Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Shelby Valley for real or
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
are they just overhyped? What are your opinions on SV!
They are good, But they can be beat on any given night by alot of teams inside this region..Everyone acts like noone in this region can beat them or even play with them but they can and they will...Valley will be just like last year, 1 and out
I've seen them play a couple of times....and even if the game is close it seems as if they are never in a situation to where they might lose....they always seem to be in control of their game...

THEY ARE FOR REAL!
I think they are good. But, I do believe they will not be in the 15th Regional Final....Belfry only lost by 3 pts. to Valley at the Pike Central Coca-Cola Classic when a couple of our players were out. Nowth at everyone is back for us, I'd love for Belfry to have another shot at them. But that will not happen atleast not until the Regional...
"Beef" Wrote:I've seen them play a couple of times....and even if the game is close it seems as if they are never in a situation to where they might lose....they always seem to be in control of their game...

THEY ARE FOR REAL!
Yea, they are for real every team in the region is real... BUT they can still be beat.
"Beef" Wrote:I've seen them play a couple of times....and even if the game is close it seems as if they are never in a situation to where they might lose....they always seem to be in control of their game...

THEY ARE FOR REAL!

I would have to disagree, Like I said in my post earlier....Belfry only lost to them by 3 points when a couple of our players were out....I think they can be beat at anytime.
I think they are over rated
Valley is a good team I will give them that but i dont think there so much better than every team in the region. I see at least of 7 teams that could beat them any nite. The deal is with valley when you get them down they are down. Kelsey Friend looks like he can score anytime he wants but he dont because he doesnt look like he wants to play.
"BelfryPride" Wrote:

THEY ARE FOR REAL!

I would have to disagree, Like I said in my post earlier....Belfry only lost to them by 3 points when a couple of our players were out....I think they can be beat at anytime.
Aaaa...yes but I think they were in control of the whole game....
I think they are overhyped and have the big head.. I look for them to get shocked in the first round of the regional tournament. Everyone better watch out for Paintsville. You heard it first from me.. Paintsville will win the 15 region this year..
"streethoopz" Wrote:I think they are overhyped and have the big head.. I look for them to get shocked in the first round of the regional tournament. Everyone better watch out for Paintsville. You heard it first from me.. Paintsville will win the 15 region this year..

Are you serious????????Paintsville to young.. They will be lucky if they even make the regional T.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shelby Valley can be beat but I dont think they will be beat. This isnt the strongest region and are definetly the most athletic team in the region. When Belfry played Valley, Valley was still in the thick of the Kiser controversy and it was one of there first games without him. Now they have found a true identity without him and will win region. But they could be upset you never know..........
Whatever,They are not the most athletic team in the 15th
Prestonsburg is probably the most athletic... I, for one, will definitely not be shocked when Valley is at Rupp, watching from the stands.
"Basketballer" Wrote:Whatever,They are not the most athletic team in the 15th
laugh1.gif laugh1.gif laugh1.gif
"Beef" Wrote:
They arent....Laugh all you want too
Any team can beat any in the 15th region on any given night, well except Piarst. That just can't play a lick.
People Shelby Valley is for real, and those of you saying they aren't are just "haters"..They're undefeated in the region and mountains so until someone in the region can beat them they hype is real...
"Basketballer" Wrote:
"Beef" Wrote:
Tell me another team that has 5 starters as good as theirs and then a bench that is 4 deep really good players that could start at most other 16th region schools....
"Beef" Wrote:
"Basketballer" Wrote:
"Beef" Wrote:
Tell me another team that has 5 starters as good as theirs and then a bench that is 4 deep really good players that could start at most other 16th region schools....
...P-burg is athletic , JCHS is athletic. Just because you are athletic does not mean you can ball

Posted Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:41 am:

"alfus21" Wrote:People Shelby Valley is for real, and those of you saying they aren't are just "haters"..They're undefeated in the region and mountains so until someone in the region can beat them they hype is real...
Hater..Thats not it, just tired of the valley dwellers always acting like they are better than everyone...They can be beat..They still have alot more game left to be played in this region
I know they can be beat, BUT they haven't been and until they are beaten they are very for real...
Ok....those teams may be athletic but not as athletic as Valley as a team.....

And as you know I am no where close to a valley dweller....but Ill give respect when it is due!
Valley is for real in the region, then if they win it, they will be out in the first round of state just like any other team from the weak 15. As for Paintsville making it to the Region Tourney, I'd say they have a good shot because they are currently undefeated in their district and mauled JC at JC.
I think Valley is good but from what I remember they haven't even entered the regional tourny as a district winnner the last couple of years, at team on the Ridge did. This after Valley cruised through the regular season. I also remember a time when the region was at Valley and they cruised through the season and was again knocked off in the first round at home by AC a team SF beat a few days prior in District final by 50 points. Regular season don't mean a thing it tourny play.
They are good.
Should be an exciting regional tournament this year.. SV has a good team..But like someone said early.. The regular season means nothing come tournament time..
It is true that they could be beaten on any given night. Just as Belfry could have been beaten on any given nite in football.. But they didn't get beat. Now I'm not trying to compare the two but anything can happen.

As far as Valley being "real" I think they are the real deal right now. And if a team from the region does beat them, then that just means that that team is a good team. I know junk happens all the time. But let's face it, Shelby Valley is actually playing some good ball right now.
"torQQue" Wrote:SV has a good team..But like someone said early.. The regular season means nothing come tournament time..

Just as Shelby Valley learned to be true at tourney time last year. I believe they were undefeated in their region until district time?

However from what ive seen and heard their a different team and a will have a different outcome this year.
"fiveforfighting" Wrote:
"torQQue" Wrote:SV has a good team..But like someone said early.. The regular season means nothing come tournament time..

Just as Shelby Valley learned to be true at tourney time last year. I believe they were undefeated in their region until district time?

However from what ive seen and heard their a different team and a will have a different outcome this year.

I never said SV would or wouldnt win the region..I said its wide open come regional time.. Just because your the season favorite doesnt make you a the regional favorite.. Anything can happen come tourny time..
They are a very good team, probably the best in the region in individual talent. They can also be beat by about five other teams in the region, probably more. So If that makes them real, I guess they are, Im not sure of the definition lol.
Pages: 1 2