Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reds reach agreement with Bruce
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Cincinnati Reds have reached agreement on a six-year, guaranteed $51 million contract with outfielder Jay Bruce, a baseball source told ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5904871
Bruce is one of my fav players on the team, Good sign. Did the Reds give Votto a new contract yet, I know he was one of the lowest pay players on the team last season.
MVP2 Wrote:Bruce is one of my fav players on the team, Good sign. Did the Reds give Votto a new contract yet, I know he was one of the lowest pay players on the team last season.

The link stated that they were interested in negotiating a multi year deal with him as well.
OffTheHook Wrote:The link stated that they were interested in negotiating a multi year deal with him as well.

:Thumbs: Great News, My bad I didn't even see a link.
I'm just tickled to see the Reds actually try and keep their young talent around for once! I do hope they go after a more solid closer though. I am NOT a big fan of Cordero!
I think this could be more about trade rights.
I am so excited for this. To sign a young dynamic player right before he will be hitting some prime years is only one of the big things that the team needed to do. Next should be a 4-5 year deal to lock up Votto while get goes through his prime years. I can not tell you how excited I am for the close future of the Reds but this was just one big step in the right direction.
^ I right there with ya. This entire group of young guns gets me excited for the season to hurry up and start again!