Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Snow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
whats everybody think of the snow weve been getting?
I personally dont mind the snow, and now the weather channel is saying we could get 3-4 inches by the end of the day tomorrow down here in far southeastern ky.
I'm fortunate enough to live on a road that gets salted right away and never have problems making it to town, however id say thats not the case with every poster.
Whats problems do you encounter with the snow?
Snow really doesn't effect me directly. But got family and friends who I can't visit when the snow gets to bad. But I do not mind snow.
I hope it blows right on by us.
OffTheHook Wrote:I hope it blows right on by us.

I enjoy one good snow a year. After that it tends to get old putting up ith the hassle of driving cautiously and stuff of that nature.
I have to travel to morehead in the morning for some school stuff. So hopefully its not as bad as their making it out to be.
3-4 expected in NKY
I really hope that it holds off until tonight. I really don't feel like traveling back to Shelbyville in the snow and wind.
^ Looks like there is going to be no way around it though
Stardust Wrote:^ Looks like there is going to be no way around it though

Unless the Huntington forecast has changed from last night, we have about a 3 hr. window to travel with minimal snow this afternoon. If Louisville's forecast is accurate, they are only forcasting 1-2 inches. Hopefully things will go well for us.
^ good luck and be safe
Stardust Wrote:^ good luck and be safe

Thanks
Snow is pretty, but I don't like it. Ice and blacktop/concrete are not a fat man's friend. I don't like the combination.
Starting to snow in Johnson County.
I live 2 miles on a strip mine road(gravel)....
When the shift changes happen the traffic is pretty heavy for 30 or so minutes.
If there is snow on the ground and its cold.....
my road turns into an icy gravel mix.
I get paid by the hour.
So I'm not a fan of snow lol
^ Good luck with that partner, that would not be a fun drive
Stardust Wrote:^ Good luck with that partner, that would not be a fun drive

The other night I tried to run to the grocery store(in a mustang-dumb idea)....
btw this road has several hills on it.
I start rolling backwards and get stuck.
I get out to look and see what the problem is.....
and BAM...
I almost fell and slid into the creek lol
That road could have been an ice rink
I feel very impartial with this particular snow storm. I am taking finals this week, staying until the game next Saturday and then heading home for break. SO this storm is not keeping me from seeing my family, fiance, etc until next weekend. Does anyone know if there is a system coming for next weekend?
Just got done Christmas Caroling and delivering Fruit Baskets and Chocolate covered cherries!...The snow added grestly to the over all effect!...loved it!

It's really comming down now!...enjoying a warm fire and coco!....bring on the snow!....Probably call school off tomorrow too...yay!
Just travelled from Raceland to Shelbyville. Didn't see much of anything, just a bunch of flurries. Nothing that is sticking very much, at least along I 64.
Over 2" in NKY now
About an inch in morehead right now. It is flat out pouring
We probably have 1-2 inches here in Shelbyville. Most of the roads are covered.
In Pike and Floyd County, the main roads are completely white! Be careful whoever will be traveling in those areas. I was lucky enough to make it home before anything got really bad. But the roads were white.
Coming down pretty decent on this hill top in Martin Co.
Zaga, work today doesn't look to promising, im going to attempt it but I am really wondering what the strip mine road will look like this morning.
23 was covered. 119 was an ice track, and the road to my job was pure driven snow. Took me 45 min to drive a 15 min drive.
Looks like we got about 2-3 inches in Shelbyville.
NKY finished with close to 3". It is now blowing. Highways are clear, secondary roads are in bad shape.
in Hazard we have prob 6 inches, took be about 20 min to make it to work normally about a 5 to 7 min drive...
Here's the view from my back door this morning!...planning on doing some sledding today!

[IMG]Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos[/IMG]
Pages: 1 2