Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT mountain top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BOYS

1. Clay Co.
2. Hazard
3. Johnson Central
4. Perry Central
5. Bell Co,
6. Knott Central
7. Betsy Layne
8. Wolfe Co.
9. Corbin
10. Belfry
After the 0-3 start, I see Wolfe falling out and maybe Buckhorn or Letcher Central sneaking in.
I'd say it will be Buckhorn.
Johnson Central with a bad loss to Bath and Knott Central with a bad loss to Pikeville should move them down some.
I dont see how only Buckhorn could move in after losing to South Laurel. South lost to an undefeated Whitley team who isnt yet ranked. I believe they could move in however, it would have to be the 10 spot at best.
Corbin should fall out. I'm not really sure why Wolfe was in there to begin with.
After the way Perry played against Corbin, i'd have to rank them at the top just ahead of Clay.
I know Clay had to go to Corbin, but Perry looks very impressive from what I have heard and the glimpses I have seen of them on WYMT.

Id rank mine like this...

1. Perry Central (only played one game, but they were my preseason number 1 and until they fall there staying)

2. Clay County(playing well, expect them to get better throughout the year, cant wait to see them in the Cumberland Falls invitational.)

3. Bell Co. (a lot of people had them ranked highly, and for good reason, but they have yet to play a game an who knows what there going to look like once actual play begins for them)

4. Hazard (I was really wanting to see them play Whitley to start the year out but it got postponed due to weather. After there football players get in basketball shape, expect them to get a lot better. They very well could be the best team in the mountains. They should be playing Perry but it aint happenin. That could have been the best game in the mountains this year.)

5. Betsy Lane (I was hesitant to put them this high, but cant go against them just yet. They still got a lot of proving to do. If they can knock off some more teams including Perry in early January, theyll get respect.)

6. Jonson Central (big game against Breathitt and Perry coming up)

7.Whitley County (This is the best team Whitley has fielded in years, i expect big things from them and consider them the favorite in the 50th district this year. Looking forward to see how they do in the Cumberland Falls invitational.

8. Knott Central (there game against Pikeville was a setback, but i look forward to seeing how they do against Hazard.)

9. Belfry (still waiting for their first game and like Bell, there stock can easily go up or down.)

10. Letcher Central (playing very good ball right now. I slip them in at ten, and depending on what they do over the next couple of weeks could really give them a boost.)

I believe the 13th is wide open. I know Clay is the favorite, but its hard to tell right now. There are many teams who have a shot at the region, and its to early to tell at this point.
wolfe ant going to fall out. they have had there best player sick.
Does Dylan Creech play for Wolfe or something? No way Corbin is in above Knox, Whitley, and probly even North and Bville.
like to see Belfry in there..
king360 Wrote:BOYS

1. Clay Co.
2. Hazard
3. Johnson Central
4. Perry Central
5. Bell Co,
6. Knott Central
7. Betsy Layne
8. Wolfe Co.
9. Corbin
10. Belfry

I don't know a whole lot about a few of these teams (Johnson Central, Betsy Layne, Wolfe Co.), but I believe Whitley Co. should replace Corbin at the nine spot. I know Corbin is still the champ until someone knocks them off, but the Colonels have a good team this year, and are the early favorite for the district title.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:9. Belfry (still waiting for their first game and like Bell, there stock can easily go up or down.)

Beat Westside, WV 68-54 today.
1.Clay
2.Bell
3. Perry Co. Central

that what should be the top 3 IMO
Buckhorn avenged their only loss tonight with a win over South. They, also, have one of the best wins by a mountain team this year over a pre-season #16 Henry Clay team. I do, however, like Letcher and Whitley, as well. All three of these teams have a valid case for the top ten. As for Wolfe, I think Coach Creech will right the ship at some point this season and the Wolves will make a good run at the All A and their district.
I'd go with this...
1. Hazard
2. Clay
3. Perry(couple of unproven players, well see how things turn out)
4. Bell
5. Knott(I know they have a bad loss against Pikeville but they have tons of talent)
I do believe Buckhorn is definitely a top 10 team.
This thing will change a hundred times.
betsy layne should be atleast ranked over bell co. ,beacause a couple of weeks back betsy layne beat them by like 10 at knot central
Bell co. has not played a game yet, so its pretty hard for them to have already been beaten.
alum09 Wrote:betsy layne should be atleast ranked over bell co. ,beacause a couple of weeks back betsy layne beat them by like 10 at knot central

