Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UFC 124 St Pierre vs Koscheck? 12/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who will win this bout tonight? Josh Koscheck or George St Pierre?

GO KOSCHECK!
Other fights on Main Card.

Thiago Alves vs John Howard
Joe Stevenson vs Mac Danzig
Charles Oliveira vs Jim Miller
Stefan Struve vs Sean McCorkle
Is this their 2nd fight?
Stardust Wrote:Is this their 2nd fight?

Yes. They fought back in 2007 which went the distance, GSP won.
GSP ftw
Koscheck is sure talking a lot for a guy that got manhandled in the 1st meeting.
^Koschek is a punk
I've hated him since the ultimate fighter
Koscheck is going to talk the talk and walk the walk tonight.:redboxer:
Just please no spoilers in the titles. I wont get to watch until the morning.
The fight went the distance again which this time around it was for the belt so it went 5 rounds but same result.Georges St. Pierre, the winner by unanimous decision and still UFC welterweight champion.
Who can challenge GSP???
zaga_fan Wrote:^Koschek is a punk
I've hated him since the ultimate fighter

:Thumbs:
Koschek got WORKED!
Koscheck's eye was ridiculous!!! GSP dominated this fight!
Im surprised they let the fight go on. It sounded as if the Dr. wanted to stop it. He told Herb Dean he couldn't see out of his left eye. Herb quickly asked Josh, "do you want to fight?" He answered yes and it went on.
IMO, any other fight would of been stopped right there for fighter safety. Im glad this one didnt.

Who can compete with GSP? Quiet simply, no one. They will eventually hype the Silva super fight ( IF he makes it through Belfort, and thats a BIG IF ) then GSP will dominate him on the ground much like Chael did. The difference being GSP has much better submission defense.
Would love to see the GSP fight once more in Welterweight before he makes the jump to 185, against either BJ Penn, or Jake Shields. BJ Penn looked phenomenal against Hughes, just on his entrance to the cage, I knew BJ Penn would not be denied, and he wasn't so lets see them fight 1 more time. BJ Penn roughed GSP up in the first fight and IMO I thought he won, but I may be a little bias because BJ Penn is my favorite fighter, but I do think BJ can compete with GSP, hes proved that much.
GSP..has the story...passion..and determination to do what he feels like he has to do to survive.and that is fight because he does not know anything else...:worthy:
Douglas Mullins Wrote:Would love to see the GSP fight once more in Welterweight before he makes the jump to 185, against either BJ Penn, or Jake Shields. BJ Penn looked phenomenal against Hughes, just on his entrance to the cage, I knew BJ Penn would not be denied, and he wasn't so lets see them fight 1 more time. BJ Penn roughed GSP up in the first fight and IMO I thought he won, but I may be a little bias because BJ Penn is my favorite fighter, but I do think BJ can compete with GSP, hes proved that much.

Good post, GSP's next fight will be Shields at 170.
BJ Penns next fight will more than likely be John Fitch at 170. Its been quoted that BJ wants to make one more run and end his career at 170 pounds and at 35 years old. Maybe he is on a path to get one more chance at GSP. Then after that they set up the super fight with Silva.
Personally I dont believe SIlva will remain unbeaten though. Chael exposed to many flaws in his game. Other great fighters and coaches will Capitalize on this.
Silva wont make it past Belfort.
^ I'm not a big Vitor fan.
csabo17 Wrote:Good post, GSP's next fight will be Shields at 170.
BJ Penns next fight will more than likely be John Fitch at 170. Its been quoted that BJ wants to make one more run and end his career at 170 pounds and at 35 years old. Maybe he is on a path to get one more chance at GSP. Then after that they set up the super fight with Silva.
Personally I dont believe SIlva will remain unbeaten though. Chael exposed to many flaws in his game. Other great fighters and coaches will Capitalize on this.
Yeah, BJ Penn vs. Jon Fitch is set for Ufc 127, I also heard that interview where he said he wanted to make one more run at 170 and be done fighting by 35. As for Silva, he supposedly had a broken rib in the Sonnen fight, he says. Also Sonnen was probably pissed off from the roid rage. I don't see anyone beating Silva, at 185, for awhile. Now if he keeps making the jump to 205 I could see him losing to a couple of guys in that division. But I think Silva vs. Belfort fight will be a awesome stand up war
Stardust Wrote:Who can challenge GSP???

Noone, guy is too raw.
GSP is one of the best out there in his division no would come close on touchin this guy he is just to good and he has the physically and mentally conditioning on what it takes to destroy his opponets
I'm glad Koscheck got beat. Someone that got beat that bad the first time around shouldn't be talking smack. I think the only person that can challenge GSP is Silva. And the only reason I say that is because Silva is one of the best strikers in MMA. When he clips someone, its almost always over. And Anderson is pretty dangerous off his back. So if GSP takes him down, he'll have to watch out. I hope this fight happens.