christmas. LOL

You fix that midee1, by putting in your own bathroom in the basement!:biggrin:
What has BGR come to? lol
Just take the lid off. Solves all of your problems, plus gives you a nice chuckle at 4am when your wife goes to sit down and you hear a splash followed by profanity.
I used to say if you want it down then put it down. I mean if I gotta go #2 and the lids up its not a big deal for me to drop it.
Then I had a baby girl. The first time she went through it during the night I made an obligation to myself to always put it back down.
csabo17 Wrote:I used to say if you want it down then put it down. I mean if I gotta go #2 and the lids up its not a big deal for me to drop it.
Then I had a baby girl. The first time she went through it during the night I made an obligation to myself to always put it back down.

Daughters every where salute you!...Confusedalute:
Midee1 Wrote:If it's up and I need it down I put it down. If it's down and I need it up I put it up. Pretty simple solution to me. Smile

Same here!

:biggrin:
This was such a huge subject for me growing up....there was 3 of us sisters and 1 brother...Dude left the lid up continualy and we were always fallin in or sitting on dripings (Cause evedentally aim takes time to perfect or he was a lazy JERK)

Finally we got together and decided that if this continued we were gonna beat the crap out of him when he turned 14!....Unfortunately...He had a growth spurt that year and bulked up playing football!....he could totally defend himself!....However...he took the threat to heart and started lowering the lid!

We decided the house rule was..majority rules!.....If girls are in the majority > lid goes down!.....if boys are in the majority > lid goes up!
BCF4L Wrote:Just take the lid off. Solves all of your problems, plus gives you a nice chuckle at 4am when your wife goes to sit down and you hear a splash followed by profanity.
:lmao:

Stardust Wrote:You fix that midee1, by putting in your own bathroom in the basement!:biggrin:

:Thumbs:
As far as accidents go....while potty training my son the lid fell down on the little guy!...it was awful!...he cried!...I cried!..He is 3 now and still won't let us lift the lid!...I know that a boy needs to learn to stand, but I'm in need of some help!...I want to do right by him!...Any suggestions?...Seriously!
Got keep the lid up!
If not...when my American Bulldog goes and gets a drink....let's just say you might as well bring a towl with ya!
OffTheHook Wrote:Got keep the lid up!
If not...when my American Bulldog goes and gets a drink....let's just say you might as well bring a towl with ya!

:lmao:
I believe in equal rights for women, so if i have to lift it they should have to put it down. LOL.... I say this because a lady i use to work with hounded me all the time about it, but she also preached equality for women. I told her i didnt want to offend her by putting it down. I supported her equal treatment LOL...
OK just saw the thread again and it just dawned on me. We ALL need the LID up to go or we will make a really bad mess! The SEAT on the other hand....that should be the up or down debate! I'm surprised someone didn't catch this earlier...lol.
OffTheHook Wrote:OK just saw the thread again and it just dawned on me. We ALL need the LID up to go or we will make a really bad mess! The SEAT on the other hand....that should be the up or down debate! I'm surprised someone didn't catch this earlier...lol.

You married? The Lid is absolutely part of this debate! You are right, seat is what gives you the cold tail, but a woman cares if the lid is up!
Lid stays down,it helps to keep the odor in.lol
OK Lid and Seat down.
Does anyone else think it's funny that "Thewiz" commented in my potty thread?...LOL

Thanks buddy!....Watch your mouth next time though!....or I'll wash it out with soap and take you to the wood shed for a good Whoopin!