Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Model 87 Powell County 74
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Powell Stats

Creech 32, Reed 16, Marcum 10, Pelfrey 8, B. Goodwin 4, Monett 2, Parks 2

Creech had 7 3's, Reed had 4 3's.

Powell led at half 48-36 but couldn't get the defense together to keep the lead in the 4th. Great game.

Sorry don't have the stats for Model
Model typically is a push over. Are they improved or did Powell have a bad game?
Giving up 87 points to Model = no defense.

You have to play on both ends of the court.
^ I'd agree with that. The ability to score into the 70's is a possitive, but if you score 74 points, and still lose by 13, there is a BIG problem!
I think Conner not being able to play contributed to some defensive problems in the lane and rebounds was a huge issue. We probably need some well placed time outs but it didnt happen. They will be fine and believe me Model is no push over have you played them lately? There were some younger players that made a few errors but that is how they learn.
Congrats to Model
Tough loss for Powell but a good win for Model.
TongueirateSho:please:"model is usually a pushover" Model is not the old Model...they should have beaten Powell last year but struggled at the stripe..They lost a couple of Senior starters last season, but they arguably have the best young coach around, I really like him. They have had Estills number for the last 3 or 4 times, but I believe Estill may get them this year, still yet they are poised to give problems to the Richmond teams.