Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Joker shakes up the Staff.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Two assistants fired today. Joker also plans on hiring a co defensive cord. before the Bowl game against Pitt, so we will have a co defensive to help Steve Brown with the D.

Defensive backs coach -Chris Thurmond
Running backs coach Larry Brinson
Well, Maybe this is a good move.
I hope we can get a big time name to come in a be our D-Cord and maybe push Coach Brown back to being our DB coach like he was before being promoted to our DC.
The Defensive staff definitely needs a makeover
Why fire the running backs coach? That was one of the best units. This may make more sense to someone else.
LWC Wrote:Why fire the running backs coach? That was one of the best units. This may make more sense to someone else.

He is a terrible recruiter. Joker knows the only way to compete in the SEC is improving recruiting.

Glad to see both coaches go and Brown get demoted.
well EKU, wouldnt it be funny if you got your wish and Centrals coach was hired,lol
^

Brown hasn't been domoted yet, Joker just plans on hiring another D-Coordinator and having two as Co-D-Coordinators but hopefully its someone with some better D schemes and it demotes Coach Brown back to being our DB coach.
^No way they would demote him before the bowl game.
I'd say they are just biding their time on that one.
^

And they dont plan on demoting him before the Bowl game, they plan on having two DC for the Bowl game. I mean during the offseason, whoever the DC is hired hopefully it is a good one and can take over as the new DC and let Coach Brown go back to his old duties.
^I was agreeing with you lol
I've been hearing rumors about demoting Brown and promoting defensive line coach David Turner.
Saw somewhere that UK has reached out to Randy Shannon about the DC position.
UK needs some shake ups in the coaching staff.
May be a good sign that Joker will step out and try to find a solution to the problems from the season.
MVP2 Wrote:^

Brown hasn't been domoted yet, Joker just plans on hiring another D-Coordinator and having two as Co-D-Coordinators but hopefully its someone with some better D schemes and it demotes Coach Brown back to being our DB coach.

IMO, that's a demotion.
^I would think it to be a demotion. How many other programs use co-Dcordinators.
I like the decision from joker
Aslan Wrote:Saw somewhere that UK has reached out to Randy Shannon about the DC position.

I really hope this becomes official.
I'm not gonna rag on Joker too much with it being his first year, but i really hope he makes the right hires to make the program better.
I hope he changes up the recruiting trails too.
I know weve got some pretty decent players from Georgia, but Stone Mountain is not the only place to go on a recruiting trip.
Hopefully if we get Shannon, it will open up a whole new world in recruiting for Kentucky. I would say this is exactly what Joker is thinking as well.
Shannon is NOT going to UK.:HitWall:
18fan Wrote:Shannon is NOT going to UK.:HitWall:

is this offical, or hear say?
MVP2 Wrote:Two assistants fired today. Joker also plans on hiring a co defensive cord. before the Bowl game against Pitt, so we will have a co defensive to help Steve Brown with the D.

Defensive backs coach -Chris Thurmond
Running backs coach Larry Brinson

Who's he going to hire.....Penguin, Riddlier, or Catwomen?????

Rumor from Morgantown has Lockwood heading back to UK to join Joker's staff.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Who's he going to hire.....Penguin, Riddlier, or Catwomen?????

Rumor from Morgantown has Lockwood heading back to UK to join Joker's staff.

Who is Lockwood?
Rick Minter Defensive Coordinator

Steve Pardue Running Backs Coach

Lockwood Defensive Backs Coach if Steve Brown leaves.
JCHS05 Wrote:Rick Minter Defensive Coordinator

Steve Pardue Running Backs Coach

Lockwood Defensive Backs Coach if Steve Brown leaves.

Rick Minter is not the answer,he wasnt good at Cincinatti,and was a total failure for Charlie Wiese at Notre Dame.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Who is Lockwood?

David Lockwood, Defensive Backs coach.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:David Lockwood, Defensive Backs coach.

Thank you.
UK seems to go recruited once again in LaGrange, Ga area but this time it is not a player. Steve Pardue, longtime head coach at powerhouse LaGrange (Ga.) High School, has become a member of the Kentucky football staff as coach of the running backs.
Pages: 1 2