Sorry u can't go by that b/c they did not have the football players which is 3 starters including Madon who is 1 of the better players in the mountains and probably 3 of 5 off bench.
Clays def #1. I think some give corbin more credit than they deserve. They are not the team they used to be.
1. Clay Co.-undefeated so far this season, almost had a slip up against corbin but they still deserve the top spot right now, very talented team

2. Perry Central-had an impressive first game of the season, but got beat by louisville moore who is one of the better teams in the state

3. Bell County-talented, but still have to show they need to be up here, the football players coming out need a few weeks to get the rust out of them

4. Hazard-havent played impressive yet, their football players still need time to adjust though

5. Johnson Central-the most talented team in the 15th region, but already got beat by bath county, still wondering if this team will gel together

6. Betsy Layne-talented and best coached team in the 15th region

7. Knott Central-had a slip up against pikeville, but beat bryan station

8. Letcher Central-returned about everybody from last years team, undefeated so far

9. Whitley Co.-undefeated so far, need to be tested though to see if they deserve to be in the top 10

10. Buckhorn-avenged their only loss of the season by beating south laurel, and beat an overrated henry clay team
wood_chuck Wrote:1. Clay Co.-undefeated so far this season, almost had a slip up against corbin but they still deserve the top spot right now, very talented team

2. Perry Central-had an impressive first game of the season, but got beat by louisville moore who is one of the better teams in the state

3. Bell County-talented, but still have to show they need to be up here, the football players coming out need a few weeks to get the rust out of them

4. Hazard-havent played impressive yet, their football players still need time to adjust though

5. Johnson Central-the most talented team in the 15th region, but already got beat by bath county, still wondering if this team will gel together

8. Letcher Central-returned about everybody from last years team, undefeated so far

9. Whitley Co.-undefeated so far, need to be tested though to see if they deserve to be in the top 10

10. Buckhorn-avenged their only loss of the season by beating south laurel, and beat an overrated henry clay team

I like this one, I agree with you Wood Chuck.
Looks like a good list at this time!
High Sheriff Wrote:Looks like a good list at this time!

I meant to quote MVP2's post of the top ten!
wood_chuck Wrote:1. Clay Co.-undefeated so far this season, almost had a slip up against corbin but they still deserve the top spot right now, very talented team

These ratings look pretty good to me. My only comment would be why would Henry Clay be considered "overrated"? Their only losses are to Buckhorn on a neutral floor and on the road against a top ten Tates Creek team by one in OT. HC has dominated a good Cov. Scott team and soundly defeated Bryan Station by 25.
JC is getting the football players back and into form. This is a very atheltic bunch that has a good shooter and some size and is a physically tough team that will mix it up.

Who knows at this time of year, it is early and it make take a few teams some time to get it togather. This ranking is useless until about the middle of Januaury to see what happens.
HUB Wrote:These ratings look pretty good to me. My only comment would be why would Henry Clay be considered "overrated"? Their only losses are to Buckhorn on a neutral floor and on the road against a top ten Tates Creek team by one in OT. HC has dominated a good Cov. Scott team and soundly defeated Bryan Station by 25.

Guess it is hard to imagine little ole Buckhorn actually beating a good team. Buckhorn has a legit win over a good Henry Clay team and some other good wins to go along with it. Buckhorn is a top 10 team in the mountains. Of course some others such as LCC and Whitley (sure there are a couple more) have also showed they were left off the list and should be on it.

Great list woodchuck!!! Still not sold on the 13th and 15th region teams yet!!! I think thats the best 10 you can put out there right now. Cant wait to see what this list looks like about feb. 1st. The WYMT tourney will let everyone know how alot of these teams stack up against each other.
PCC should drop with an L to Moore. Maybe to 5th or 6th place.
Benchwarmer Wrote:PCC should drop with an L to Moore. Maybe to 5th or 6th place.

Why would they drop down after a loss to a good team outside of the mountains?
king360 Wrote:Why would they drop down after a loss to a good team outside of the mountains?

The same reason you said last year when KCC lost to Tates Creek. Just been waiting.
Pages: 1 2