Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hartline Suspended For Bowl Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mike Hartline has been suspended for UK's bowl game.
What needed to be done imo.
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- University of Kentucky quarterback Mike Hartline has been suspended for the BBVA Compass Bowl, a move that will end his playing career, following his arrest Friday morning.

UK Joker Phillips announced the suspension after Saturday's practice.

"Mike Hartline has had a good record here, conduct-wise, and I regret this," Phillips said. "I regret that this happened, but it did. I really hate that it happened because of what he's done for us this year in leading this program to our fifth-straight bowl. He's done a great job at that, but we have clear expectations our players, how we want them to act, how we want them to behave."

Hartline was arrested early Friday morning in Lexington and charged with disorderly conduct and alcohol intoxication. An attorney entered a not-guilty plea on Hartline's behalf Friday afternoon.
The good thing is this happened early enough that whoever they choose as QB can get all the practice snaps.
I think Hartline gave us the best chance to win this game but I agree this is the right decision. Any word on who is going to the starter, Newton or Moss?
AWFUL way to end your career.
This has to leave a bad taste in his mouth to say the least.
This is something that could take a long time for a young man to get over.
Especially if he gets on here and reads the awful things the rest of the guys on this site have to say about him.

Congrats to Mike on a good career at UK and giving everything he had.
His SEC rankings end up like this
Yards - 2nd
TDs - 4th
Completions - 1st
Attempts - 1st
I really like Moss, He has a strong arm, him and Newton were both top 25 ranked QB coming out of high school. Newton has the experience and has got some good wins under his belt. I remember him going into the hedges of GA and leaving with a win and in Auburn. I just want to win this bowl game, even if some people on here think this bowl is garbage it is still big for us on trying to built on the program and with a QB with the last name NEWTON,we may have a good chance of still winning Big Grin.
If we are lost on the QB situation how is Pitt feeling?
Heck yes, never again will Mike Hartlines dumb self ever have to play at UK again.

I hope Moss gets the start. Who else would absoloutly love to see that kid come in a nd throw about 5 td's. Sure, i know its not going to happen, but still, it would be an awesome thing to see.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Heck yes, never again will Mike Hartlines dumb self ever have to play at UK again.

I hope Moss gets the start. Who else would absoloutly love to see that kid come in a nd throw about 5 td's. Sure, i know its not going to happen, but still, it would be an awesome thing to see.

Yes! You are so right it is awesome that we lose our starting quarterback who threw for 3000 yards this year! I am fired up about our chances in the bowl game now!

Really? Hartline has been good all year and if you think that Kentucky would have even come close to winning football games with Newton or Mossakowski at quarterback then you are indeed as clueless as your posts make you appear.
I might watch the game now
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Yes! You are so right it is awesome that we lose our starting quarterback who threw for 3000 yards this year! I am fired up about our chances in the bowl game now!

Really? Hartline has been good all year and if you think that Kentucky would have even come close to winning football games with Newton or Mossakowski at quarterback then you are indeed as clueless as your posts make you appear.
:Thumbs:
Suspending him for the game was the right decision. Now give Newton some valuable experience for next year.
^

Rather it be Newton or Moss, your are right with the valuable experience. Whoever, gets the call it is going to give them some great experience in a very important and meaningful game.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Yes! You are so right it is awesome that we lose our starting quarterback who threw for 3000 yards this year! I am fired up about our chances in the bowl game now!

Give me a break. Hartlines gone for good and now you can stop acting like he was worth a crap. Wow he led us to victory over nobodys and finished with a record of 6-6 which probably would have been 6-7 if he had started in the bowl game.
This guys a joke, get off your high horse and quit being nice. I'm not clueless at all about this. Ive been a Mike Harline hater since his first start. This year could have been such a great year for Newton or Moss to get some valuable experience for next year, but instead we started Hartline and look how the season went. I dont understand why you think an SEC win over Vandy who is plain awful and an upset over a South Carolina team who was still high off of beating Alabama is a good season. He might have threw for a lot of yards, but the majority of thos yards have came against nobodys.
His true colors came out the other night when he jeopardized this teams chances of winning yet again by getting drunk and acting stupid.
The talk of Hartline being the best chance to win is ridicolous. It was clear that he wasnt going to get any good wins this year, and now he has wasted a whole year.
^
BTW, this will be my last post on anything about Mike Hartline. Hes not worth wasting time on and now that hes gone, hes irrelevant to the sports world anymore.
Either way, I truly am excited to see one of the younger guys play. This will be a huge step for one of them to get ready for next year.
Im gonna say that the starter of this next game will be your starter next year, and im sure Joker knew who the starter was going to be as soon as this incident happened.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Give me a break. Hartlines gone for good and now you can stop acting like he was worth a crap. Wow he led us to victory over nobodys and finished with a record of 6-6 which probably would have been 6-7 if he had started in the bowl game.
This guys a joke, get off your high horse and quit being nice. I'm not clueless at all about this. Ive been a Mike Harline hater since his first start. This year could have been such a great year for Newton or Moss to get some valuable experience for next year, but instead we started Hartline and look how the season went. I dont understand why you think an SEC win over Vandy who is plain awful and an upset over a South Carolina team who was still high off of beating Alabama is a good season. He might have threw for a lot of yards, but the majority of thos yards have came against nobodys.
His true colors came out the other night when he jeopardized this teams chances of winning yet again by getting drunk and acting stupid.
The talk of Hartline being the best chance to win is ridicolous. It was clear that he wasnt going to get any good wins this year, and now he has wasted a whole year.

