Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: African American QBs and Super Bowls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off let me say.....In NO WAY...am I a racist or trying to be racist.

With ALL the Cam Newton hype and the Heisman. I was on may way to work tonight and was just pondering about how Doug Williams is the ONLY black QB to ever win a Super Bowl with the Washington Redskins in 1988.

Why is this?

IMHO, I feel that Mike Vick just might be next in line to have a shot at doing this. He has grown and matured into a really good QB and team leader as of late. If we were to have discussed this 6 or 7 years ago, I would have said No way. Because he relied on his leggs to much and he had no touch on his passes. But, now he is showing his ability to make good decisions in the pocket and looking to throw first and then run (which he is still very impressive with his leggs), and his passing ability has improved so much since then.

or

What are Cam's chances at this?

MODs please watch this one for me. I would really like to hear others opinions and discussions on this subject.
Your question is what are Cams chances. Hmm, considering he is going to get drafted by whoever the worse team in football, the chances are minimal!
I think Newton's chances to win a Super Bowl as a QB are slim. 1. I don't think that he would be a good pro QB, he is too good of athlete to be QB in the NFL. He should play some other position IMO. 2. He will drafted too high and will be playing on a bad team.
Stardust Wrote:Your question is what are Cams chances. Hmm, considering he is going to get drafted by whoever the worse team in football, the chances are minimal!

You mean he's going to be playing in Cincinnati.
Westside Wrote:You mean he's going to be playing in Cincinnati.

:biggrin: God help him if he does
It takes a lot more to win a Super Bowl than just having a good QB.
It helps.
But his chances are as good as anyone else's.....
regardless of color
I honestly do not think the color matters. I don't know why only Williams won but it will happen again.

It seems like the QB position has been dominated by white men and the RB position has been dominated by black/African-American men. Don't know why, but think about it and you will see that I am right.
Stardust Wrote::biggrin: God help him if he does

I don't think the big guy could even help him if he goes to the Bengals.......
It may just be me but I don't think Cam Newton is going to be that good in the NFL. He may be as good as Vince Young but that aint spectacular.
Westside Wrote:You mean he's going to be playing in Cincinnati.
Andrew Luck will be going to Cincy.