Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Leslie County 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leslie Co. loses 4 Seniors (only 2 contributed)

They return 9 starters on offense and defense.. Leslie Co. football is on it's way back.. The team got better everytime they stepped on the field.

Getting a road playoff game win @ Shelby Valley and going to Corbin and playing very tough in the first half really gave the players confidence. The coaching staff, led by eddie Melton, has turned the attitude around in Leslie Co. and the biggest accomplishment, was Leslie finished with over 35 players on the roster.. This is a drastic improvment from previous seasons.. And it only looks to get better.. They have straightened the feeder program up over there and got it in the right direction.

Leslie needs to clean up their tackling and secondary play.. They're schedule really sets up well for them to gain confidence throughout the season.. Leslie's schedule includes: Powell Co., Allen Central, Mccreary Central, Pineville, Magoffin Co., Williamsburg, Harlan Ind., Betsy Lane, Shelby Valley, and Prestonsburg..

Leslie will be led by QB Troy Napier (8), MLB Jon Brewer (56), HB Chris Maggard (26) and TE Hobart Asher (82).. Leslie will need to fill 2 slots on the offensive line and the NG position.. Leslie hopes to get some solid play out of their underclassmen linemen, and incoming Middle School All-American Nose Guard Michael Smith..

Look for Leslie to win the games their supposed to, and be in the hunt for wins in the ones their not.. But they will hit, an play with pride.. Something the new coaching staff has instilled in all of the players..
Leslie improved a lot this past season. Look for them to continue that next season.
I'd get #10 in the weightroom. Then I'd give him the ball every way possible and as many times as possible.
How many played varsity that played J.V.? I know they played Betsy Layne and Betsy Layne won but it was a good game. The final score was 24 to 8 I think.
How many do we have out for wieght lifting and have we started spring practice yet
How many do we have in the weight room and have we started spring practice yet
Leslie should definitely be better this year. They looked much improved when they played Perry Central at the end of last year from when I seen them earlier in the season. I wish Leslie and Perry still played.
Does anyone know if we have started spring practice? Does anyone know if we are getting into any passing league tournaments?
Leslie will be much improved. Second year under the new coach and the players have had time to learn the new system.
look for them to challenge pburg!!!
does anyone know if we have started spring practice or if we are doing spring practice