220 YDS-Auburn
353 YDS,- Georgia
349 YDS,-South Carolina
258 YDS-Miss St
300 YDS-Ole Miss

1480 yards---Looks like pretty good performances to me against some pretty good completion. I'm not taking up for Hartline on what he has done, it was wrong and Im sure he knows it was wrong.
MVP2 Wrote:220 YDS-Auburn
353 YDS,- Georgia
349 YDS,-South Carolina
258 YDS-Miss St
300 YDS-Ole Miss

1480 yards---Looks like pretty good performances to me against some pretty good completion. I'm not taking up for Hartline on what he has done, it was wrong and Im sure he knows it was wrong.

Yes, and Ole Miss didnt make a bowl game, we lost to Georgia who barely made a bowl game and probably shouldnt have, Miss St. who is in the bottom half of the west, and yes i understand the west is strong, but cmon, and South Carolina who was obviously still high from beating Bama like i said.

I understand what youre saying and i knew that this part of my post was going to be quoted, but how many of those yards against these teams have came late in the game when we were down and had to pass and how many of those pass yards have came from our receivers making big plays like Cobb.

As i said, im not talking about Harltine anymore because it seems some are oblivious to what he has truly done.

And one argument that nobody can argue or tell me im wrong is the fact that were 6-6. Now, please tell me that Newton or Moss couldnt have had a year under there belt and been a lot better next year if they would have started.

Would have DEFINITELY have sacrificed a 6-6 season for a 4-8 to see one of these guys getting better.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yes, and Ole Miss didnt make a bowl game, we lost to Georgia who barely made a bowl game and probably shouldnt have, Miss St. who is in the bottom half of the west, and yes i understand the west is strong, but cmon, and South Carolina who was obviously still high from beating Bama like i said.

I understand what youre saying and i knew that this part of my post was going to be quoted, but how many of those yards against these teams have came late in the game when we were down and had to pass and how many of those pass yards have came from our receivers making big plays like Cobb.

As i said, im not talking about Harltine anymore because it seems some are oblivious to what he has truly done.

And one argument that nobody can argue or tell me im wrong is the fact that were 6-6. Now, please tell me that Newton or Moss couldnt have had a year under there belt and been a lot better next year if they would have started.

Would have DEFINITELY have sacrificed a 6-6 season for a 4-8 to see one of these guys getting better.

You said you have posted your last post in here....
bye
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
BTW, this will be my last post on anything about Mike Hartline. Hes not worth wasting time on and now that hes gone, hes irrelevant to the sports world anymore.
Either way, I truly am excited to see one of the younger guys play. This will be a huge step for one of them to get ready for next year.
Im gonna say that the starter of this next game will be your starter next year, and im sure Joker knew who the starter was going to be as soon as this incident happened.
:Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:You said you have posted your last post in here....
bye

The man is making good points, keep em coming RunItUpTheGut! TongueirateSho
Congrats to Mike on a great career at UK.
The most under-appreciated QB I've ever seen.
He may not have seemed like the focal point of the offense....
but to lead the SEC in attempts and to throw for over 3000 yards he was a much bigger part of the passing attack this year then any of the other QBs on the roster could have hoped to be.

Sorry to see you go out like you did, but I respect all your work on the field.

**OFFICIALLY RETIRING FROM THIS THREAD**
we all make stupid mistakes in are life and hopefully we learn from them, i think he gave us the best chance to win,but when you do wrong, you have to pay for what you do,this shows alot about Joker, showing stater or not he wont put up with stuff like that, i hope theres no more things like that happen, but if they do, no matter who it is,make an example, i hope Mike the best from here on out...
He had a decent career, but buh-bye Hartline. You can't get away with hitting females. 'Just how it is.

I think we start Newton. He's already got some good wins and big game experience. If he starts against Pitt, he'll be our starter for next year.
I'll be bias, START Michael Burchett!!!

Dumb move by Hartline. He was in a spot he should have never put himself in before he got arressted. Mike had a great season and to end his career like this has to be very dissapointing to him, his coaches, and everyone who supported him.
Phillips has shown a lot of courage in this move. He deserves our respect and our support. I think most expected the usual doubletalk and smoothover. Instead, we got a good dose of integrity.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Give me a break. Hartlines gone for good and now you can stop acting like he was worth a crap. Wow he led us to victory over nobodys and finished with a record of 6-6 which probably would have been 6-7 if he had started in the bowl game.

I don't really understand the thinking of this statement. According to you, how could he jeopardize the teams chances when you say he is 'plain awful".
It's these type of statements among others you've made that really show your football smarts, or I should say lack of.
Morgan newton could have DEF helped this team. He started the last 8 games leading kentucky to a 5-3 record. As a FRESHMEN. HE Def gets credit for getting us to a bowl last year and could have got us to an even better one this year.
Hartline got what he deserved! Newton is our man now! And I'm behind him 100%
UK reallly had no choice in this situation.
64cat Wrote:I don't really understand the thinking of this statement. According to you, how could he jeopardize the teams chances when you say he is 'plain awful".
It's these type of statements among others you've made that really show your football smarts, or I should say lack of.

lol you cant be serious. My reason for making the statement is the fact that every single Hartline loving fan as yourself said Hartline gave us the best chance to win, and i agree that now after not playing one of the two younger guys like we should have, hartline would have been the best choice for the bowl game but he screwed that up like everything else.

Im seriously startled at the fact that some of you are still defending a guy that just got arrested for drinking and allegedly HITTIN A FEMALE. Whats that all about.

This guy is a joke, i tried to end my talking of Hartline earlier but im always going to respond when being called out.

You Hartline lovers better stop talking and rooting for hartline and start worrying about what young guy is going to step up for UK in the bowl game.

Mike Hartline is done and irrelevant to UK anymore at this point, so saying i lack in the department of football knowledge is a little bit obnoxious dont you think? Especially coming from some of those who support Hartline who won what exactly while at UK? Oh yea, he beat Vandy this year wooo hooo
Pages: 1 2