Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cincinnati Aiken 72 - Holmes 71
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
This game can be seen on nkysports.com for those who want to see Holmes and Coach Booher.

This is a tough loss to swallow. Holmes led by around 5-8 the entire game up until the 2 minute mark of the 4th quarter when a Holmes turnover led to an easy steal and lay up to give Aiken a 2 point lead at 68-66.

Aiken would make 1 of 2 free throws after a Holmes missed shot, to make it 69-66, but a Jaleel Gray drive and jumper in the lane cut the deficit to 1 at 69-68. Holmes would foul Aiken with 20 second left and they made 1 of 2 to put the Falcons lead at 70-68.

Booher would then call a timeout and Holmes answered. Dogs drove down the court then kicked it out to sophomore Quan Palmer who hit a HUGE 3 pointer with 9 seconds left on the clock to give the Dogs a 1 point lead.

Aiken came down the floor,missed three shots, but won just as time expired on a tip back with 0.1 seconds on the clock. Game over.

Aiken is just outside the top 5 in the Cincinnati Division I team so this was a great showing by Holmes and they actually should've won. Dogs won't see another team with the type of speed, athleticism, and quickness of Aiken.

This game give me more confidence that Holmes has a legit shot at winning the region this year as an underdog.

Scoring:

Aiken (2-1): F. Thompson 9 0 18, Grimes 8 9 25, Moore 4 0 8, Robertson 0 2 2, Primus 2 2 6, Gaulden 2 0 5, M. Thompson 2 0 4. Hicks 1 2 4. Totals 28 15 72.

Holmes (2-1): Knox 7 4 18, Gray 4 7 15, Rice 6 0 13, Hayes 4 2 10, Mayfield 3 0 7, Palmer 2 0 5, Lewis 1 1 3. Totals 27 14 71.

Aiken 18 17 15 22 -72
Holmes 20 18 18 15 -71

3-pointers: A 1 (Gaulden). H 3 (Rice, Mayfield, Palmer).
Good to see Rice with a good game
Aiken is outside the top 10 in Cincinnati D1. I know and I also have two cousins that play for Aiken. Still a good showing for a young Holmes squad.
Sounds like a really exciting game!! I think that Booher is getting his feel for how competitive it is up in northern Ky. Good showing against such a tough opponent!
Jason Booher will have his team ready come tournament time, he has the talent and they will jell once they get used to the uptempo style. I like what i see.
The coach has the players to run an uptempo style and they will only get better. Never ever understood why the last coach wanted a slow tempo with the athletes he had?? It was very puzzling and cost them some games.( He did win a ton of games and a state title, so hard to criticize.). Just thought they were even better than what they showed.